The editorial board of the New York Post Givenchy White/Black Boxing Sneakers Sneakers Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Salvatore Ferragamo Black Boutique Flats Size US 10.5 Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Christian Louboutin Black and White Esoteri 120 Nappa Patent Calf Toe Pumps Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Tory Burch Flower Blue Valentina Bow Slide Sandals Size US 6 Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Salvatore Ferragamo Black Sandals Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Valentino Nude Rockstud Leather Ballet Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B) Flats Crystal npwzng576-Flats
- Asics Gel-Cumulus 17 Womens T5D8N-3587 Pink Pistachio Running Shoes Size 8
- Nike Air Max 90 LX Cheetah Print Black Sail 898512 007 BNWB RARE WMNS Sz 9.5
- Alegria PG Lite Pal 601 Black Mary Jane Shoes Womens 10.5 M Leather Clogs
- NEW Common Projects Achilles Low White w/ Confetti Sole - | US 10
- New Men's Mark Nason Los Angeles Skechers Banning Casual Mid-top (68518) (I7)
- POLO Ralph Luaren Vaughn Saddl Men's15D Low Top Suede BOAT Shoes Red Pony NEW
- KrystalSB Korea Made Mens 3cm/1.18" Up Elevator Sneakers Shoes US7~10
- Converse Jack Purcell JP Signature Series Hi Top Navy Blue (153592C) Size 11
- NEW WOMENS BEACON TAN JILL BOOTS SHOES SIZE 9.5M 9.5 M
- Sofft Womens Size 6 M Black Boots Leather Buckle Side Zip Ankle Bootie
- Bandolino Belluna Ankle Boots - Women's Size 9.5M Black
- Womans sz 7 1/2 HARLEY DAVIDSON Cowboy Boots OMG
- Donald J Pliner Black Suede Leather Ankle Boots Womens Size 8 M
- Skechers Men's Porter Zevelo Oxford,Khaki,11.5 2W US
- Eastland 1955 Edition Men's Yarmouth 1955 Brown Leather Deck Shoes
- Manolo Blahnik Size 6.5 Driving Loafers Camel Color
- NWT Polo Ralph Lauren Men's Big Pony Logo Flip Flops Sandals Slippers
- Salvatore Ferragamo Black Patent Leather Ballet Flats Size 9 C (Wide)
- Reebok Mens Ros Workout Tr 2.0 Blue Walking Shoes Size 7.5 (362280)
- Men's Running Shoes Breathable Training Outdoor Casual Sports Shoes Sneakers NEW
- Skechers 4442 CDB Mens Verdict Mens Boot Dark Brown 12 M waterproof foam
- Winter Spring Mens British Low Heel Zip Mid Calf High Tops Chelsea Boots Shoes
- John Blair Black Leather Suede Ankle Boots Lightweight Men's Size 12M
- A154035 Total Fire Group Fire Fighter EMS Crosstech Waterproof Boots 6006 SZ 9.5
- 1849 Winter boot brown, cam, 800 grams UltraDry water poof Thermolite size 9.0 D
- Dsquared2 Red Sandals Size US 6 Regular (M, B)
- ALAÏA Black Eyelet Embellished Leather Chelsea Boots/Booties Size US 6
- Rocky Men's 8" Fort Hood Waterproof Black Boots Style 2049 NEW w/tags 8/8.5 EW
- Man/Woman Propet Men Lane - MCV024L fashion high quality Different styles and styles
- New Summer Men Slip On Tassels Moccasins Genuine Leather Casual Breathable Shoes
- Puma Women Basket Bow Puma White 367319 01 - BRAND NEW IN BOX!!
- Salvatore Ferragamo Wedges Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Jordan IV 4 Retro TECH GREY OREO 5.5
- Nike Flyknit Racer Multi Color Size 11.5
- Adidas Performance Women's Cheer Flyer Cross-Trainer Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- Nike Air Max Thea Ultra PRM Women's 848279-100 Summit White Running Premium Rare
- GUESS Sneaker High Top Sport Athletic Walking Shoe Shoes Flip Flop 7 8 9 8.5
- DailyShoes Women's Extreme High Fashion Ankle Strap Peep Toe Hidden Platform...
- Nike Shox Gravity Mens Grey Black Running Shoes Size 10.5
- Nike Lebron 13 Size 9.5
- Madden Girl Womens DENICE Closed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots, Stone Paris, Size 10.0
- Womens Punk retro Leather Zip Ankle high top mid calf Boots Motorcycle Shoes Sz
- PRADA BLACK SUEDE TALL LASER CUT BOOTS, 38, $1250
- CHACO Size 6.5 LOYALIST GUNNISON Women's Purple Black Mary Jane Outdoor Shoes
- Chic Womens Real Leather Slip on Loafers Low Heel Oxfords Casual Shoes Gomminos
- Anne Klein Womens Buttons Cap Toe Ballet Flats, namu/bk fb, Size 5.0
- I17-FR2 WOMEN'S SHOES 42 LOAFERS FABIO RUSCONI BROWN 100% LEATHER MADE IN ITALY
- Tory Burch Reva Cobra Snake Print Flat 8
- adidas Originals WMNS ClimaCool 02/17 women sneakers NEW grey white BY9289
- Earthies Women's Roma Gladiator Sandal Amber Premium Suede Sandals
- ASICS Running Shoes LADY GEL-KAYANO 24 Wide TJG759 Smoky Dark Blue US9.5(26cm)
- NIKE Womens Nike Lunarsolo AA4080-001 BLACK/WHITE-ANTHRACITE Womens Size 7.5
- NIB Keen Utility 1007016 Women's Detroit Low Steel Toe Size 9.5
- NEW Hi-Tec Batian Low WP BROWN-BLACK-DARK GREY Mens Shoes Trainers Sneakers SALE
- Misfits Die Die My Darling Men's Casual Slip On Canvas Black Punk Shoes NEW
Nine West Red Platforms Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Tory Burch Coconut/Dark Brown Coconut/Dark Tumbled Leather "Teresa " Tall Boots/Booties Size US 9 Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).Tory Burch Black Nova Lamb No. 22108128 Platforms Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Bottega Veneta White With Bow Leather Sling Back Heels Pumps Size US 10 Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Miu Miu White Nappa Leather Sneaker Patch Women Low Top Sneakers Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Tory Burch Vicuna/Tan/Taupe Dorese Leather Ankle Boots/Booties Size US 10 Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Vince Sneakers Sneakers Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Tory Burch Black Blossom Flowers Leather Gold Reva Flats Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Salvatore Ferragamo Floral Varina Denim Flats Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Tory Burch Black/Gold With Trim Strappy Heels Like New Formal Shoes Size US 6 Regular (M, B)
Bernie Sergio Rossi Beige Scarpe Donna Camel Tan Heels Pumps Size EU 38.5 (Approx. US 8.5) Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? RED Valentino Beige With Bow Ankle Strap Wedges Size US 8 Regular (M, B)