The editorial board of the New York Post Valentino Ivory Leather Gladiator Rockstud Ankle Strap Flats Sandals Size EU 38.5 (Approx. US 8.5) Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Valentino Rockstud Sling Back Pointy Flats Size US 6 Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Oscar de la Renta Pink Fuchsia Suede Sandy Bow Detail Sandals Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Stuart Weitzman Julia Leather Over The Knee Boots/Booties Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Aquazzura Black Wild Thing Leather Sandals Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B). Continue reading
atmos-tokyo | Rakuten Global Market: PUMA MATCH 74 UPDATED CORE (PUMA match 74 updated core WHITE/WHITE/GOLD FOIL CRYOVR SPEC spec) npuuij709-Sneakers
- WOMENS NIKE AIR HUARACHE RUN PREMIUM NFL BLACK GOLD WHITE SIZE: 7.5 845317 008
- DOLCE & GABBANA Neoprene Espadrilles Sneaker Shoes Strass Turquoise Blue 06655
- FINN COMFORT Shoes Womens 41 (10/10.5) Metallic Pewter Gray German Leather
- Balenciaga Triple S Trainer DSM Dover Street Market Sz 46 US 8 9 6 7 10 11
- MEN EVERGREEN DRESS/FORMAL SHOE SLIP-ON LOAFERS SHOE MAN-MADE LEATHER/LINING
- Kenneth Cole New York Design 102212 Mens Black Casual Dress Oxfords Shoes 9.5
- Men's Converse Trail Athletic Hiker Boot Composite Toe C4488
- Merrell Jungle Moc (Men's) Slip On Shoe. Classic Taupe
- Plomo Georgina Flat Sandal Off white New 38 8 M ankle Buckle
- Justin Distressed Brown Leather Roper Boot Womens 7.5 M/Style L3163 Excellent!
- Totes Womens caroline 2 Fabric Closed Toe Knee High Cold, Black, Size 7.0 hVLJ
- Rebecca Minkoff Women's Lara Bow Booties, Dark Cherry, Size 6.5
- White Mountain New Kansas Brown Womens Shoes Size 7 M Boots MSRP $79
- men's shoes FDF SHOES 12 () elegant black leather BZ367-G
- Freeman Plat COURT MID Men’s Leather Boot SNEAKERS Shoes Size 12 Blue
- Filling Pieces Black Leather Handmade Size 12 ()
- Puma Popcat Premium 36245803 True Blu True Blu US Sz 13 FREE SHIPPING BRAND NEW
- TOTO H30051 - 3 Inches Elevator Height Increase Closed Toe Dress Sandal Shoe
- Outdoor Athletic Shoes Causal Hiking Climbing Suede Sport Boots Brown Gray Green
- Men's Reebok DMX MAX Athletic Sport Walking Sneakers Brown Extra Wide 4E Sz 10.5
- VINTAGE BASS SUV SERIES SLIP ON SANDLES/LOAFERS
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Chukka Boots Men's Desert Sun Suede 12 M Taupe Excellent
- Security Line Tyto 4212 S3 Black Metal Free Composite Toe Cap Safety Trainers
- Men's Fashion Safety Shoes Steel Toe Breathable Boots Hiking Climbing Shoes T001
- Mens Riding Combat Military Leather Back Zipper Knee High Boots Punk Fashion Hot
- Christian Louboutin Black Lady Peep Kid Leather Pumps Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Black New French Tutu Pointy Toe 36 Boots/Booties Size US 6 Regular (M, B)
- Acme Dingo 7715 Espresso Brown Leather Cowboy Boots Mens Size 7.5D
- Oxfords Men's Sequin Silver Pull on loafers Shoes dress Maccassin new Prom Chic
- Kenneth Cole Can't Miss It Men's Sneakers in Black, Brown
- Man's/Woman's: Jordan retro 13: order
- Christian Louboutin Black Patent Leather Pumps Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Roshe One Men's Running Training Shoes
- NEW Nike Air Max Flair Running Training Sz 7.5
- Adidas DA9519 Women Equipment 10 U Haptic Running shoes pink sneakers
- Air Force 1 Flyknit Women’s 10 Black Oreo AF1
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 Women's Running Shoes, Size 12, 880560 103
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Graham Ankle Booties 204, Black, 6.5 US / 36.5 EU
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Mid Premium Men's Shoes Black/Grey 852542 001
- NEW NIKE AIR MAX BLACK Anthracite SHOES AUTHENTIC 942236 - MENS SIZE 10.5, 11
- Women Winter Over the Knee Boots High Heel Shoes Round Toe Buckle Strap SZ 34-44
- Pleaser Women's Taboo-2021/B/M Knee-High Boot,Black Patent,11 M US
- New Salvatore Ferragamo Brown Leather Short Ankle Boot Booties 9.5 Office Block
- Men's/Women's keen mary jane 6 Modern and elegant fashion Latest styles Superb craftsmanship
- $130 New Womens Sanita Professional Nurse black Patent Clogs 39 / 8 - 8.5
- Karl Lagerfeld Paris Womens Albi7 B/W Espadrilles 7.5 Medium (B,M) BHFO 3143
- BOBS from Skechers Womens The Menace Top Cat Fashion Sneaker- Pick SZ/Color.
- MEPHISTO Womens AMELIA Bronze Skimmer EU-6, US-8.5 (887067-187987)
- Mizuno Womens Wave Bolt 4 Netball Volleyball Sport Shoes
- Bernie Mev Women's Lulia Navy Camo Stretch Nylon
- Ted Baker Kelleip Womens White Leather Trainers
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS Vintage 70s Rekord Retro Leather Trainers Shoes Sz Womens 5
- NEW Women's Cobb Hill Sandy Black Leather Comfortable Slip on Dress Shoes
- MBT Tariki Mens Brown Leather Toning Walking Shoes 8 Fitness Workout Comfort
- Levis Miles preference Navy Burgundy size 9.5 and 10.5
Ivanka Trump Silver Genese Strappy Evening Sandals 181 Pumps Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Céline Black Delivery Running Sneaker Sneakers Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Narrow (Aa, N) (“Intra-City Differences”).Valentino Black Leather Rockstud Ankle Boots/Booties Size US 11 Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Christian Louboutin Brown * Maggie 140mm Pumps Leather Platforms Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Valentino Black Noir Rockstud Leather Cage Flats Size US 5.5 Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Christian Louboutin Black Fetish 120 Ankle Cuff Heel Pumps Size US 10.5 Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Balenciaga Pink Mules/Slides Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Valentino Red Coral Rockstud Slingback Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Christian Louboutin Green and Blue Multicolor Degraspike Studded Ombre Leather Pumps Size US 11.5 Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Valentino Rainbow Chevron Plexiglass Rockstud Leather Pumps Size US 5 Regular (M, B)
Bernie Christian Louboutin Pumps Size US 11.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Valentino Nude Rockstud Pump Sandals Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)