The editorial board of the New York Post Nike Metcon Repper DSX College (Arizona) Wild Cats 921215-600 Men's Shoes Sz 14.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. 2006 Nike Dunk Low Pro SB BIC MAIZE YELLOW WHITE BLACK GREY 304292-701 Sz 12.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Nike iD Air Force 1 Low Solar Red/White Men's Size 12.5 Mid High 808791 991 New and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously NIKE AIR MAX TR1 180 OREO [723973 016] NO VAPOR FREE ZERO 270 BURST Sz 12. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Nike Lebron X NSW Lifestyle Dark Green Brown Basketball Sneakers Shoes Mens 8. Continue reading
Air Jordan Retro High Retro OG Letterman Size 13 New! DS. 1 Nike npyxrv1909-Athletic Shoes
- OluKai Women's Ola Flip Flop Black Leather Thong Sandals
- WMNS AIR JORDAN 13 RETRO AQ1757-004 MOON PARTICLE PHANTOM DS SIZE: 7
- NURSE MATES BRYAR WOMEN'S US SIZE 8 M LEATHER CLOGS SLIP RESISTANT
- Skechers Harsen - Acton Black Blk Mens Sneaker Oxford Size 11.5M
- Fashion Men's Stripes Driving Loafers Slip On Breathable Checks Canvas Shoes New
- Lugz Men's Clipper Fashion Sneaker - Choose SZ/Color
- Converse CT HI Leather Chinese New Year of the Goat Sneakers Black/Gold 148006C
- STICO Mens GRAY Non-Slip Safety Chef Kitchen Toe-Cap Shoes EVA KOREA_EN
- Women’s Boots Size 9.5 M Heeled Booties Brown Leather Ann Taylor LOFT
- Call It Spring Womens ROSEMAN-44 Closed Toe Over Knee Black Nubuck Size 8.5 6p
- Evans Essence UK Brown Leather Cuffed Wide Calf Boots 4US EUC
- Giani Bernini Cagney Tall Riding Boots Size 5 Wide Calf Army Green Suede
- MARCO TOZZI Boots, Black, Padded, RV 55623 New SP
- ZARA MAN EMBOSSED LEATHER DRIVING SHOES BEIGE 39-47 REF.2613/302
- HUGO BOSS GREEN - City Expedition Trainers In White
- Invicta Womens Angel Quartz Stainless Steel Casual Watch, Color:Rose Gold-Toned
- Faranzi Men's Cognac Leather Push Toe Flip Flops FR81492
- Skechers Womens Double Up Fairy Memory Foam Casual Shoes
- New Balance Mens XLT Size 9.5D Gray Blue Navy Running 540 V2 Tennis Shoes VGUC
- ADIDAS Resonse Boost Tech Fit Men's Running Athletic Shoes Sz 12 Black (F9)
- fashion mens ankle boots leather chukka desert work warm winter black shoes G497
- Men Metal Decor Pointy Toe Zip Leather Dress Formal Party Chelsea Ankle Boots US
- Rockport Mens Hiking Boots Size 10 (E, W) (41660)
- US12 Fashion Leather High Top Warm Winter Boots Furry Lined Men Casual Shoes
- John Deere Toddler Girls' and Pull-On Boot - Round Toe - JD1021
- Valentino Psychedelic Canvas' Espadrille Flats Size US 6
- ALAÏA Platform Suede Boots/Booties Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
- Bally Men's Black Leather Rudy Ankle Dress Boots Size 13 B / 12 EU
- Dockers Men's Trustee Oxford - Choose SZ/Color
- VTG DISTRESSED BOSTONIAN IMPRESSION USA VINTAGE BROWN LEATHER LOAFERS 10.5 B/AA
- Men's/Women's: Adidas AC7581 Men's Sneakers: Good goods
- Charlotte Olympia Black Velvet Cat-face Pumps Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Zoom Kobe Green Orange Supreme Elite 10 X V i VII iii iv
- NIB MENS SIZE 9 NIKE FREE TRAINER V7 SNEAKERS BLACK 898053-003
- BZ0631 Adidas Women Tubular Dawn W black utility black crystal white
- Nike Air Force 1 Mid Mushroom Light Brown Tan Womens GS Size 6.5Y / 8 Womens
- Rykä Women's Running Shoe Size 6M Pria Blue Purple tennis athletic
- Man's/Woman's CATERPILLAR WOMENS PIXLEY BOOT #P309119 Customer first Year-end sale Preferred boutique
- Nike Flyknit Racer Neo Turquoise, Sz 13, New in Box, [526628-404]
- NEW GENUINE Nike Men's Size 11.5 AIR MAX 90 ULTRA ESSENTIAL Red Shoes 819474-602
- Harley-Davidson Women's Sadie Boot, Black, Size 9M, New in Box
- Gentlemen/Ladies Laura Biagiotti - 5045 Easy to use Win highly appreciated Don't worry when shopping
- Burberry Verymer Light oak brown boots women's size 9.5 m euro 39.5
- Hot Fashion Women‘s Buckle Ankle Strap Pointy Toe Flat Shoes Sandals Plus Size
- Skechers Women's BOBS Plush Cats Rule Alpargata Light Pink Flats
- Dansko Leather Mary Janes Deidra Knot Brown Cognac Hook Loop Size 40 9.5-10 NIB
- NEW KLOGS AUSTIN 2 TONE BROWN LEATHER EMBROIDERED CLOGS WOMEN USA SIZE 8 W
- JIMMY CHOO $725 GOLD GLITTER SPARKLE BALLET FLATS (6.5/36.5)
- PUMA Women's Basket Platform Iridescent Field Hockey Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- WOMENS ASICS GEL SONOMA 2 LADIES RUNNING/SNEAKERS/FITNESS/TRAINING/RUNNERS SHOES
- Women's Nike Air Max 97 Ultra '17 SI Shoes -Size 7 -AO2326 600
- Stuart Weitzman Brown Platform Walker Wedge Loafers Size 9
- Alegria Womens Slip Resistant Work Shoe- Pick SZ/Color.
- Converse Chuck Taylor Studded Hi John Varvatos 136693C Shoes Medium (D, M) Men
- Men Comfort Loafer Gommino Vogue Woven Chinese Oxfords Breathable Creepers Shoes
Nike Scarpe Sneakers Trainers Sportive Scarponcino Manoa Nero
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)MEN’S NIKE AIR KOBE BRYANT A.D. PORT WINE MAMBA size 11 PURPLE (922482 602) (“Intra-City Differences”).Nike 344344-311 Blazer High Pine Green Suede (VNTG) Size 7 Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Nike Kobe XI 11 Low "3D" Cool Grey Crimson Chlorine Blue 836183-084 Size 8, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Nike Kobe 11 XI Low 3D Basketball Shoes NEW MENS Size 10
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a NIKE AIR HUARACHE DRIFT SHOES MENS PREMIUM SNEAKERS - SCREAM GREEN. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. 2010 Nike Air Structure Triax 91 RARE OG colorway/size 11.5/Excellent condition!
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. lebron zoom soldier 2 size 14
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. NIKE SB STEFAN JANOSKI MAX OBSIDIAN BLUE BLACK PURE PLATINUM 631303 404 SZ 11.5.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
New Men's Nike Free Train Instinct 833274 010 Black/White-Dark Grey
Bernie NIKE INTERNATIONALIST MID QS 696424-600 RED CLAY BLACK SIZE: 8.5.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? NIKE DUNK LOW NKE 314142 401