The editorial board of the New York Post Valentino Black Patent Strappy Rockstud Pointed Pumps Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Christian Louboutin Black Decalcoco Leather Cross Strap Heels Sandal Pumps Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Christian Louboutin Black New Super Vic Pigalle Leather Strass High Heel Lady Fashion Follies Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Christian Louboutin Neon Pink Pigalle Flats Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Christian Louboutin Black & White Double Tutti 120 Mm. Glitter Fiesta Formal Shoes Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Olive Suede Loafers Flats Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B) Jimmy Choo npwzng2176-Flats
- NIKE W Nike Flex Trainer 8 924339-001 BLACK/WHITE-ANTHRACITE Womens Size 7
- Saucony Guide ISO - Women's Grey/Mint/Orange 104153
- Dansko Women Elise Work Shoes Black Leather Slip Resistant 4401020200 S1
- TUK A6802 CLASSIC BLACK LEATHER 2" TALL 2 EYE CREEPERS MENS US 13 NOS PUNK
- Men's Oxfords Leather Shoes European Style Dress Formal Business Casual Shoes
- Vans Chima Ferguson Pro Mens Casual Skate Shoes Black Charcoal White Size 8.5
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star 70's Hi Terry Cloth Towel Heritage Blue 155446C
- Skechers Sport Men's Equalizer Persistent Slip-On Sneaker, Navy, 10.5 M US
- LovMark Women's Chella-1 Round Toe Studded Platform Block High Heel Ankle Boots
- Womens Juicy Couture Fold-Over Platform Wedge Kasia Boots Taupe 6
- J Crew Olive Green Suede Macalister Wedge Bootie Size 8 Gum Sole GREAT used Cond
- 361287 LTSPBTS50 Women's Shoes Size 7 M Black Leather Zip Up Boots H.S. Trask
- SH21 Twisted X Boots 7.5B Brown Croc Embossed Stars Leather Western Ankle Boots
- Gentlemen/Ladies PUMA Men's Astro Cup Leather Sneaker Modern technology low cost Personalization trend
- KEEN Utility Men's Atlanta Cool Steel Toe Work Shoe Black 12 D US
- Men's/Women's Olukai Men's Moku Boat Shoe New Listing Orders are welcome professional design
- Hook & Loop Summer Outdoor Beach Sandals 2018 New Casual Classic PU Adult Shoes
- Womens Clarks Originals 38257 WALLABEE Brown Beeswax Leather Chukka Shoes 8.5 M
- Saucony Mens 2943-37 Black/Grey Running Shoes Size 11.5 (358813)
- Gentlemen/Ladies $27.99 The Hundreds Flipflops (black) SP97-083BLK Aesthetic appearance auction International big name
- Chippewa Waterproof 25910 Men's Insulated Hiking Boot Vibram Soles size 9M NWOB
- Wolverine Mens Work & Safety Boots Size 10.5 (14362)
- BOTTINES FACON CUIR NOIR T 40 RAMANINI BOUT POINTU TALONS FINS
- 1989 Addison Shoe Company 6" Steel Toe Chukka Boots SZ 8 X WIDE NEVER USED
- BORN MENS TALL PEBBLED LEATHER ZIP UP RIDING BOOTS COGNAC BROWN 10.5 $160
- Valentino Pink Suede Leather Rockstud Sneakers Size EU 41 (Approx. US 11) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Beige Cherrysandal 140 Pumps Size EU 41 (Approx. US 11) Regular (M, B)
- BNWT NEXT BLACK LEATHER BIKER BOOTS US 11 SOLD OUT
- RARE Converse Chuck Taylor CT AS Alpha Hi Men's Sz 9 Black Gold White 153111C
- G.H. Bass & Co. Weejuns Larson Brogue Mid Brown Mens Leather Loafers Shoes
- PUMA Women's Trinomic R698 Hyper Fashion Sneaker - Choose Size & Color
- Miu Miu Multi Color Leopard Printed Pony Hair Cage High Heel Sandals 11 Platforms Size EU 41 (Approx. US 11) Regular (M, B)
- Nike Zoom Hyperrev 2015 Kay Yow Pink Basketball Shoes 705370-606 Men’s US 12
- Nike Viale Men's Shoe -
- Adidas Ultra Boost W Frozen Womens TRAINERS Yellow Black Running SNEAKERS
- 29 New Nike Womens Cortez Classic LX White Crushed Velvet Shoes AA3255-100 6.5 9
- Asics Gel-Excite 2 T473N-4868 Mesh Running Shoes Medium (B, M) Womens
- womens stylish high block Heels High Top boots transparent pointy toe shoes Size
- Nike Air Jordan Formula 23 Low Sneakers Men's Size 12 Gym Red & White 919724-606
- Nike Train Speed 4 AMP "Ohio State Buckeyes" 844102-603 LIMITED Size 10.5 OSU
- Emu Ashby Sheepskin Boots Size Womens 8 Mens 7 Black Pebble Leather MSRP $270
- NEW Fry Ladies 8 M Lisa 8L Pleated Nap Brown Leather Pull on Western Heels Boots
- Man/Woman Steve Madden Women's Wayne Fashion Boot Various styles Quality First Cost-effective
- Propet Slip On Shoes TravelWalker 3230 Sneaker Sole Clogs Purple 2 E Wide Sz 9
- Dansko Womens Professional Wool Felt Floral Clogs Size US 5.5 - 6
- Skechers BOBS Women's Bobs Plush-Posh Pup Flat - Choose SZ/Color
- Demonia Daisy-09 Black Ballet Flats - Gothic,Goth,Punk,Black,Buckle
- Prada Brown Patent Leather Flats Shoes Sq Toe Silver & Black Buckle 39, 8.5
- Nike Womens Blazer Low PRM Trainers 454471 Sneakers Shoes 104
- 1805 Reebok CLASSIC LEATHER Women's Training Running Shoes CN5468
- Salomon Women's Ellipse Mehari Trail Running Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- Annte Shoes Women's Oil&Slip Resistant shoes Black Leather PENRIN BC6003
- Dansko Women's Sondra Clog Black Suede/Mesh Clogs
- PRADA MEN BLACK COLOR SLIP-ON LEATHER LOAFER SHOES 7.5 US 8.5 MADE IN ITALY
- Air Men Athletic Sneakers Sport Shoes Casual Running Walking Breathable S12 Red
Vince Camuto Brown Boots/Booties Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Valentino Black Leather Studded Espadrille Moccasins Flats Size EU 42 (Approx. US 12) Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).Christian Louboutin Black Diva Cora Beaded Jewel Heart Velvet 37.5 Pumps Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Valentino Burgundy Jw0s0986 Boots/Booties Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Christian Louboutin Beige Madame Butterfly Booty Platforms Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Christian Louboutin Neon Green Pigalle Follies 100 Patent Pumps Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Christian Louboutin Brown Corsini Suede Strappy Sandal Pumps Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Valentino Black Rockstud Pointed-toe Boots/Booties Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Valentino Black and Nude/Pink Rockstud Flats Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Christian Louboutin Black Pigalle 120 Patent Leather Red Sole Pumps Size EU 35.5 (Approx. US 5.5) Regular (M, B)
Bernie Prada Black Patent Leather Brogue Platform Sneakers Sneakers Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Céline Black Leather Ankle Boots/Booties Size EU 38.5 (Approx. US 8.5) Regular (M, B)