The editorial board of the New York Post Christian Louboutin Pink Pigalle Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Lanvin Black Hidden Wedge Knee Boots/Booties Size US 8 Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Christian Louboutin Black Classic Tsarou 100mm Fringe Pom Pom Suede Leather Point-toe Pumps Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Christian Louboutin Black Patent Leather 'altadama' Peep-toe Platform Pumps Size US 5. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Christian Louboutin Black D Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Size US 6.5 Valentino Sandals npmcdl2042-Sandals
- Merrell Women's All Out Charge Trail Running ShoeBlack/Geranium8 M US
- ADIDAS NMD RUNNER R1 PRIMEKNIT SHOCK PINK UK SIZES 4, 5, 6 & 7, BRAND NEW BB2363
- Dansko black clogs sz 39 nurse comfort shoes
- Skechers for Work Mens Rockland-Hooper Boot size 11.5 black
- FitFlop Flex Loafer Tan Khaki Suede Leather Slip On Casual Shoes Men's Size 11
- Howling Wolf Ayers Rock Grey Men's Casual Shoes AYERSROCK-006
- Men's Sperry Top-Sider Original Shoes Sahara Leather All Size NIB
- SkidBuster Men's Non-Slip Slip-On Leather Work Shoes - S5072
- Gentlemen/Ladies Kimchi Blue Boots Size 7.5 High grade Low price Recommended today
- Josef Seibel Leather Harness Comfort Heeled Booties Size 41
- Call It Spring Womens Metaponto Peep Toe Ankle Fashion Boots Bone Size 10.0 kt
- Madden Girl Sleet Women's Cognac Fringe Wedge Boots Various Sizes NEW!
- Cole Haan Grand O S Womens Black Leather Ankle Zip Boots Size 9 B Worn Once EEUC
- New Nike Air Max Sq Uptempo Zm Mens Basketball Boots
- DSQUARED2 Men’s Red Patent Leather Penny Loafers Shoes Italy - Size US 8/
- $898 JOHN VARVATOS COLLECTION MENS BRN FLEETWOOD BUTTON BOOTS SZ 9 MADE IN ITALY
- Sanuk Mens Beer Cozy 2 Mesh Sandal Grey/Bay Blue 12- Pick SZ/Color.
- Merrell Black Leather Water Resistant Emma Slip on Comfort Shoe NEW
- Mizuno Running Men's Inspire 2.0 Singlet - Choose SZ/Color
- NIKE MENS SIZE 12 DUALTONE RACER SE SHOES 922170 400 OBSIDIAN & OFF WHITE
- Rodolfo Valentino vintage burgundy boots, men's size 9.5
- Brand New - Caterpillar F2413-05 Steel Toe Work Boot Men's US 9
- NEW Mens CATERPILLAR CAT Ranglar MR 6" P90124 STEEL TOE SLIP RESISTANT Boot 7.5
- Merrell men slip on loafers size 11
- Lugz Shoes Wally Mid Classic Leather Black Boots Size 7.5
- Christian Louboutin Black Pigalle Follies 100 Veau Velours Pumps Size EU 39.5 (Approx. US 9.5) Regular (M, B)
- Prada Beige Platform Ankle Boots/Booties Size US 10 Regular (M, B)
- Rockport Mens Rocksand Military Boots Size 12 (38122)
- Sperry 0197632W : Top-Sider Men's A/O Boat Shoe Oatmeal
- Invicta Men's 8936 Pro Diver Collection 23k Gold Plated Watch
- Adidas Originals Sneaker X_PLR B37818 Orange
- Christian Louboutin Black with Snakeskin Seouver 100 Calf Morphee/Watersnake Boots/Booties Size EU 39.5 (Approx. US 9.5) Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Zoom Ultra Tennis Training Shoes Mens Size 8 Navy Blue White 845007-440
- Nike Zoom Jay Fly 3 OC Olympic Rio Track & Field Spikes Men's Sizes (882032-999)
- NEW!! ADIDAS NMD R2 Primeknit 'Triple White' Granite BY2245, Women's 7.5
- Nike Wmns Air Huarache Run women lifestyle sneakers NEW neutral olive 634835-201
- ROSE BUD Shoes 611284 WhiteｘGrey 36
- Ta Womens Tassel Fringe Zip Heel Sexy Stilettos Pointy Toe Knee High Party Boots
- Nike Air Max Ivo 580518-414 Ocean Fog/White Mens Running Shoes Size 9
- 2007 NIKE AIR FORCE 1 TALARI TENNIS SUPREME I/O NEON YELLOW 10 ATMOS CAMO 90 MAX
- Bogs Women's Rainboot Living Garden Rain Boot
- Tory Burch April rain boots Black women's size 6 b
- Aerosoles Women's Shoes Brown Suede Leather Platform Wedge Loafers Size 7.5
- SPERRY WOMENS BOAT SHOES SZ. 6 1/2
- MJUS Women's Tyne Ballet Flat, Light Brown/Perla, 38 EU/7.5 M US
- Twisted X Boots Women's WDM0057 Boat Shoe
- NIB $148 Cole Haan Black Suede Dawson Tassel Driving Loafers Moccasins, 8.5M
- Sanuk W WILLOW PILLOW Womens Willow Pillow Slipper- Choose SZ/Color.
- New Balance Made in USA 890 Series V.3 W890BG3 Women's Lifestyle Athletic Shoes
- Brooks Addiction Women's Walker V-Strap 9 2E (extra wide) Euro 40.5 white
- *NEW COLOUR* BROOKS ADRENALINE GTS 16 WOMENS RUNNING SHOES (B) (079)
- LL Bean Women's Comfort Mocs Mary Jane Shoes 7.5W Brown Wide Width Suede Cognac
- Trotters Women's Lauren Taupe Textured Leather Slip-on Shoes
- NEW Johnston & Murphy Cresswell Venetian Loafers MENS 12 Tan Nubuck 20-9576
- Ecco mens 45 US 11 / 11.5 black leather oxford dress casual shoes
Jimmy Choo Black Damsen Sandals Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Charlotte Olympia Black Velvet Kitty Flats Size US 6 Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).Christian Louboutin Black Akdooch 85 Patent Leather Carved Wedge Pumps Size EU 39.5 (Approx. US 9.5) Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Jimmy Choo Treat Sandals Size US 7 Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Valentino Gold Rockstud Metallic Leather Ankle Wrap Espadrille Sz. 36 Euro Flats Size US 6
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Christian Louboutin Beige Cataclou 60 Nude Suede Studded Stud Platform Sandal Heel Wedges Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Christian Louboutin Gold Iriza Pumps Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Hermès Pink Night 70 Slingback Sandals Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Valentino Black Rockstar Nior Sling Pumps Size US 8 Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Valentino Pink Square Toe Deep Rose Sandals Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B)
Bernie Prada Natural Color Satin Flat Silver Buckle Feathers Sandals Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Giuseppe Zanotti White Textured Leather Platform Slip On Sneakers Sneakers Size EU 41 (Approx. US 11) Regular (M, B)