The editorial board of the New York Post adidas Outdoor Terrex Agravic Shoe Womens Trail Running Core- Select SZ/Color..
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
| Condition: |
New with box: A brand-new, un, and un item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
| Brand: |
| US Shoe Size (Women's): ||6|
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. AUTHENTIC WOMEN ADIDAS ORIGINALS TECH SUPER W FASHION SNEAKER SHOES BLACK 9.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the New Women's Adidas Superstar White Holographic Iridescent Sneakers size 6 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously ADIDAS ORIGINALS SUPERSTAR 80s 3D "METAL TOES" WHITE SIZE 7.5 NEW RARE (BB2034). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Adidas Falcon Pdx Womens Style : G99097. Continue reading
Women's Lite Racer Shoes Sun Size 6 NWB Adidas Glo npatgu442-Athletic Shoes
- Women's sz 7 EE, 2E NEW BALANCE Nylon Running Shoes Blue Yellow w1080by7 vegan
- AUTHENTIC NIKE AIR VAPORMAX FLYKNIT 2 Wht Hydro Blue Pink 942843 102 Women size
- DANSKO BROWN CLOGS SZ 40N OR 9N EUC
- DOLCE & GABBANA Blue Suede Mens Loafers 10
- Men's Chic Soccer Cleat Football Sneakers Outdoor Trained Soccer Shoes Blue US9
- Gentlemen/Ladies YK-902 Safety Shoes Microfibre Smash-proof Penetration-resistant Packaging diversity a variety of Seasonal promotion
- Rhinestones Mens Pointy Toes Slip On Loafers Shoes Clubwear Driving Summer New
- Rockport Men’s Eureka Brown Leather Walking Shoes Size 10.5W D1259/
- Rock & Candy Spray Paint Foldover Ankle Boots 544, Black Blue, 7 US
- Clarks MUCKERS 31147 Waterproof Zip Up Brown Leather Shoes/Boots~Ladies 6 1/2M
- Indigo Rd. Women's Rellie Chelsea Boot, Cognac, 7.5 M US
- MATISSE Women’s Brown Leather Mid Calf Side Zip Up Western Boots Size 7M $150
- Clarks Sillian Sway Bootie - Women's size 9 M - Dark Brown
- SPERRY TOP SIDER CLOUDS DROIDS R2D2 SLIP ON SHOES MENS SIZE 4.5 NEW
- new $450 Donald J Pliner Trevisspzc Skull Slip-On Shoes Sz. 11
- G.H. BASS Men's Wyatt Leather Driver Moccasin Loafer Casual Shoe Navy
- Quiksilver Men's Carver Print Sandal Blue/Blue/Black 10 M US
- Nine West Womens Starship Nubuck Ballet Flat- Pick SZ/Color.
- Black Walking Cross Trainer Athletic Leather Shoe MEN'S Size 11.5
- Nike 306869-002 Zoom Air Black White Basketball Shoes Men's SZ 10.5
- MENS GRAFTERS BLACK LEATHER WIDE FITTING SAFETY WORK SHOES SIZE 6–13 M9504A KD
- Rothco 5058 Rothco 5058 Army Style Desert Combat Boot with Wave or Ripple Sole
- *#F MERINO Sheepskin Slipper Boots MENS SIZE US 6 100% Pure Sheep Wool COZY
- Eurostar TAHOE-12346 Black leather Mens Boot excellent condition
- JOHN VARVATOS Gray Chukka Boots Shoes Sz 9.5
- Christian Louboutin Gold Jenny Nappa Knot Platform Pumps Size EU 39.5 (Approx. US 9.5) Regular (M, B)
- Rene Caovilla Gold Tone Pearl Crystal Sandals Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)
- Mens Black Lord of the Rings Game of Thrones Cosplay Costume Boots Shoes 9 10 11
- NEW $495 Rag & Bone Chuck Taylor High Top Black Sneakers Shoes / 10.5 US
- Hugo Boss Spacit Mens 50247632-128 Open White Suede Nylon Casual Shoes Size 12
- Puma Women's Basket Platform Shoe
- Haider Ackermann Black Women's Suede Ankle Boots/Booties Size US 6 Regular (M, B)
- Nike DUNK HIGH PRO SB Smoke Ion Pink Baroque Brown Discounted (240) Men's Shoes
- Size 11 Nike Air Huarache Shoes Black, Max Orange, White
- Adidas Originals Nmd _ Xr1 Pack Mujer Zapatillas Deportivas Running BB2376
- Nike Air Zoom Cage 3 Tennis Shoes Sz 6.5 Pure Platinum Blue Nebula 918199-046
- Brooks Ghost 8 Size US 9.5 M (B) Women's Running Shoes Purple 1201931B038
- Steve Madden Womens Beacon Knee High Slouch Suede Boots Shoes Size US 7 M
- Nike Flight Bonafide BNIB 917742-201 Khaki Mens RARE
- Air Jordan viii 8 Black Citrus Orange Grey Suns Size 9.5
- Hush Puppies Women's Proud Overton Boot Dark Brown Leather 5.5 M US
- Bearpaw Women's Kennedy Boot Black II Cow Suede Winter Boots
- NIB JIMMY CHOO CHESHIRE BLACK RUBBER PVC STIRRUP STRAP RAIN RIDING TALL BOOTS 41
- COLE HAAN black patent leather slip-on flat shoes size 8
- Miu Miu Black Patent Leather Beaded Flats Size 6.5
- Steve Madden Gills Mauve Suede Leather Slip-On Sneakers Platform Shoes Size 8
- Neiman Marcus Stansie Camel Ballet Flat Slip On Leather Shoes Sz 8M
- Lanvin Beige Patent Leather Ballerina Flats SZ 35.5
- NIKE FREE RN DISTANCE 2 Women's Running shoes NEW MSRP $120. 863776 501 Violet
- MIZUNO WAVE TORNADO 9 36.5-38.5 50 NEW indoor bolt stealth steam lightning
- Reebok Women's R Crossfit Nano 7 Sneaker
- Minnetonka Women's Shoes Size 8.5 Black Pebbled Leather Fringed Moccasins
- Orthofeet Women's Chattanooga Grey Mesh/Red Suede Mary Janes
- WHF Weber Hodel Feder Men's Shoes 654693 Black 41
- Men's Chinese Floral embroidered Loafers Slip On Casual Shoes Fashion Moccasins
Adidas NMD_R1 PK W Women Primeknit Grey Glitch White Beige Tan BY9865 sz 6-10.5
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)adidas D Lillard 3 J Damian Lillard Black Red Kids Junior Basketball Shoe B49590 (“Intra-City Differences”).Womens ADIDAS TUBULAR INVADER 2.0 W Dark Cyan Hi Top Trainers BA7509 Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Womens ADIDAS PUREBOOST W Q4 Black Running Trainers M21406, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Stella McCartney adidas StellaSport Irana Womens Fitness Sneakers - White Black
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Adidas Women Training Women's Powerlift 2.0 Shoes - B39860 - Brand New w/box. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Adidas NMD R1 Runner Boost Core Black Mint Icy Blue Women's BY9951 SZ10
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Adidas NEW Terrex Boost W B44424 Women's Shoes Size 6.5
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Adidas Boost Womens 7.5 #BY8691.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
ADIDAS ENERGY BOOST 3 Midnight Navy Grey Salmon Pink Womens Size 9 41 1/3 EUR
Bernie Adidas Pureboost X TR Zip Training Shoe - Womens.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? NEW~Adidas PERFORMANCE BARRICADE TEAM 4 Tennis Shoe Adi Trainer gym~Womens sz 10