The editorial board of the New York Post Salvatore Ferragamo sz 8 Extra Narrow AAAA Blue Gold Womens Slip On Shoes Italy.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
|Condition: || : |
An item that has been or previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes: ||“EXCELLENT NEAR NEW CONDIITON” |
| Style: ||SLIDES|| Width: ||Medium (B, M)|
| Fastening: ||Slip On|| Pattern: ||Floral|
| Heel Height: ||Low (3/4 in. to 1 1/2 in.)|| Color: ||White|
| US Shoe Size (Women's): ||12|| Brand: ||DREW|
| Material: ||Leather|
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Puma Vega Ballet SL Pink White Casual Athletic Fashion Sneakers Shoes Womens 9.5.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Alegria by PG Lite Womens Flair Mary Jane Wedge- Pick SZ/Color. and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Ahnu Emeryville Timberwolf Perforated Leather Oxfords, Womens US 9.5. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was New ANDREA CONTI leather ballet flats shoes red 9 9.5 US 40 Italy. Continue reading
DREW FLORAL LEATHER MARY JANE CLOG SLIDES SZ 12 M COMFORT npqvzq442-Flats
- Women's sz 7 EE, 2E NEW BALANCE Nylon Running Shoes Blue Yellow w1080by7 vegan
- AUTHENTIC NIKE AIR VAPORMAX FLYKNIT 2 Wht Hydro Blue Pink 942843 102 Women size
- DANSKO BROWN CLOGS SZ 40N OR 9N EUC
- DOLCE & GABBANA Blue Suede Mens Loafers 10
- Men's Chic Soccer Cleat Football Sneakers Outdoor Trained Soccer Shoes Blue US9
- Gentlemen/Ladies YK-902 Safety Shoes Microfibre Smash-proof Penetration-resistant Packaging diversity a variety of Seasonal promotion
- Rhinestones Mens Pointy Toes Slip On Loafers Shoes Clubwear Driving Summer New
- Rockport Men’s Eureka Brown Leather Walking Shoes Size 10.5W D1259/
- Rock & Candy Spray Paint Foldover Ankle Boots 544, Black Blue, 7 US
- Clarks MUCKERS 31147 Waterproof Zip Up Brown Leather Shoes/Boots~Ladies 6 1/2M
- Jessica Simpson Bressy Women's Microsuede Studded Over The Knee Boots
- ZARA NEW FLAT OVER-THE-KNEE BOOTS WITH CHAIN DETAIL 7054/201
- BC Footwear Alliance Faux Suede Fringe Ankle Boots, Women's Size 8, Black
- FLEXA BY BROTHERS ROSSETTI GROUP MAN BLACK size 45 LEATHER ART. 83002
- Rockport Men's Total Motion Sport Dress Woven Oxford Rocksand Woven Leather
- Christian Louboutin Men's gold stitched design slip on Shoes US 8 eu 41
- THE NORTH FACE BASE CAMP SLIDE II NF0A3FWOLA9 WHITE/BLACK/WHITE
- Bass Hayden Womens Slides Shoe SZ 7.5 M Black Leather Braided Flat Sale Designer
- Nike Vapor Speed Mens Sz 16 Red Black Low Football Cleats Athletic Shoes ZT-994
- Nike Air JR 24 Blue Black High Top Basketball Shoes Size 8
- LACROSSE Mens Rubber Boot 15" tall Size 9
- Dr Martens Harrisland Mens Dark Brown Leather Ankle Boots US 12
- Columbia Men's Irvington™ 6" Leather Waterproof Boot, Black, Size 11.5M, New
- Bar 111 Men's Burgundy /Red Wing Tip Ankle Boots Size-11.5
- Ridge Outdoors 3208 Dura-Max Leather Suede 8" Coyote Boots
- Giuseppe Zanotti Khaki Boots/Booties Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
- Stuart Weitzman Red Turbo Suede Over The Knee Boots/Booties Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B)
- Cole Haan Mens size 9.5B Black Leather Slip On Ankle Elastic Panel Chelsea Boots
- Ryan Rowe Camden Black Portugal Leather, Mens Shoes, Size 11.5M
- Invicta Mens Objet dArt Automatic Stainless Steel Casual Watch,
- Adidas Falcon Trainers Size 3.5
- Christian Louboutin Black Taupe Gunmetal Galata 70 Patent Leather Pvc Clear Cutout Heels Sandals Pumps Size US 7
- Nike Air Max Trainer 94 Low Trainer Mens Size 12 [880995 001]
- Nike Men's Downshifter 8 Running Shoe Wolf Grey/ Metallic Dark Grey (908984 004)
- adidas Womens aSMC Barricade Boost Tennis Shoes Grey Sports Breathable
- NIKE Shox NZ Shimmer 844131 002 Women Size 10 Sneakers Grey Purple 172-4
- Womens Nike SHOX GRAVITY Running Shoes -Retail $150 -AQ8554 105 -Sz 7 -New
- Women Wedge Heels Winter Snow Ankle Boots Platform Pull On Casual Comfort Shoes
- Nike Air Max 1 Prem Trainers Boxed Brand New
- Nike Huarache Experimentals 2018 size 6 yellow blue purple pink white
- Gentleman/Lady Not Rated Women's Tutsan Riding Boots Guarantee quality and quantity Preferred material Fashion dynamic
- Kenneth Cole New York Women's Noelle Ankle Bootie - Choose SZ/Color
- Christian Dior Womens Black Pebbled Leather Platform Booties SZ 37
- Isaac Mizrahi Sara Royal Blue Suede Snake Embossed Loafer NEW
- L'Artiste by Spring Step Womens Gabriel Leather Almond Toe, Brown, Size 10.5 Qf5
- Yosi Samra Silver Foldable Ballet Flat * 10 * Metallic Leather Womens
- Munro Men's Brown Leather Slip On Shoes 2427 Size 9WW
- MOA MASTER OF ARTS WOMEN'S LEATHER SLIP ON SNEAKERS NEW WHITE DAF
- Auth Miu Miu White Patent Leather Crystal Metal Cap Toe Slip on Sneakers Sz 37 7
- ASICS Women's GEL-Foundation 13 Running Shoe Indigo Blue/Silver/Seashell Pink
- EMPORIO ARMANI EA7 WOMEN'S SHOES HIGH TOP SUEDE TRAINERS SNEAKERS PRIDE LASE 897
- ECCO Womens Black Leather Sneaker Occupational US 6.5 Hook and Loop
- Gentlemen/Ladies Ted Baker Women's Xstal Fashion Boot excellent quality cheapest Maintenance capability
- Ermenegildo Zegna Men's Green Suede Slipon Loafer Driving Shoes NWOT US 9
- Gentlemen/Ladies Mens Sperry Canvas - Striper Cvo Quality queen Reliable performance Clearance sale
DANSKO Stapled Snake Print Leather Clog Graphite Python Euro SZ 39 USA SZ 8.5-9
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)DONALD J. PLINER 'Vutra' Multi-Colored Cheetah Print Slip On Loafer Shoe SZ 7.5M (“Intra-City Differences”).SoftWalk Women's Simba Flat, Blue, 10 W US Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Comfortiva Womens grace Closed Toe Slide Flats, Silver, Size 7.5 SOeJ, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? New Dr Martens Women's US 6 Rosyna Loafer Slip On Pebble Leather Air Cushion BLK
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a AGL Attilio Giusti Leombruni Size 35.5 US 5.5 Cap Toe Quilted Ballet Flats. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Ralph Lauren Rosemary Black Patent Leather Loafer Mule Clog Dress Shoes, Tassels
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Women's Leather Shoes by Wolverine size 9 M
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Mephisto Womens Norma Slip on Loafer 10.5 White Tan Striped Strap leather rubber.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
ANDRE ASSOUS Lana Black & White Leather Espadrilles Size 39 Made in Spain $149
Bernie NEW J Crew Two-Tone Pointed-Toe Loafers Sz 8.5 Iced Peach H5521 $148 J.Crew RARE.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Skechers BOBS Women's Plush - Moody Blue Flat, - Choose SZ/Color