The editorial board of the New York Post NEW $275 Tory Burch loafer Fitz Suede Poppy Red Size 8 M.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
|Condition: || : |
An item that has been or previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes: ||“Look ! Excellent Condition” |
| Brand: ||Born|| Material: ||Suede|
| Style: ||Loafers & Moccasins|| Heel Height: ||Flat (0 to 1/2 in.)|
| US Shoe Size (Women's): ||8|| Color: ||Blue|
| Width: ||Medium (B, M)|| Fastening: ||Slip On|
| UPC: ||Does not apply|
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Ferragamo Women's Loafer, 7B, Brown, (FF030), Retail $595.00.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Man/Woman Vince Maxwell 2 Women's FLATS Dijon Easy to use Strong value cheaper and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously women's shoes LIU JO 9 () slip on multicolor canvas BT445-39. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Cole Haan Women's Cary Driver Moccasin Loafers Black Soft Leather Size 6 M. Continue reading
Born Womens Loafers Blue Suede Drivers 8/39 Moccasins Size npedvq1376-Flats
- Brooks Ravenna 8 Womens Running Runner Shoe (B) (073)
- NIB Christian Louboutin Frangine Fringe Yellow Suede Flat Hightop Sneaker 39.5
- Easy Street Women's Incredible Silver Satin/Metallic Comfort Shoes
- New Florsheim Curtis 6 D black (601)
- mens Johnston & Murphy leather loafer shoes Size 10 1/2 M
- British Retro High Top Mens Casual Canvas Sneakers Loafers Fashion Sports Shoes
- BUREI Mens Business Casual Dress Wrist Watch Black Dial with Roman Numeral Hand
- Born Men's Galen Moka Slip On Loafers Leather Suede Brown Sneaker Shoes Size 13
- Softspots Brown Leather Ankle Boot Women's Size 9 Wide Euc
- Indigo Rd. New Finn Brown Womens Shoes Size 6.5 M Boots MSRP $59
- Genuine Leather Ladies Flat Ankle Boots Light Tan 41 (10) with elastic
- Jessica Simpson Womens JS-WOVELLA Fabric Almond Toe, Black Velvet, Size 6.5 vRb9
- Calvin Klein New Carli Black Womens Shoes Size 5.5 M Boots MSRP $200
- Fred Perry Fashion Sneakers Kingston Twill Tipped Casual Canvas Shoes B3176 Mens
- JUMP NEWYORK Men’s LUXOR Round Toe Textile and Leather Metallic Spike Slip-On
- Men's/Women's Lacoste 733SPM1016_LT-SPIRIT flagship store Stylish and charming best seller
- Fila Flip Flops Sandals Gray White Black US Size 11 - FREE SHIPPING - BRAND NEW
- Rockport Women's Nahara H-Band Woven Sandals - Multiple Colors
- Brooks Dyad 8 Men's Size 8.5 Running Cross fit Shoes River Rock/Black/Nightlife
- Sketchers Men's Nuovo Cutback sport shoe, new in box. size 7.5
- Gentleman/Lady Danner Acadia 10 EE excellent quality New design General product
- BRAHMA CHALLENGER, MENS BROWN LEATHER INSULATED STEEL TOE WORK BOOTS, SIZE 7.5
- LaCrosse HIGHWALL 8" Safety Toe Met Guard 00552085 NEW Size 8.5 Wide
- Red Head Mens Brown Leather Lined Boots Sz 9.5M
- Skechers Work 77081 Surren Work Boots-Women's size 11 Brown
- Tamara Mellon Black Erotic Dream Suede Otk High Boots/Booties Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B)
- Balenciaga Blue Velvet with Block Heel Ankle Boots/Booties Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B)
- Mens Dexter Waterproof Leather Hiking Boots Work ShoeBlack size 8.5 SS-0110
- Puma Shoes Clyde Limestone Gray Dahlia Purple Sneakers 11 Mens Archive 181632 38
- NEW Nike Roshe LD 1000 Premium QS 842564-002 Mens Shoes Trainers Sneakers SALE
- Adidas Women’s Athletic Sneakers Questar Drive Running Shoes 100% Authentic
- Christian Louboutin Gold Very Prive Leather Heels Pumps Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Essentialist Casual Men's Shoes Size
- MENS NIKE FREE RN FLYKNIT RUNNING SHOES /SIZE 11/ BLACK-WHITE-VOLT-BLUE LAGOON
- New Adidas Original Womens Superstar Slip On S81337 BLACK US 5.0 - 9.0 TAKSE
- 2008 Womens Nike Musique III White Cheer Dance Fitness Shoes! Size 9
- Pre-owned Nike Air Max 90 Ultra Premium Retro Women's Running Shoes Size 10
- Womens Ladies Vogue Velvet Pearls Beads Hollow Block Heel Ankle Boots Shoes Y133
- NikeLab x Riccardo Tisci Air Zoom Legend SZ. 7 ~ Black & Light Graphite
- New Nike Air Jordan Ultra.Fly Men Sz 12 Basketball Shoes 834268 406 Ultra Fly
- Anne Klein Xhale Heeled Winter Boots, Black Multi, 6.5 US
- BareTraps Women's Bt Yulia Ankle Bootie, Dark Brown, 9 US/9 M US
- Man's/Woman's ECCO Women's Abelone Buckle Boot sell New style leading the fashion
- Women Shoes Slip On Round Toe Flats Flower Decor Leather Comfortable Soft Lit01
- JSport by Jambu Women's Bath Encore Flat Black 7.5 M US
- NEW SCHOLL ORTHAHEEL YALE WOMENS COMFORT SUPPORTIVE LEATHER MOCCASIN SHOES
- Mr/Ms Ladies Padders Ballerina Flats Faye Reliable quality Fine art Characteristics
- Schutz Women's Stacey Low Heel Dress Shoes Glitter Diva Studded Blue Sz 7 M
- Aerosoles Women's Race Track Fashion Sneaker - Choose SZ/Color
- Nike Air Force 1 '07 Seasonal Womens 818594-600 Dark Cayenne Low Shoes Size 6.5
- Nike W Air Force 1 Hi CMFT TC SP 921071-100 Ivory Black AF1 Womens Shoes s 10
- New Balance Women's WRL247HK Chocolate 11 B US
- Sanita Size 37 Signature Pink Pearl Metallic Patent Clogs Shoes Danish Women's 7
- New BALLY 'Norfolk' Mens Light Green Nubuck Cap-Toe Oxford Shoes Size 10.5 M
- K-Swiss Mens Belmont Plaid White Fashion Shoes Size 9 (340555)
5 DI FOFFO IMAN Tan Green Leather Designer COMFORT Open Toe Flat 7.5
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Joie Diya Sneakers Shell Size 37 (US 7) NEW $228 (“Intra-City Differences”).Dansko Women's Professional Oiled Leather Clog,Antique Brown,37 EU / US W 9 Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a DANSKO Women's Professional Leather Clog Shoe 38 US oil rubbed Navy EUC, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? NEW Nina Payne Marlowe Perforated Loafers Size 41 Art Deco Flats
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Cole Haan Womens Cary Venetian Moccasin- Choose SZ/Color.. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. New NATURAL SOUL by NATURALIZER Women Leather Flat Loafer Oxford Shoe Sz 7.5 M
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Hush Puppies Nineteen Fifty Eight Heirloom Blue Suede Shoes Size 7 or 7 ½ N
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Prada Asian-Look Kimono Fabric T-Strap Stilleto Sandals, Size 36.5 - 6.5 / 7.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
US$605 3.1 Phillip Lam Slip-On snake pattern leather Sneaker-EU37/US 7/AU 6/
Bernie $325 Tory Burch Womens Purple Leather/Suede 5 M.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Gentlemen/Ladies BASKET REQINS ELIA Best-selling worldwide Order welcome Quality and consumer first