The editorial board of the New York Post NEW CHAPS GINGER BLACK PATENT CROC LOAFERS 9.5B , Flat, Medium (B,M), US Size.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
|Condition: || : |
An item that has been or previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes: ||“a few marks and light scuffs” |
| Brand: ||SAS|| Occasion: ||Wear to Work|
| Style: ||Loafers & Moccasins|| Pattern: ||Metallic|
| US Shoe Size (Women's): ||7|| Heel Height: ||Low (3/4 in. to 1 1/2 in.)|
| Width: ||Narrow (AA, N)|| Country/Region of Manufacture: ||United States|
| Material: ||Leather|| Fastening: ||Slip On|
| Color: ||Pewter|| UPC: ||Does not apply|
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Joseph Seibel Womens Casual Brown Leather Shoes Size 41/10 US.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Paul Green Munchen US 7.5 Brown Leather & Suede Loafers Comfort Shoes and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously halogen 'owen' women's ballet flats gray snake skin prints leather size 7 M. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Womens Adidas NEO Courtset Frost Pink Suede Athletic Sport Shoes DB0146 Size 7-9. Continue reading
SAS Tripad Comfort Womens Loafer 7 N Pewter Leather Slip On Shoes USA Penny npqvzq576-Flats
- Asics Gel-Cumulus 17 Womens T5D8N-3587 Pink Pistachio Running Shoes Size 8
- Nike Air Max 90 LX Cheetah Print Black Sail 898512 007 BNWB RARE WMNS Sz 9.5
- Alegria PG Lite Pal 601 Black Mary Jane Shoes Womens 10.5 M Leather Clogs
- NEW Common Projects Achilles Low White w/ Confetti Sole - | US 10
- New Men's Mark Nason Los Angeles Skechers Banning Casual Mid-top (68518) (I7)
- POLO Ralph Luaren Vaughn Saddl Men's15D Low Top Suede BOAT Shoes Red Pony NEW
- KrystalSB Korea Made Mens 3cm/1.18" Up Elevator Sneakers Shoes US7~10
- Converse Jack Purcell JP Signature Series Hi Top Navy Blue (153592C) Size 11
- NEW WOMENS BEACON TAN JILL BOOTS SHOES SIZE 9.5M 9.5 M
- Sofft Womens Size 6 M Black Boots Leather Buckle Side Zip Ankle Bootie
- Nina Womens Kristene White Perforated Shooties Heels 6.5 Medium (B,M) BHFO 6440
- Miz Mooz Leather Cut Out Sandals w/ Stud Details - Tessa 37 (6.5-7)
- NWOB Blondo "Venise" Waterproof Black Leather Riding Boots/Size 5.5M
- Men's Cushe Slipper Surf Slip- On Shoes Available In Green And Brown
- Nautica NAPNWP003 Mens NEWPORT Quartz Stainless Steel and Silicone Casual Watch,
- NIB$645 Cantarelli Sartorial Luxury Italian beautiful Shoes 44/11US Best sale
- Men's Hiking Sandals Closed Toe Fisherman Beach Shoes Genuine Leather Sandals UI
- AUTH NIB ADIDAS Y-3 ADILETTE BLACK SANDALS SLIDES SZ 9
- Men's CONVERSE Blue Gray Size 12 GUC some fading
- Reebok Soyay Skateboard Sneaker - Men's Size 7.5, Navy
- NEW Terra Metal Free Thermatoe Cold Weather Black Boots Size 9 (HKR60-1107)
- Mens Leather Ankle Boots British High Top Shoes Casual Pointed Toe New outdoor
- Men Desert Delta Force Military Boots Tactical Airsoft Hunting Outdoor Army Ta
- MENS llCON SUPERDUTY 4 BLACK LEATHER RIDING BOOTS SZ 10
- Double-H Mens Size 9 3E Brown Leather Cowboy Boots DH1552
- Christian Louboutin Nude Fliketta Patent Leather Pointy Heel Pumps Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Black 713-398-4852 Sneakers Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
- Rare! Herman Survivors Boots Boulder Display Shelf! Rock!
- 2018 Mens Loafers Moccasins Embroidery Round Toe Flats Slip On Board Shoes SIZE
- Nike Zoom KD10 Men's Basketball Shoes Black/Black- Dark Grey 897815-004
- adidas Women's Cloudfoam Advantage Clean Fashion Sneakers
- Tory Burch Caroline Flats Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Jordan Flight Runner 2 Men's Basketball Shoes, 848785 012 Size 8.5 NWB
- NIKE LUNAREPIC FLYKNIT MEN'S RUNNING SHOES 818676 600 UNIVERSITY RED 12
- Ultraboost X Parley Uncaged Light Blue Size 8 Women’s
- Nike Flyknit Air Max - Womens US Size: [ 8 ] - Crimson/Orange/Black
- adidas Women's Alphabounce Cr W Running Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- Gladiator Womens Pointy Toe Stretchy Over Knee Thigh Boots Stilettos Shoes Club
- Nike SB Stefan Janoski Digi Premium QS OG VNDS ZEBRA size 12 man sneaker shoes
- nike Air Huarache Run Premium MOWABB ACG US MENS SHOE SIZES 704830-010
- Liliana SACAI-7 Black Faux Leather Chainmail Slouch Pointy Toe Chunky Wedge Boot
- Lucky Women's Lk-Belia Ankle Bootie, Dark Moss, 8.5 M US
- Brown & Green Fluevog Wearever Hvala Boots 6.5
- Klogs Womens Geneva Slip On Shoe Slip Resistant Black Size 5 M
- Jambu Women's Blossom Encore Mary Jane Flat
- Go Vulc 2-Pivot Skechers Womens Fashion Sneaker- Choose SZ/Color.
- Man's/Woman's Bead Embellished Striped Flatform Slip-On Sneaker Adequate supply and timely delivery modern Clearance sale
- Slowwalk Made in Spain Leather comfort walking shoes
- Skechers Women's Highrise High Flashion Platform Sneaker Black Sneakers
- Inov-8 Womens F-Lite 250 Specialty Shoes 000040 Black/White Size 8.5
- NEW CLARKS WOMENS WEAVER - WOMENS ORIGINALS SHOES - MAPLE SUEDE
- Rare Steve Madden Shania Yellow hi top Sneakers kick boxing basketball boots sz8
- Seychelles Even Better Women’s 8.5 Rose Gold Metallic Slip On Shoes X14-1279
- Men Casual Shoes Diesel S-Naptik Leather Fashion Sneakers Brown P1129 H5363
- Nunn Bush Mens myles st Leather Closed Toe Slip On Shoes, Black, Size 13.0 VaS6
Dansko Womens Oksana Loafer - Grey Cheetah Leather US 5.5-6
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Irregular Choice Dark Blue Oxford Wingtip Brogues Size 37/7 (“Intra-City Differences”).Sanuk Maisie Blue Stripes Women's Casual Shoe Blue Stripes - 6 Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a KARL LAGERFELD Sneaker Giselle Slip On Suede Studded Sparkly Sneaker Sz 6.5M EUC, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Spring Step L'Artiste | Amour Heart Leather Mary Jane Wedge Clogs | 38 / 7.5 - 8
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a New Cole Haan Augusta Black/White Criss Cross Slide Shoes Size 10M. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Rieker Anti-Stress TAN Comfort Shoes Flats Womens Shoes / 9.5 US
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Report Aioli Pearl Black Satin Platform Sneaker Shoes Size 7.5M
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Nine West Women's Lildevil Synthetic Fashion Sneaker - Choose SZ/Color.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Vintage Flower Womens Fashion Flats Oxfords Loafers Round Toe Boots Shoes Colors
Bernie Vintage Womens Fashion Round Toe Slip On Platform Casual Preppy Loafers Shoes.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Womens Lady Leather Butterfly FLATS slip on Loafers Preppy Casual Low Top Shoes