The editorial board of the New York Post Christian Louboutin Gold 38 Altareva160 Pumps Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Christian Louboutin Nude New Very Prive Patent Peep Toe Stiletto Pumps Size EU 35.5 (Approx. US 5.5) Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Christian Louboutin Nude Pigalle 85 Mm Pumps Size US 9 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Stuart Weitzman Highland Boots/Booties Size US 7.5. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Christian Louboutin Tan with Black Piping and Bow Leather Never Worn Medium Heel Comfortable Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Christian Louboutin Multicolor Python Pumps Size 7.5 Regular B) US (M, npmcdl1509-Pumps
- Nike Air Jordan 3 Retro GS Black 441140 045 Grade school 4-6.5 Shoes NEW
- Dan Post Boots Women's Jilted Over The Knee Boot DP3709 Brown Leather
- Fabulicious Women's Lovely 420 Black Satin/Clear Open Toe Shoes
- Gentlemen/Ladies Gustin CXL natural boat shoes 8.5M superior Preferred material Breathable shoes
- Halloween Hunters Bay Leather Mens Shoes 9 1/2 W Black Height Increase
- Faconnable Oxfords Brown Leather Cayenne Rubber Sole Italy Men's 47 US
- NEW GREEN MENS SUEDE CASUAL SLIP ON BOAT DECK LOAFERS CASUAL DRESS DRIVING SHOES
- Men/Women CLAE Jones Umber Leather Mens Shoes sell Reliable performance Highly appreciated and widely trusted in and out
- Montana West Embroidered Soft Shell Boots Womens Size 6 M 12” Fur Lined Western
- Woman's Sketcher black boots size 8 wedge heel barely worn great condition
- Catherine Malandrino 'Birdie' Wedge Suede Fur Lined Bootie Women's Size: 9
- Giani Bernini Womens Raiven Leather Closed Toe Knee High, Beige, Size 9.0 DJEE
- Rachel Roy 'Gillian' Bootie (Size 10 M)
- POLO FOOTWEAR JERMAIN BLACK SIZE 14 NUBUCK TRAINER ANB
- To Boot New York Mens Fields Oxford Designer Sneaker Shoe Nubuck 11.5 NEW IN BOX
- Rare! New Nike ROUBAIX V Sneakers Fashion Shoes Us Size 8.5
- NEW CLARKS CLOUDSTEPPERS BALTIC RAY SLIDE SANDALS MENS 11.5 GRAY FREE SHIP
- PRETTY BALLERINAS Chic Woven Bottega Leather Ballet Flats 41
- Adidas Gazelle Mens Blue Suede New in Box S76227
- Vibram Bikila LS - Men's 44 - M3581 Fivefingers Running Shoes
- Justin style 3133 black western cowboy mens 7B boots
- Tony Lama Black Smooth Ostrich Leather Cowboy Western Boots Men's size 10.5 D
- Man/Woman Nike Woodside ll High elegant Highly praised and appreciated by the consumer audience Full range of specifications
- Laredo Black Leather Kiltie Roper Cowboy Boots Men's 8.5D
- Peter Werth Hardy ankle boot size US 11//Eur 45 ,tobbaco colour
- Laurence Dacade Multicolor Patchwork Dyed Sheep Shearling (Italy) Fur Boots/Booties Size EU 38.5 (Approx. US 8.5) Regular (M, B)
- Givenchy Cream Boots/Booties Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)
- Dr Doc Martens Boots William Hogarth Mens Boots Size 11 Womens 12
- Clarks Desert London Men's Leather Crepe Bottom Derby Shoes Navy Blue 26118571
- Shoes Nike Flyknit Rosherun 677243 400 Moda Man Ultralight Sneakers Neon Purple
- Adidas Speed Trainer Black and white Men Size 9.5
- Valentino Black Garavani Patent Leather Sandals Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
- NIKE Air Force 1 MID 07 Men's Basketball/Casual Shoes Red 315123 607 Sz10-13 K
- Nike Zoom Victory Elite 2 Track Spikes Volt Pink Black Rio Size 8.5 (835998-999)
- Adidas I-5923 W Shoes Women's Originals Leisure Trainers White D97348
- Nike W Air Max Thea Ultra 844926-002 Grey/Copa/Blue Tint Mesh Women's Shoes
- A740 Nike Air Max 90 Ultra Essential 724981-403 Women's Size 7.5 NEW
- Dr. Scholl's Womens Casey Closed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots, Whiskey, Size 9.0 ZrAx
- NIKE SB ZOOM BLAZER MID SZ 10 SEQUOIA GREEN MEDIUM OLIVE GUM BROWN 864349 300
- Air Jordan 1 Guava Ice
- Womens Mid-Heels Platform Winter New High Top Occident Shoes Ankle Boots Bandag
- GRAY KNEE-HIGH BOOT BURNISHED,NEW, 70% OFF,BY MATISSE ,6.0,6.5,7.0,7.5,8.0,8.5,9
- ECCO Women's Women's Shape 65 Block Heel Dress San - Choose SZ/color
- Mr/Ms Soft Style Women's Faeth Flat Outstanding features Settlement Price A balance between toughness and hardness
- DANSKO Brown Leather Loafers Mary Janes Shoes Women's 41 10.5
- Clarks Women's Gracelin Art Mary Jane Flat
- Tommy Hilfiger Women's Folk Flat, Taupe, 6 M US
- Walking Cradles Women's Flynn Ballet Flat Navy Leather Flats
- NIB Nike Air Max Thea Bright Magenta Sneaker Shoe 599409-501 Womens Sz 7 - 9
- Nike Air Max 95 LX Luxe Gunsmoke Grey Suede Leather AA1103-003 Women Shoes
- Brooks Dyad 9 Womens Running Shoes (D) (008) + Free AUS Delivery!
- GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI WOMEN SHOES THE SIGNATURE LOGO SNEAKERS MADE IN ITALY RS7091
- Naturalizer Women's Carly Slip-On Deep Sapphire Leather Loafers
- Cole Haan Zeno US 10 M Black Leather Driving Loafers Casual Men's Slip On C02934
- RALPH LAUREN POLO 12 GREEN NUBUCK FULL STRAP DRIVING LOAFERS SHOES MOC TOE. N/R
Valentino Beige Ballerina #lw0s0376vjn Flats Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Christian Louboutin Light Pink Ograde Pumps Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).Christian Louboutin Gold Iriza 100 Black Glitter Snakeskin Heel Pumps Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Christian Louboutin Multi Color Mariniere Glitter Heels Sandals Pumps Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Christian Louboutin Pigalle Follies 100mm Wine Pumps Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Charlotte Olympia Black Cheeky Pumps Platforms Size US 8 Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Christian Louboutin Brown Doracora 100 Leopard Red Heart Heel 38.5 Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Jimmy Choo Purple Kathleen Platforms Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Charlotte Olympia Black Velvet Kitty Flats Size US 6 Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Christian Louboutin Brown 'tribuli' Sandal Wedges Size US 10 Regular (M, B)
Bernie Valentino White Garavani Rockstud Ballerina Flats Size US 8 Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Stuart Weitzman Buff Lowland Suede Over The Knee Boots/Booties Size US 11.5 Regular (M, B)