The editorial board of the New York Post Christian Louboutin Nude New Very Prive 120 Patent Leather Peep Toe 37 Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Valentino Camel Rolling Rockstud Sandals Size US 10.5 Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Valentino Black and Beige Style Code: 0400086947099 - Saks Fifth Avenue Pumps Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Valentino Nude Classic Rockstud Court Patent Leather 100mm Embellished Point-toe Pumps Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Christian Louboutin White/Multi Naseeba 120 Leather Fabric Rainbow Ankle Strap Sandals Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Christian Louboutin Brown/ Copper Wedges Size 9 Regular B) US (M, npwzng2042-Wedges
- Merrell Women's All Out Charge Trail Running ShoeBlack/Geranium8 M US
- ADIDAS NMD RUNNER R1 PRIMEKNIT SHOCK PINK UK SIZES 4, 5, 6 & 7, BRAND NEW BB2363
- Dansko black clogs sz 39 nurse comfort shoes
- Skechers for Work Mens Rockland-Hooper Boot size 11.5 black
- FitFlop Flex Loafer Tan Khaki Suede Leather Slip On Casual Shoes Men's Size 11
- Howling Wolf Ayers Rock Grey Men's Casual Shoes AYERSROCK-006
- Men's Sperry Top-Sider Original Shoes Sahara Leather All Size NIB
- SkidBuster Men's Non-Slip Slip-On Leather Work Shoes - S5072
- Gentlemen/Ladies Kimchi Blue Boots Size 7.5 High grade Low price Recommended today
- Josef Seibel Leather Harness Comfort Heeled Booties Size 41
- Crown Vintage Womens tami Leather Closed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots
- Man's/Woman's N.Y.L.A. Women's Amanjot Winter Boot Packaging diversity delicate Direct business
- Tommy Hilfiger Womens Tucker Leather Closed Toe Ankle Combat Black Size 5.5
- men's shoes FDF SHOES 10 () elegant yellow suede BZ381-E
- Allen Edmonds Lombard Chestnut Wing Tip Shoe 10.5 D
- Reebok Workout Plus Leather Black Carbon Gum Men Shoes Sneakers Trainers CN2127
- Adidas Adilette Slide 288022 Navy / White US Size 12 - FREE SHIPPING - BRAND NEW
- Dune Black Suede Embellished Bling Jewels Flats Size 39
- Adidas Neo Label Red Canvas Sneakers Shoes Low Top Men's 12
- Saucony Uplift HJ 2 Track Cleat - Men's Size 9.5 Orange/Green
- VTG MENS LEVIS COWBOY LEATHER GREENISH BOOTS SIZE 9 M
- J.CREW men leather brown boots size 10 pre-owned
- INVADER 20 Eyelets Military Steel Toe Cap Boots, SIZE US 9,
- MEN’S SIZE 12D BROWN LEATHER POLO BY RALPH LAUREN DOVER II BOOTS
- Khombu Summit Men's Boots 1127721 Size 9
- Christian Louboutin Black Otrot 120 Mm Leather Fringe D'orsay Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Nude Lady Peep Sling 150 Beige Patent Slingback Peep Platform Heel Pumps Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)
- Mark Nason Weldon Boots - Men's Size 11.5, Black
- Skechers USA Men's Larson Nerick Oxford - Choose SZ/Color
- Donald J Pliner Men's VINCO5 Driving Style Loafer - Choose SZ/Color
- PUMA Women's Platform EP Slides
- Christian Louboutin Black/Canvas Resort Platform Wedges Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)
- Nike Men's Kyrie 1 Letterman 705277-737 Yellow Teal Green US Size 8.5
- nike lunarglide 8 womens running trainers 843726 603 sneakers SAMPLE
- adidas AX2 Mid Goretex Womens Hiking Shoe 12 Carbon-Black-Bahia Pink Size 12
- Nike Air Max Thea Premium Women's Sneaker Trainer Black 616723 017 Sz 11 Running
- Wmns Nike Dualtone Racer Light Bone Grey Women Running Shoes Sneakers 917682-004
- Skechers Women's Cleo-Sherlock-Engineered Knit Loa - Choose SZ/color
- Nike Air Safari SE Sz.12 AO3298 001
- NIKE COURT BOROUGH MID PREMIUM MEN SHOES MUSHROOM 844884-201 SIZE 11 NEW
- womens grace square toe buckle ankle boots slim mid heel leather party shoes new
- Womens Over Knee Thigh Boots High Heels Stilettos Sexy Platform Shoes Red Casual
- NEW Women Casual Patent Leather Ballet Flat Shoes Size 6 - 10, (Red Color)
- Chic Womens Ladies Pointy Toe Embrodiery Suede Flats Slippers Shoes Mules Size #
- Via Spiga Square Toe Flats Leather Women's Size 10 M Orange Multi Colored
- U33 Tory Burch Minnie Tan Leather Ballet Flats Women's Sz 10.5 M
- Klogs Women's Portland Clog: Black/KPR 8.5 Medium C Slip-on
- Womens PAUL GREEN black leather ballet flats sz. 5 NEW!
- New Balance Women's WX623WS3 Casual Comfort Training Shoe - WHITE 7.5 WIDE
- Adidas Originals Swift Run Women's Shoes Grey/Ice Pink CG4140 Nov
- NIKE Air Max 95 SE Premium Nocturne sneakers size US 8
- Nurse Mates Rainbow Snake Rene Nursing Shoe Size 7.5 M
- Men's/Women's NIKE Women's Air Max 90 Economical and practical Fast delivery various kinds
- Nike Lunar Force 1 DuckBoot Men's Black/Metallic Silver/Anthracite 805899-003
- ECCO Men's SEAWALKER Leather Casual Walking Shoes US 9/9.5 Brown
Betsey Johnson Rose Gold Blue By Sparkle T-strap Pumps Size US 8.5
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Christian Louboutin Nude Rolando Pumps Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).Aquazzura Multi Black Tropicana Tassel 105mm Sandal Pumps Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Christian Louboutin Latte Pigalle Follies 100 Calf Caviar Cerise Pumps Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Prada Black New Leather Combat 37 Boots/Booties Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Jimmy Choo Mink (Taupe) Blyss Biker Boots/Booties Size US 10 Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Stuart Weitzman Black 50/50 Boots/Booties Size US 10 Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Balenciaga Black & Silver Speed Logo-print Metallic Stretch-knit High-top Sneakers It37 Sneakers Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Valentino Black Rockstud City Suede Studded Ankle Heel Boots/Booties Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Givenchy Olive Green Suede Shark Lock Ankle Boots/Booties Size US 8 Narrow (Aa, N)
Bernie Prada Black New Leather Combat 34.5 Boots/Booties Size US 4.5 Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Valentino Black Rockstud Studwrap Ankle Boots/Booties Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B)