The editorial board of the New York Post NEW LATTE WOMENS WOMEN'S BOAT HOBE LATTE.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
| Condition: |
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
| Model: ||Edina|
| Width: ||Medium (B, M)|| Country/Region of Manufacture: ||Germany|
| UK Shoe Size (Women's): ||UK 3.5|| Style: ||Loafers|
| Color: ||Brown|| Fastening: ||Slip On|
| Brand: ||Finn Comfort|| US Shoe Size (Women's): ||US 6|
| Toe Type: ||Round Toe|| Heel Height: ||Low (3/4 in. to 1 1/2 in.)|
| Heel Type: ||Wedge|| Material: ||Leather|
| UPC: ||888281220085|
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Dolce Vita Women's Pali Mule - Choose SZ/Color.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the NEW CLARKS WOMENS MARGOT FREE - WOMENS ORIGINALS SHOES - BRICK and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously FitFlop Women's F-Sporty Scoop-Cut Perf Sneakers - Leather Black 9. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Gentlemen/Ladies Fidji Women's V429 Slip-On Loafer Quality queen High quality and economy British temperament. Continue reading
NIB $220 Finn Comfort Edina Slip Loafer (US ) On 6 npwgci1509-Flats
- Nike Air Jordan 3 Retro GS Black 441140 045 Grade school 4-6.5 Shoes NEW
- Dan Post Boots Women's Jilted Over The Knee Boot DP3709 Brown Leather
- Fabulicious Women's Lovely 420 Black Satin/Clear Open Toe Shoes
- Gentlemen/Ladies Gustin CXL natural boat shoes 8.5M superior Preferred material Breathable shoes
- Halloween Hunters Bay Leather Mens Shoes 9 1/2 W Black Height Increase
- Faconnable Oxfords Brown Leather Cayenne Rubber Sole Italy Men's 47 US
- NEW GREEN MENS SUEDE CASUAL SLIP ON BOAT DECK LOAFERS CASUAL DRESS DRIVING SHOES
- Men/Women CLAE Jones Umber Leather Mens Shoes sell Reliable performance Highly appreciated and widely trusted in and out
- Montana West Embroidered Soft Shell Boots Womens Size 6 M 12” Fur Lined Western
- Woman's Sketcher black boots size 8 wedge heel barely worn great condition
- COUNTRY ROAD Leather Ankle Biker Boots sz 7 / 38 black suede sexy EUC! rrp$249
- Hush Puppies Womens Rustic West Leather Round Toe Ankle Cowboy Black Size 5.5
- Steve Madden Women's Hiking Boot, Black Leather, 9 M US New
- Clear Weather NEW IN BOX The One-O-One Leather MENS SNEAKER BEIGE
- Magnanni Rico Taupe Brown Grey Leather Sneakers - Mens 8.5
- Nike Blazer Low Supreme Pink Cannon 9.5us
- Dockers Sunland Slide Sandal - Men's Size 13M, Black
- Prada Womens Flats Size 7.5 White Open Weave Leather Woven Round Toe
- Brand New New Balance MR10YB2 Mens 7.5 D -- BRIGHT YELLOW
- MENS CIRCA LANCER SKATEBOARDING SHOES NIB BLACK INCA GOLD
- Northside Mens Black Snow Boots Size 12 (293429)
- Florsheim FE675 World Class Steel Toe Black Leather Work Boots Men 15 D
- Mr/Ms Caterpillar, 44100-709, Colorado, 6" Boot, Black Best-selling worldwide Quality and quantity guaranteed classic style
- Men Tactical Han Wild Breathable Leather Mesh Trail Hiking Boots! Size 9.5
- Nunn Bush Men’s Galloway Classic Chukka Boot - Choose SZ/Color
- Giuseppe Zanotti White Green New Sneakers Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B)
- Givenchy Blue Navy Marine Suede Shark Tooth Lock Wedge 36 Boots/Booties Size US 6 Regular (M, B)
- Distressed Durango Mens 10 M DB594 Brown Leather 12" Harness Motorcycle Boots
- PUMA Men's PODIO MID SF Fashion Sneaker Black 6 M US
- NIB Allen-Edmonds Interstate 80 Venetian slip-on Driver Silver Bit Loafer 10 D
- Adidas Women Running Shoes Galaxy 4 Training Fashion Fitness New Gym CP8840
- Christian Louboutin Ultra Rose Aketata Patent Ankle-wrap Red Sole Pumps Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Max Torch 4 Men's Running Shoe -
- NIKE SB STEFAN JANOSKI MAX L UK5 US5.5 EU38 BLACK WHITE SUEDE 685299 002
- Adidas Ultra boost uncaged womens trainers sneakers S80781 shoes SAMPLE
- NIKE Womens Nike Downshifter 7 852466-001 COOL GREY Size 10
- WOMENS NEW BALANCE CW 620 MY in colors PURPLE / YELLOW / PINK SIZE 8.5
- Nine West Women's Noney Pony Slip-ONS - Choose SZ/color
- Men's Nike Lunarglide 8 Running Shoes Black White Size 11 AA8676 001 NIB
- Nike Air Force 1 Hi CMFT TC SP Shoes Black White
- Skechers Performance Women's On-The-Go 400-Glacial Winter Boot
- HARLEY DAVIDSON WOMENS 2 BUCKLE/ZIP MOTORCYCLE BLACK LEATHER ANKLE BOOTS SZ 7
- Fashion Womens Pointy Toe Faux Patent Leather Casual Dress Flats Shoes 6 Colors
- SKECHERS 45993 OLIVE GREEN SUEDE MARY JANES CROSS STRAPS FLATS WOMENS SZ 6.5
- Me Too Women's Lilyana Ballet FlatBlack9.5 M US
- Easy Spirit Women's Devitt Oxford Flat - Choose SZ/Color
- Sam Edelman Satin Eye Shoes Purple Size 6 NWOT
- Cole Haan Women Women's Zerogrand Stitchlite Oxford W06723/Blk Knit/Lea Ivory M
- Nike Women's Classic Cortez Leather White Red Forrest Gump 807471-103 Size 11.5
- Asics GEL-DS Trainer 22 [T770N-4890] Women Training Shoes Blue Purple/Black
- New with Box Ash COOL Suede Canvas Wedge Sneakers Shoes, CHAMOIS, ~$198
- SAS Womens Tripad Comfort Slip On Shoes Moc Toe Suede Brown Horsebit 8.5 M S73
- Alegria Women's Dayna Professional Black Napa Leather Clog/Mule 36 US Women's...
- mens eastland saddleback sz. 9.5 new in box
- U.S. Polo Assn. Classic Men's USC50010 Silver-Tone Watch with Leather Band
DOLCE & GABBANA metallic pink and gold ballet flat size 38.5 us 8.5
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Vince Nikita Calf Hair Pointed Toe Black Leather Loafers Women's 7.5 (“Intra-City Differences”).Authentic JIMMY CHOO: Shiny Emerald Green, Leather & Logo, Ballet Flats Sz: 7M Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Burberry Heritage Shipley Scrunch House Check Ballet Flats Size 35.5, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? New Tory Burch Minnie Travel Ballet Flats With Printed Logo 7
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Christian Louboutin Black Leather Eloise Ballet Flat Size 40.5 10.5 Pointy $575. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. JIMMY CHOO Womens Dark Gray Patent Leather Flats Sz 40.5 NEW! 229880
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. $1050 Gravati Women Loafers Crocodile Embossed Leather Size 12 Blue/Gray
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. NIB PRADA Patent Leather Logo Smoking Slipper Flat Loafer Shoe BLUE Sz 6 - 36.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Marni RUNWAY Pine Green Sneaker/ Trainer Size 35
Bernie Alegria JUN-901 Womens Juneau ropean- Choose SZ/Color..
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? NEW REISS WOMENS STELLA SUEDE MULES BLACK