The editorial board of the New York Post Christian Louboutin Tan Multi Decoltish 100 Liege Cork Pumps Size EU 35.5 (Approx. US 5.5) Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Christian Louboutin Degraspike 120 Platforms Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Christian Louboutin Black Decollete Pumps Size US 7.5 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Bottega Veneta Black Smooth Leather Riding Eu 39.5 Boots/Booties Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Christian Louboutin Black Fyalta Suede Chunky Heel Pumps Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Black Anjalina Suede Pumps Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B) Christian Louboutin npmcdl842-Pumps
- Nike Dunk Sky Hi VT QS Vachetta Leather/Yellow Women Size 11 Heels 611908-200
- Louboutin Louis Spikes Junior Leather & Denim Sneakers White Sz 40.5 ITA NIB
- Stuart Weitzman Black Suede Crystal/Onyx Jewel Detail Crepe Sole Womens 8M
- BUSCEMI | 100MM RED Leather Sneakers 46 13 NEW FW13 $890 BIRKIN First Release OG
- Bill Blass Leather Slip on Gray Loafers, Made in Italy, Mens Size 11
- Guess Men’s Toledo High Top Sneakers In Black Suede Shoes Size 11
- ADIDAS F10 TRX FG 36.5-38.5 NEW adizero predator copa mundial ace 15.1 f50
- HUSH PUPPIES FORMANT Solid Brown Leather Deck Style Shoes Moccasins Mens 10 M
- SeXy Ellie "EASY" 8.5 White Patent Knee High WOMENS BOOTS Zip Halloween Costume
- Women's 14th & Union Kimber Shoes Gray Suede Ankle Booties Size US 9 M
- CHARLES by Charles David Trudy Bootie (1534,1535,1536) Black Tortoise-Shell Heel
- Billabong Women's Take A Walk Boot Off Black Size 6.0
- THE NORTH FACE WOMEN WATERPROOF LEATHER BACK ZIP WINTER SZ 10 ANKLE BOOTS EUC!
- men's shoes INVICTA 10 () sneakers dark blue suede textile AB66-E
- Rockport Men's Aiden Panel Venetian Driving Moc Caramel Full Grain Leather
- FENDI NAPPA LEATHER SNEAKERS 9.5 RED / WHITE
- Reef HT Prints Men RG Charcoal / Blue Sky
- Men's/Women's Easy Spirit Women's Neota Oxford Charming design Clearance renewed on time
- Man's/Woman's Nike Air Safari 87 wholesale Low price Characteristics
- Men's Outdoor Casual Sport Non-slip Sneaker Climb Traveling Driving Shoes Sbox14
- Mens Pull On Winter Boot Gardening Outdoor Hot Rubber Rain Shoes Round Toe New
- Bostonian Men's Ensboro Step Slip-On Loafer, - Choose SZ/color
- Muck Boot Company Wellie Classic 10" Leather Brown Work Boots Size 8.5
- INTERCEPTOR CANTON TACTICAL HI TOP BOOT MENS SZ 8 BLACK LEATHER WATERPROOF EUC
- Men's/Women's Etnies Marana Vulc MT Green/White Packaging diversity First batch of customers Preferential price
- Christian Louboutin Black Carlota Leather Woven Detailed Accent. Platforms Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Black/Red Boots/Booties Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Cowboy Boots Bota Vaquera Aguila Real (Spcls) Piel Napa ID 91341 PW1 Blanco/Rojo
- Men’s Y3 Shoes - ( Size 9)
- ECCO Men's Collin Retro Fashion Sneaker, Moonless/Moonless, 45 EU/11-11.5 M US
- [BZ0641] NEW MEN'S ADIDAS ORIGINALS EQT SUPPORT ADV WINTER GREY WHITE
- Prada Beige Patent Leather Peep Toe Platform Sandals Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B)
- Nike KD VI 6 Texas Size 10.5 100% Authentic 599424-002
- Nike REVOLUTION 4 WIDE 4E Mens Black/White-Anthracite AA7402-001 Casual Shoes
- adidas Women’s Superstar Bold W Gymnastics Shoes 9 UK
- Women's Nike Air Huarache Run Ultra Running Shoes 819151-102
- **Vivo barefoot- Primus Lux Sneaker, Women's Size 39 (US 8.5) , Navy
- womens winter warm rhinestone ankle boots platform snow boots round toe shoes US
- Nike Dunk Low Pro SB (2007) Appetite for Destruction
- Nike Air Force 1 Premium Low Samurai DS Mens Sz 12 313641 262
- Mr/Ms Ahnu Womens Rain Boot- Pick SZ/Color. Consumer first real Easy life
- Imagine Vince Camuto Women's Genesa Ballet Flat - Choose SZ/color
- STUART WEITZMAN Womens 'Ofcourse' Black Suede Booties Sz 10 M NEW! 207893
- Dansko Black Leather Casual Slide Mule Walking Shoes Women's Size 38 / 7.5 - 8
- Women's ZEROGRAND Ballet Flat with Stitchlite Black Black Knit-Black W10850
- Nine West Women's XRYE Leather Ballet Flat - Choose SZ/Color
- Badgley Mischka Womens Trent Dress Sandal, Silver, 8 M US Sale NIB
- Tory Burch Red Careen Woven Leather Raffia Tassels Loafers 7.5 NIB Paid $325
- Brooks 1200331 Addiction White Leather 2-Strap Walking Sneaker Women's US 9B
- Nike ID Air Max 1 Women's Low Top Casual Trainers Shoes in White/Green
- Man/Woman REEBOK FLOATRIDE 6000 CN1760 WOMEN SHOES Excellent craft stable quality Modern and elegant
- SANITA Women's Woven Textile Danish Clogs Nurse Shoes Multicolor Sz US 10
- NEW BURBERRY CLASSIC CHECK NEON PINK TRAINERS SNEAKERS FLAT SHOES 39/US 9
- Clarks Unstructured Men's Un.Ravel Casual Oxford,Brown,8.5 M US
- Soludos Men's Mesh Tennis Sneaker Loafer, White, Size 8.0 ZoVs
Giuseppe Zanotti Black Gold Sneakers Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Salvatore Ferragamo Black New Vara Leather B Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).Charlotte Olympia Black Kitty Flats Size US 6 Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Jimmy Choo Beige Suede Dillan Criss Cross Block Heel Open Sandals Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Valentino Ivory Garavani Women's Patent Leather High Pumps Size US 10 Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Gianvito Rossi Green Gg6676.35leg Sandals Size US 9 Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Salvatore Ferragamo Black * Pointed Toe D'orsay Pumps Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Valentino Dark Gold Sandals Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Christian Louboutin Black Viennana Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Christian Louboutin Follies 100mm Aloha Multi Colored Pumps Size US 9 Narrow (Aa, N)
Bernie Christian Louboutin Black Leopard Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Christian Louboutin Flamingo Pigalle Pumps Size US 9.5