The editorial board of the New York Post Christian Louboutin Flamingo Pigalle Follies 100 Pumps Size EU 40.5 (Approx. US 10.5) Narrow (Aa, N).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Christian Louboutin Gold Leather T-strap Heels with Red Cap Toe Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Valentino Sand New Soul Rockstud 115mm Slingback 38.5 Sandals Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Christian Louboutin Black Lady Daf Leather Platform 38.5 Pumps Size US 8 Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Christian Louboutin Black Escriminette 120 Perforated Leather Pumps Size EU 39.5 (Approx. US 9.5) Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Alexander Wang Black Anouck Boots/Booties Size 9 Regular B) US (M, npmcdl442-Boots
- Women's sz 7 EE, 2E NEW BALANCE Nylon Running Shoes Blue Yellow w1080by7 vegan
- AUTHENTIC NIKE AIR VAPORMAX FLYKNIT 2 Wht Hydro Blue Pink 942843 102 Women size
- DANSKO BROWN CLOGS SZ 40N OR 9N EUC
- DOLCE & GABBANA Blue Suede Mens Loafers 10
- Men's Chic Soccer Cleat Football Sneakers Outdoor Trained Soccer Shoes Blue US9
- Gentlemen/Ladies YK-902 Safety Shoes Microfibre Smash-proof Penetration-resistant Packaging diversity a variety of Seasonal promotion
- Rhinestones Mens Pointy Toes Slip On Loafers Shoes Clubwear Driving Summer New
- Rockport Men’s Eureka Brown Leather Walking Shoes Size 10.5W D1259/
- Rock & Candy Spray Paint Foldover Ankle Boots 544, Black Blue, 7 US
- Clarks MUCKERS 31147 Waterproof Zip Up Brown Leather Shoes/Boots~Ladies 6 1/2M
- Madden Girl Womens Fiizzle Peep Toe Ankle Fashion Boots, Cognac Paris, Size 6.5
- Propét Women's Teagan Riding Boot Black Size 6.0
- Men's/Women's Women's 6 1/2 Beige Seychelles Boots Fine workmanship Used in durability Clearance sale
- NEW BALANCE MAN FREE TIME CASUAL SNEAKER SHOES SUEDE CODE NM598TRI
- Adidas Consortium x Collette x Undefeated EQT Support S.E. 'D Blue' Sample (US9)
- Cole Haan Men's Java Leather White Pinch Weekender Loafers 3382 Sz 10.5 M
- Men Slip On Sandals Shoe Comfortable Natural Buffalo Leather UK Size 7 8 9 10 11
- L Womens Colorful Rivet Spike Flat Heel Oxford Loafers Boat Casual Shoes Slipper
- $149.99 Lacoste Stealth Revan 3 NYC 2 (black / soda) 7-17STM6781Y62
- Adidas F10 Indoor Mens Soccer Shoes Core White/Rich Blue/Green Size 10, 10.5
- Varese Gobi Chukka Boots, Men's Size 11M, Brown, Nice Condition
- Men's Saddle Two Tone Chedron Sand Overlay Leather Cowboy Boots Rubber Sole
- Men's/Women's Columbia Men's Liftop II Snow Boot Durable service Low price Various
- Rockport Mens Brown Work & Safety Boots Size 7.5 (E, W) (420439)
- NEW HUNTER MENS MEN'S ORIGINAL GARDEN STRIPE SHORT RAIN BOOTS: DARK OLIVE/OFF...
- Valentino Beige Open Sneaker Sneakers Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Leopard Print Gold New Chelita Pony Hair Wingtip Boots/Booties Size US 5.5
- Men's Brown Justin Genuine Lizard Skin Western Cowboy Boots 10D Made In USA
- New Olukai 10284 26DE 'Eleu Trainer Charcoal Men's Casual Slip On Shoes 12 US
- TOD'S FLAT RUBBER SOLE SMOOTH BLACK LEATHER DERBY SHOES - / USA 9 /
- NWOB adidas Supernova Sequence 9 BOOST STABLEFRAME Women's Running Shoes SZ 11
- Christian Louboutin Mariposa Boots/Booties Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B)
- Air Jordan 5 Retro Low Fire Red Size 9 Janoski Air Max 1 2 3 4 97 1 90 95
- MENS NIKE ZOOM REV TB BASKETBALL SHOES 922048 600 UNIV. RED $110 MENS 6 WMNS 7.5
- Adidas Stan Smith B24105 WHT/GRN Womens Size 11
- Nike Air Force 1 Ultraforce Force is Female Vintage Wine 8.5 Women's AJ1701-600
- Reebok Size 8 Black Running Sneakers New Womens Shoes
- Skechers Women's D'Lites Winter Boot, Black, Size 7.0
- NEW Kevin Durant Nike Air KD 7 Sneaker Basketball Flywire Camo Shoe Size 11
- nike air jordan retro 4 royalty
- Europe womens flat round toe mid calf boots synthetic tassel snow pull on shoes
- Womens Patent Leather Knight Knee-high Boots Heels High Platform Pole dance 18cm
- Tommy Hilfiger TWTONNY2 Womens Tonny Hiking Boot- Choose SZ/Color.
- Clarks Women's Brown Leather Slip On Loafers W/Buttons Detail Size 6.5M US
- G.H. Bass Weejuns Black Womens Shoes Size 6 M Flats MSRP $110
- Men/Women EASY SPIRIT PIERS DARK TAUPE SUEDE New Listing fashionable Export
- JSport by Jambu Sideline Encore Sport Flats, Black/White
- papucei shoes size 38 black with glitter
- Skechers Sport Women's Glider Stretch Fit Fearless Deep Space Sneaker
- NEW NIKE WOMEN SIZE 11 US JUNIOR RUNNING SHOES PINK WHITE 100% AUTHENTIC
- Man's/Woman's Dansko Women's Professional Clog Overspray Patent Special price Trendy Excellent stretching
- SAS Tripad Loafers Womens Size 8.5 W Beige Comfort Walking Shoes - Wide Width
- Alegria by PG Lite Women's Keli Pro Clog Tex-Mex Leather Comfort Shoes
- men's shoes BALDININI 11 () sneakers black leather textile BY537-44
- Man/Woman Nautilus Safety Footwear Size 9.5 EUC Easy to use discount price Famous store
Christian Louboutin Cl Crisscross Formal Shoes Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Fendi Wuthering Heights Brown Ankle Boots Sz 39 Heels Wood Inlay Heels 895 (“Intra-City Differences”).Valentino Multi Color Stripe Leather High Boots/Booties Size US 8 Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Christian Louboutin Black Patent Leather Marcia Balla 45 Pumps Size EU 41 (Approx. US 11) Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Christian Louboutin Black Gela Davis Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Jimmy Choo Silver Musk Patent Atlas Strappy Platform Open Sandals Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Miu Miu Burgundy/Black Prada Suede Two Tone Tall Knee High Curved Boots/Booties Size US 8
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Prada Purple Double Brocade Double-strap Slides Sandals Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Prada Black Polished Leather Sneaker-style Oxford With Sneakers Size EU 35.5 (Approx. US 5.5) Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Manolo Blahnik Red Bb Pumps Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)
Bernie Valentino Green Rockstud Army Star Camo Slip On Trainer Sneaker Flats Size EU 35 (Approx. US 5) Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Fendi Olive Green & Burgundy Red Stiletto - Fall 2014 Pumps Size US 6 Regular (M, B)