The editorial board of the New York Post Frye Black Boots/Booties Size US 11 Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Tory Burch Brown/Black Pumps Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Chloé Black Suede with Gold and Ankle Strap Pumps Size EU 40.5 (Approx. US 10.5) Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Jimmy Choo Blue Shoes-2904 Flats Size US 10 Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Giuseppe Zanotti Gunmetal Glitter Betty Platform Heels Sandals Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Salvatore Ferragamo Brown Loafers Flats US 7 Regular (M, B) Size Suede npwzng976-Flats
- Nike WMNS Air Max 90 [325213-047] Women Casual Shoes Black/White
- Hermes High-Top Sneakers Jimmy Ladies Punching Bp (92834
- Drew Tulip Diabetic Shoes Black Stretch- Leather SIZE 13M
- New! Valentino Garavani 'Soul AM' Low Top Shoes White Men 10 US 43 Eur MSRP $695
- 2018 Fashion Men's Sneakers Flats Casual Leisure Sport Runing Shoes
- Mens Flat Loafers Travel Driving Shoes Faux Suede Casual Slip-On Shoes Plus Size
- Tide board shoes students breathable sneakers men 's white leather shoes shoes
- Men's/Women's Lamo Men's Connor Loafer Chestnut Loafers Easy to clean surface Elegant style Great choice
- Parker and Sky black textile open toe glove boots sz 10 clear heel pull on
- Rampage Beezus Boots - Women's Size 8.5M, Black
- Women FAshion Hidden Wedge Heel PLatform Round Toe Korea Side Zipper New Boot
- New $398 Aerin Emmeline Merlot Leather Tumbled Sheepskin Ankle Boots Size 6.5
- BADGLEY MISCHKA Women's MARGARITA BLSSAT PEEP TOE Ankle Boots Booties Size 10
- Andrew Marc Men's Bergen Fashion Sneaker, Navy/Grey/White Text, 7.5 D US
- Alex D "Rockport" Low-Top Sneaker, Men's Casual Leather Shoes, Beige
- Hogan men's low top sneakers shoes in camouflage fabric Size US 7 -
- Teva Mens Size 15 () Black Three-Strap Sandals S/N 1001473
- Tory Burch Ambrose Skimmer Black Leather Buckle Emblem Ballet Flats 6 Used RARE*
- NEW Nike Vapor Keystone 2 Low Baseball Cleats 707442-010 Men's Size 10
- Mens Skechers Go Run 4 Shoes Quick Fit Size 13
- UNISEX WELLINGTON BOOTS (2 COLOURS) STYLE: BULLY
- Gentlemen/Ladies Born Brown Boots 8.5 NIB Every item described is available New in stock Human border
- Hanwag Bryce GTX Gore Tex Brown Leather Mid Top Hiking Boots / Men's 40 US 7.5
- Mens Tactical 5.11 Shoes Mens 12 Pursuit Chukka Boots Brown 511 Ortholite ABR
- Danner Lookout Side-Zip 8" Black Boots / Boot - 23824 Size 10
- Christian Louboutin Nude Pumps Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B)
- Valentino Brown Rockstud City Leather Buckle Ankle Block Heel Boots/Booties Size EU 41 (Approx. US 11) Regular (M, B)
- Gentlemen/Ladies Dunham Durgin MCR816RB Mid Cut Casual Big clearance sale Settlement Price Elegant and solemn
- TOTO A30572 - 2.4 Inches Elevator Height Increase White/Blue Classic Shoe
- NIB Peter Millar Summer Skyline Men's Sneakers Shoes In Sabbia Size 8 $268
- Man's/Woman's: Nike shocks men: boutique to pick you up
- Charlotte Olympia Metallic Two Tone Glitter Kiss Me Dolores Ankle Strap Pumps Platforms Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
- NIKE ROSHE RUN PRINT "TIGER CAMO" 655206 022 SIZE 11 BRAND NEW
- Nike Men's Kobe Mamba Instinct 852473-006 Black Red Basketball Shoes Size 15 NIB
- ADIDAS SPORTSCHUHE EQT EQUIPMENT SUPPORT SCHWARZ TÜRKIS GR.36-40,5
- Nike Air Force 1 Upstep 35 Glass Slipper 917589-500 Women's Size 8
- NWB ADIDAS WOMENS NEO CLOUDFOAM LITE RACER BLACK WHITE SLIP ON SHOES SIZE 7.5
- Fashion Womens Leather Flats Side Zip Round Toe Over The Knee Thigh Boots Shoes
- Nike Air Max 2016 Blue Lagoon/Black Size 11
- NEW Nike Romaleos 3 Men's Weightlifting Shoes White Black SZ 14 ( 852933-100 )
- Nine West Womens Xtravert Leather Fashion Boot- Pick SZ/Color.
- PATRIZIA Women's Party Style Boot Brown Multi Run B - Party-BRM-B - Size 36
- Diba True Women's Wind Rider Riding Boot Tan Leather Knee High Boots
- SANBianca Prints Women's Iris Sunrise Sidewalk Surfers Shoes Size 7 NEW
- Women's Hush Puppies Ravenna Coffee Bean (Brown) Leather Comfortable Casual Shoe
- Skechers BOBS Womens Bobs Phresh-Coolin Oxford- Select SZ/Color.
- New Embroidered Occident Women Lady Square Toe Casual Leather Shoes Fashion Chic
- NEW Alegria Leather Side Zip Ankle Boots - Hayden US 7 - 7.5 BEAUTY BLUR
- ECCO Womens Casual Hybrid Hydromax Aqautic Spikeless Golf Shoes Med (B,M)
- Nike Wmns Air Max 1 One GS 4.5us - 36.5eu White Blue Blanche Bleue Sneakers DS
- Bona Fide Asics Gel Nimbus 18 Womens Fit Running Shoes (B) (9038)
- Gentlemen/Ladies Dankso Tamara Clogs Size 42 Crazy price delicate German Outlets
- Men's/Women's Clarks Women's Latana Willow High quality and cheap Beautiful appearance British temperament
- Daniele Alessandrini Shoes Sneaker Sz. 42 Man Black F20063702-1 MAKE OFFER
- Penguin by Munsingwear Waylon Suede Tan Business Casual Dress Oxford Shoes Sz 8
John Galliano Sandals Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Dior Black Cannage Leather Round Toe Knee High Boots/Booties Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).Prada Black Patent Leather Slide Sandals Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Salvatore Ferragamo Black Patent Leather (Pricing Is Negotiable) Wedges Size US 9.5, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Tory Burch Black Suede Jenna Logo Buckle Strap Tall Knee High Riding Boots/Booties Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Christian Louboutin Gold Marlena Rock Pointy Toe Leather Heel Pumps Size US 10 Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Stella McCartney Black Mesh-panel Espadrilles Flats Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Christian Louboutin Black Toot Couverte Pumps Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Gianvito Rossi Black Laurel Suede Mesh Stiletto Sandal Pumps Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Christian Louboutin Black Rolando Leather 120 Pumps Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B)
Bernie Christian Louboutin Beige Classic Pigalle 100mm Calf Patent Leather Point-toe Pumps Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Christian Louboutin Black New Hot Spring 100 Pumps Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)