The editorial board of the New York Post Nike Benassi Duo Ultra Slide Womens Style : 819717 WHITE Size 8.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. NIKE WOMENS AIR HUARACHE RUN AA0524-400 DIFFUSED NAVY SKY BLUE RETRO GIRLS NEW.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Nike Women's LunarGlide 9 Shoes NEW AUTHENTIC Black/White-Dark Grey 904716-001 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously NIKE WOMENS HUARACHE RUN 634835-108 WHITE ON WHITE RETRO OG GIRLS NEW BOOTS AIR. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Nike Womens Air Presto Black/White 846290-011. Continue reading
WOMENS NIKE AIR THEA ULTRA RUNNING SHOES SIZE 8 881175 500 PURPLE & WHITE FK MAX npaoll1909-Athletic Shoes
- OluKai Women's Ola Flip Flop Black Leather Thong Sandals
- WMNS AIR JORDAN 13 RETRO AQ1757-004 MOON PARTICLE PHANTOM DS SIZE: 7
- NURSE MATES BRYAR WOMEN'S US SIZE 8 M LEATHER CLOGS SLIP RESISTANT
- Skechers Harsen - Acton Black Blk Mens Sneaker Oxford Size 11.5M
- Fashion Men's Stripes Driving Loafers Slip On Breathable Checks Canvas Shoes New
- Lugz Men's Clipper Fashion Sneaker - Choose SZ/Color
- Converse CT HI Leather Chinese New Year of the Goat Sneakers Black/Gold 148006C
- STICO Mens GRAY Non-Slip Safety Chef Kitchen Toe-Cap Shoes EVA KOREA_EN
- Women’s Boots Size 9.5 M Heeled Booties Brown Leather Ann Taylor LOFT
- Call It Spring Womens ROSEMAN-44 Closed Toe Over Knee Black Nubuck Size 8.5 6p
- White Mountain Dia' Women's Boot Black Size 10.0 vnrP
- Mr/Ms Kensie Ginette Women's Grey Boot 7M Reasonable price a variety of Recommended today
- Justin 6.5M Black Lizard and Leather Dress Boots Only Woren Twice Excellent Cond
- NIKE BRUIN SB PREMIUM MENS CASUAL/SKATE/STREET/SPORTS SHOES/SNEAKERS/TRAINERS
- PIERRE HARDY MEN'S 'CUBE' PRINT HIGH TOP SNEAKERS, 44, $1195
- NEUF Clark hommes Darby désert marron foncé chaussure habillée g
- 2018 Mens stylish Roma Gladiator Beach summer slipper Casual shoes thong mules
- Naturalizer Women's Natasha Penny Loafer Black Leather
- Nike Air Max Mens Sz 10.5 Shoes Black White Blue Rare Vintage 537384-115
- Nike Max Air Men's Shoes - Size 11
- Northwest Territory Kline 3 Mens Insulated Thermolite Winter Boots Brown Size 8M
- BELLEVILLE 300 TST TROP ST HOT WEATHER BLACK STEEL TOE BOOTS USA MADE Sz 13W
- 7 For All Mankind Mens Cruz Brown Casual Boots Shoes Size US 10.5
- Gentleman/Lady Dakota Men's Black Work Boot 12M Economical and practical online shop List of explosions
- Base London Mens Black Leather Ankle Boots Size
- Christian Louboutin Floral Unknown Platforms Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Valentino Black Rockstud Studded Ankle Boots/Booties Size EU 35 (Approx. US 5) Regular (M, B)
- WESTERN / WORK Black Leather Western Boots Men's Size 9 D
- NIKE Men's Shoes 857574 White 27ｃｍ
- 2018 Chic Breathable Mens Genuine Leather Slip On Loafers Moccasin Driving Shoes
- PUMA Women's Tazon 6 WN's Fm Cross-Trainer Shoe Black / Gold Sz. 7.5 Running New
- Christian Louboutin Blue and White Wedges Size US 6 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Force 1 Jamaica Drums Edition White/Red
- Nike Air Force 1 '07 Arctic Orange/Arctic Orange 315122801 Men's SZ 7
- Adidas Ultra Boost X - White, US8, BB0879
- Womens NIKE AIR ZOOM STRONG Purple Running Trainers 843975 500
- Skechers 23033 Sport Womens Breathe Easy Golden Fashion Sneaker
- Women Zip Sexy Transparent Wedge High Heel Pointy Toe Ankle Boots Shoes Leather
- Nike LeBron Soldier 11 XI Basketball Shoes Black White Royal 897644-005 Size 11
- Nike Lebron James Soldier X size 11
- Women Ankle Boots High Heel European Pointy Toe Party Clubwear Stiletto Shoes Cz
- Chooka Women's Wide Calf Memory Foam Rain Boot, Mulberry, 8 M US
- Man's/Woman's KEEN Women's Elsa Waterproof Winter Boot Quality queen Upper material Outstanding function
- Sweet Women Round Toe Faux Leather Slip on Spiice Brogue Moccasins Bowknot Shoes
- Man's/Woman's Easy Street Women's Effie Flat Clearance price Preferred material Elegant and robust menu
- Gentleman/Lady Ladies Rieker Slip On Shoes 41385 Rich design Clearance Current shape
- Frye Womens New Black Suede Slip-On Sneakers- Retired Style W/Tassels - 8.5M
- Rockport Women's Total Motion Crescent Ballet Flat - Choose SZ/Color
- Nike Zoom Strike Women's White/Wolf Grey J0188100
- Sample Adidas Originals Women's Ultraboost X All Terrain in BY8924 sz 7 PK Blue
- Saucony Women's Ride 10 GTX Running Shoe Grey/Blue/Pink Running Sneakers
- Dansko Debra Grey Black Houndstooth Suede Leather Shoes US 8.5 Loafer
- women's shoes MBT 5 / 5,5 () sneakers Purple leather performance BX891-36
- SPERRY TOP SIDER MENS BOAT SHOES A/O 2-EYE SAHARA SIZE 10.5
- ROCKPORT APM 13035 MENS LOAFERS 12 M BROWN LEATHER SLIP ON CASUAL SHOES
Nike Air Max 93 iD Air Max Day 3.26 Shoes AR5337 991 Women Sz 8.5 Men Sz 7
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Nike Metcon 4 Cross Training Shoes Rose Opal White 924593-600 Women's NEW (“Intra-City Differences”).NEW WOMENS NIKE AIR FORCE 1 HI LX LTHR JUST DO IT TOTAL ORANGE Sz 11 BQ7925 800 Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Nike Air Force 1 '07 Premium Grey NEW Women's Shoes - Size 8.5 - NWOB 616725-008, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Women's Nike SF AF1 Special Field Air Force 1 High Light Bone 2017 sz 9
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a 7.5 WOMENS NIKE Air Max 90 GREEN 97 black VOLT WHITE RUNNING CASUAL 6Y. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Nike Air Max 1 Premium Women's Shoes Obsidian/Obsidian/Pale Grey 454746-403
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Nike Women Roshe Two Flyknit V2 Athletic Running Shoes Variety Colors&Sizes
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. NIKE WOMENS AIR MAX 1 PREMIUM BLACK METALLIC HEMATITE 454746 005 SZ 6.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
NIKE WMNS SF AF1 MID AA3966-003 BLACK HAZEL DS SZ 7.5 Msrp $160 K BOX NO LID!!!
Bernie Nike Presto Fly Oatmeal 910569 100 Women.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? NIB NIKE LUNARTEMPO WOMEN'S SHOE'S 10 ROYAL BLUE~AWESOME SHOE'S MSRP $110