The editorial board of the New York Post 811355-034 Mens Nike HyperFr3sh Hyperfresh Print N7 BasketBall Shoes.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Nike 629877 Mens Air Jordan SC-3 High Top Basketball Athletic Sneakers Shoes.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Nike Men's Air Versitile Ii Basketball Shoe and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Nike Air Jordan Retro III 3 Crimson Mens Size 10. Style. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Nike Lebron Soldier IX TB Blue White Basketball Shoes 749498-401 Mens Size 17. Continue reading
NIKE FLYKNIT ONE + TEAM ORANGE-WHITE-GYM ROYAL SZ [554887-816] RED-GAME 14 npdmeu842-Athletic Shoes
- Nike Dunk Sky Hi VT QS Vachetta Leather/Yellow Women Size 11 Heels 611908-200
- Louboutin Louis Spikes Junior Leather & Denim Sneakers White Sz 40.5 ITA NIB
- Stuart Weitzman Black Suede Crystal/Onyx Jewel Detail Crepe Sole Womens 8M
- BUSCEMI | 100MM RED Leather Sneakers 46 13 NEW FW13 $890 BIRKIN First Release OG
- Bill Blass Leather Slip on Gray Loafers, Made in Italy, Mens Size 11
- Guess Men’s Toledo High Top Sneakers In Black Suede Shoes Size 11
- ADIDAS F10 TRX FG 36.5-38.5 NEW adizero predator copa mundial ace 15.1 f50
- HUSH PUPPIES FORMANT Solid Brown Leather Deck Style Shoes Moccasins Mens 10 M
- SeXy Ellie "EASY" 8.5 White Patent Knee High WOMENS BOOTS Zip Halloween Costume
- Women's 14th & Union Kimber Shoes Gray Suede Ankle Booties Size US 9 M
- Sam Edelman Womens edith Closed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots, Black Suede, Size 8.0 c
- Vasque Womens Monolith Ultradry Athletic Support Hiking Trail Mid Boots Size 6
- A35 Calistah Wedge Ankle Boots, Camo Green
- Men's Royal Republiq Black Suede Shoes size 43
- DS NIKE 2015 AIR MAX2 CB '94 OLD ROYAL RETRO 7.5 MAX FORCE 95 1 90 PRESTO RIFT
- Diesel Men's D-String Plus Black/Biking Red Sneakers Shoes Sz: 8
- CROCS CHAWAII TROPICAL CROCBAND FLIP FLOP MODI ATHENS SANDAL~Orange~M 11~NWT
- Klogs Landing Womens Clog Shoes Slate 10 M
- Vintage 90s Reebok Classic Shoes Womens Size 10 OG White
- Converse All Star White Textured Low Top Mens 11 EUC
- Rockport Mens Black Ankle Boots Size 11.5 (411045)
- Frye Harness Boots Mens 9 Medium Black Leather Biker Rider Zipper Back 87870
- Rockport Mens Work & Safety Boots Size 8 (36790)
- Allen Edmonds Maxfield Mens Loafer Two Tone Navy and Brown US 9.5 B Moc Toe
- DR. MARTENS Men Haircell "Vintage" Black Leather Steel Toe Boot Sz 13 CORCORAN
- Jimmy Choo Black Gold New Boots/Booties Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin * Version Eclipse Bille Et Boule 120 Pat/Pvc/Satin/Sue Pumps Size US 11 Regular (M, B)
- MEN PREOWN QUALITY "BRAHAM" SUEDE/CANVAS STEEL TOE WORK/SPORT SHOES-BLK-sz 9.5
- Skechers Men's Porter Ressen Oxford - Choose SZ/Color
- Hugo Boss Light Ness Sneaker FIFA World Cup 2014 Germany Men 10 US NIB 50261722
- Adidas Originals Men's Superstar 80'S PK Primeknit Trainers Shoes
- Prada Grey Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Men's Downshifter 8 Running Shoes
- NIKE AIR ONE TR MEN'S WHITE/BLACK/ANTHRACITE TRAINING SHOES sz 8,
- Adidas Sambarose W Sneaker Femme B28156 Black
- Women's Nike Air Max 90 LX Dusty Peach Size 9 & 9.5 - 898512 201
- Adidas Originals Gazelle Ice Mint/White suede sneakers- Brand new Size 10
- Women Chunky Heels Patent Leather Ankle Boots Back Zip Shoes Zsell
- MEN'S SIZE 9 NIKE MANOADOME BOOTS SHOES SNEAKERS MAROON 844358 600
- New Men’s Sz 10 Nike Lunarfresh Sneakerboot Running Shoes 684724-800 Crimson
- Faux Suede Square Toe Slip On Rabbit Fur Bunkle Strap Winter Fashion Women shoes
- Via Spiga Women's Mirren Wedge Black Suede Booties 7 M
- new $1650 Giuseppe ZANOTTI black open-toe JEWELED HEEL ankle boots 37 7 - hot
- FITFLOP-NWOB-Size 37 ( US 6 M ) F-Pop Ballerina Ballet Black Mix Calf Hair
- Gentleman/Lady Propet Olivia - Brown - Womens Year-end special promotions Upper material Good quality
- Women's sz 7 Slim SAS San Antonio Shoes Classic Mocha Slip On Leather Shoes
- Pierre Hardy Blue/ Black Leather Pointed Flats,shoes Sz 39
- Salvatore Ferragamo 7 C Black Patent Leather Bow Flats Shoes NIB 1242-16-51018
- Salming Miles Women's Running Shoe - SS16-9 - Pink
- New Balance W890BK6 Women's 890v6 Conditioning Black Running Sneakers Shoes
- Nike WOMENS Air Max 97 UL '17 Vast Grey Blue Pink Women Running
- B.O.C Born Concept Womens clogs Black Size 6
- New DREW Orthopedic Shoes Women's Sedona Boot,Black 10125-12,size 7.5W
- GOSHA RUBCHINSKIY Men's Shoes 820825 Red 29ｃｍ
- Men Breathable Canvas Casual Slip On Loafers Flats
Nike Air Trainer Victor Cruz Black Summit White 777535 004 Msrp 0 EW
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Nike Lunar Converge Men's Running Shoes (“Intra-City Differences”).Men's SKICKS College Clemson Tigers Low Top Shoes Sneakers Athletic Casual New Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Nike Air Max 90 Mesh GS 833418 Sneakers Shoes 404, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Nike Air Max Zero Essential GS Running Trainers 881229 003 Sneakers Shoes
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a New Nike Shoes Zoom Without a Doubt, Mens, Basketball, Size 9. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Men Nike Zoom Clear Out TB Basketball Shoes Size 8.5 - 14 Black White 844372 002
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. DS Nike Zoom Penny VI Black/Silver Size 8
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. NIKE Tennis Classic CS Mens Sneaker White Leather 683613 104 NIB.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Nike Court Force Low Black/White Men's Tennis Size 9 New in Box 313561 019
Bernie nike sb mid mens size 9.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? RARE NIKE AIR ZOOM 81 KOBE MAMBA white black gold basketball 324918-101 SZ 10