The editorial board of the New York Post Camper Wonder Womens Brown Leather Ankle Boots.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
| Condition: |
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
| Brand: ||Old West|
| Color: ||Tan Canyon Leather|| Style: ||836143_1836370|
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. MIU MIU Black Patent Leather High Heel Ankle Boots Pointed Toe Booties Sz US 6.5.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Via Spiga Prish Riding Boot Size 7 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Frye Carson Harness Leather Boots Cognac Size 6 M. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was New in Box Frye Jayden Button Tall Riding Boots - Leather Bordeaux Size 6 M. Continue reading
Old West Women's 14 Inch Snip Toe Fashion Cowboy Boot Tan Canyon Leather Wear npkzoh1642-Boots
- J. Renee Women's Bambalina Low Block Heel Pump Gold Fabric Slip-on Shoes
- F.Lligiacometti Fg381 Gurkha Sandals 36Blk Leather Shoes (41983
- ECCO Women's Women's Sense Sport Fashion Sneaker
- Converse Pro Leather 76 Mid White/White/White Mens 10 Womens 11.5 155335C
- Kickers Leather Burnished Toe and Heel Casual Oxfords Dark Gray Sz 10.5-M
- Fashion Mens Closed Toe Beach Sandals Beach Slippers Sports Vintage Shoes Sz
- New Mens England Suede Slippers Flats Bowtie Loafers Slip on Belgian Dress Shoes
- Mens Fashion Slip On Spike Rivets Punk Flat Heel Shoes Espadrilles Sequins US Sz
- Sergio Tomani Womans Grey Leather Boots 36 / US 6
- White Mountain Garnet brown smooth heel boot size 9
- Womens Ladies Thigh High Over The Knee Studded Flat Pull On Stretchy Boots Size
- Keen Womens Kaci Winter Mid Insulated Waterproof Snow Boots Shoes Size 10.5
- Merrell Albany Sky Women's Waterproof Zip Outdoor Boots Rain Grey Size 5.5 US
- Converse X John Varvatos Deck Star '67 Slip Dark Blue/Off White Shoe 151274C
- 6961 Ariat Square Toe Safety Toe Work Boot
- Emporio Armani Shoes Sneaker Sz. 43 Man Blue X4X215XL198-E475 MAKE OFFER
- Skechers 65093 USA Mens Pelem Emiro Flat Sandal- Choose SZ/Color.
- Hush Puppies Women's Basel Audra Slip-On Loafer,, Charcoal Grey, Size 5.5
- adidas ff tableiro - Black - Mens
- CONVERSE ALL STAR CHUCK TAYLOR OX 155574F SHIELD SHARKSKIN CANVAS MEN 7.5
- Winchester Series, 10", 400gm / 200gm, Camo, Snow Boots, Size 12M, Rubber Sole
- MENS BASE WAXY BLACK LEATHER PULL ON ANKLE BOOT STYLE - SAFFRON
- BOTA TROMPA DE PUERCO EL GENERAL 2023 PIEL WAXY NEGRO ID 471
- Danner Temperate 26025 Gore Tex USMC Marine Corp combat boots mens 6 D
- Cole Haan Men dress boots brown size 8 trendy Excellent condition wow
- Givenchy Pink Light Fur Logo Black Flat Slide Sandals Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Black Silver Leather Studded Marisa Platform Boots/Booties Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B)
- DURANGO Men's Brown Leather Western Boots Size 8.5D
- HEY DUDE MENS WALLY KNIT BEIGE SIZE 13
- CAMPER MAN CASUAL FREE TIME SNEAKER SHOES LEATHER CODE 18942-001
- Adidas CrazyTrain Boost mens CrossTrainers (RRP:125)
- Valentino Black Rockstud Rolling Slingback Pumps Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B)
- Nike SB Koston Hypervulc Men Black Gunsmoke Vast Grey White Sneakers 844447-006
- NIKE DUNK HIGH PREMIUM "SAFARI" 306968-201 sable Size 8
- Adidas Powerlift 3 BY8890 BLUE Womens Size 5
- New New Nike City Loop Floral Sneakers (US Size 6)
- NIKE WOMENS SF AF1 Mid Special Field Orange Quartz Pale/Grey Size 7.5 AA3966-800
- Women's Fashion Over Knee Boots Faux Suede Pointy Toe Thigh High Boots
- Nike Roshe Run Santa Monica Sunset Size 8.5
- NIKE AIR MAX 90 LUNAR HYPERFUSE ID ROYAL BLUE/SOLAR RED-WHITE 12.5 [822562-991]
- SoftWalk Women's Rocklin Boot Cognac Waxy 12 M ~ New In Box!!
- Icebug Women's Daphne-l, Black, 10.5 M US
- Flower Decor Womens Leather Slip On Flat Breathable Soft Sole Slip On Chic Shoes
- Korean Canvas Womens Breathable Wedge heels Casual Sprot Shoes Walking Slip On
- TOD'S Womens Gommini Cassetta Black Patent Leather Driving Loafer US 6 36 Italy
- Sperry Top-sider Womens Grey/Beige Leather Loafers Size 9
- Donald J Pliner Size 6 M Adore Black White Flats New Womens Shoes NWOB
- Bogs Ladies' Classic Triangles Tall Insulated Boots
- ASICS Women's Gel-DS Trainer 22, Aquarium/Aqua Splash/Flash Coral, 6.5 M US
- Propet Women's Cameo Slip On Shoe Grey/Pewter Full Grain Sheep Leather
- NIB*Fila Disruptor II Premium Metallic Sneaker*Rose Gold*Size 6-10
- PUMA IGNITE V2 WN'S-W Womens Ignite Wns Running Shoe, Black White, 8.5 M US
- Abeo Women's Clogs Femi Black Size 9 Neutral ( 1566 )
- Donald J. Pilner Mens Horsebit Loafer Shoes Sz 8M Veeda Violet Suede Driving Moc
- Men's Clogs, Sanita made in Denmark, size or US 8, used twice only
Women's S.O. ASOL Brown/Blue Moccasins Flats Slip On Slippers Loafers Shoes New
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)ECCO Women's Cool Athletic Walking - Choose SZ/color (“Intra-City Differences”).Ted Baker Women's Kapaar Pump - Choose SZ/color Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a FRYE Melissa Hobo Smooth Full Grain Black, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? See By Chloe Raven-2 Womens Boot /- Choose SZ/Color.
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a $750 Ralph Lauren Purple Label Collection Womens Tasella Brown Suede Ankle Boot. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. LUCCHESE Black Leather University Of Oklahoma Cowgirl Boot Women Size 9.5
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Pajar Juliana Women's Boots 2019 New Black 41 US
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. L2552-1-RR OLD GRINGO BARBITAS 7" BROWN FRINGED ANKLE BOOTS.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
FEIT Leather Boots SIZE 35 Run Large Fit Like 36 women's hand made good year
Bernie Aquatalia Regan Waterproof Suede High Heel Boots Black Size 9.5 B.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? FRYE PHILLIP HARNESS BROWN LEATHER BOOTS SHOES 9 $348