The editorial board of the New York Post Nike Jordan Trunner LX / GG Mens Youth Womens Gym Cross Training Shoes Pick 1.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Nike 749375 Mens KD 8 "Easy Euro" Athletic Performance Basketball Shoes Sneakers.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the NIKE Free Train Force FlyKnit Running Shoes 833275-003 Grey Orange Mens Size 14 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Nike Air Jordan 5 V Retro Low Dunk From Above White/Gold/Navy 819171-135 Size 10. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was NEW Nike Mamba Instinct KOBE Paramount Blue 852473-400 Men's Basketball Shoes. Continue reading
SB ERIC KOSTON BLACK / BLACK - WHITE GUM RED *NEW* 2 NIKE npffsb2176-Athletic Shoes
- NIKE W Nike Flex Trainer 8 924339-001 BLACK/WHITE-ANTHRACITE Womens Size 7
- Saucony Guide ISO - Women's Grey/Mint/Orange 104153
- Dansko Women Elise Work Shoes Black Leather Slip Resistant 4401020200 S1
- TUK A6802 CLASSIC BLACK LEATHER 2" TALL 2 EYE CREEPERS MENS US 13 NOS PUNK
- Men's Oxfords Leather Shoes European Style Dress Formal Business Casual Shoes
- Vans Chima Ferguson Pro Mens Casual Skate Shoes Black Charcoal White Size 8.5
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star 70's Hi Terry Cloth Towel Heritage Blue 155446C
- Skechers Sport Men's Equalizer Persistent Slip-On Sneaker, Navy, 10.5 M US
- LovMark Women's Chella-1 Round Toe Studded Platform Block High Heel Ankle Boots
- Womens Juicy Couture Fold-Over Platform Wedge Kasia Boots Taupe 6
- Men's/Women's Bottines MYMA Year-end special promotions fashionable Current shape
- Bandolino New Women's Frenchy Ankle Boot Black Leather 9M
- Lugz Women's Mallard Fur Fashion Boot, Espresso/Cream/Gum, 6.5 M US
- ZANZARA Men's Matisse Slip-On Loafer - Choose SZ/Color
- Stacy Adams Men's Madison 00049 Gray Kid/Lizard Print Leather Classic Shoes
- NIKE SB ZOOM STEFAN JANOSKI - BLACK / WHITE SUEDE - 333824 026 DS SZ 8
- Giorgio Brutini Quill 21099 City Men’s White Straps Dressy Sandals US 9.5 M C427
- DEMONIA V-CRE502/WB/PU Women's Vegan Punk Gothic White Platform Creepers Shoes
- Nike Zoom Superfly R4 Sprint Track Cleats 526626 035 Black Green Size 15
- New! Puma Mens Suede Classic + Athletic Shoes-Size 13 72F pb
- New Men's Magellan Run N Gun II Mid Realtree Xtra Camo Hunting Boots 8.5 M
- Designer Mens Tan Leather Thermolite Work Boots Shoes 11 Wide (E) BHFO 7973
- The Original SWAT Footwear Co 1151-BLK-8.0 Classic 6" Uniform Boot, Size 8.0
- Fashion Riding Boots Mens Military Boots PU Leather Knee High Equestrian Boots
- Men Suede Ankle Boots Slip On High Top Dress Formal Chelsea Vogue Leather Shoes
- YEEZY Black 500 Sneakers Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
- Jimmy Choo Fyonn 100 Sandals Size US 7
- ROCKY RANGER Steel Toe GORE-TEX BOOTS sz 13 men
- NIB Converse Pro Leather Mid Leather Black/White 136522C US Mens 9.5
- Teva Men's Sterling Slip-on-M Grey 7 M US
- Gentleman/Lady: Nike KD 7 Elite: exquisite (middle) processing
- Tory Burch Navy Gigi Block Heel Pump Flats Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Veer 599442-002 Athletic Men's Shoes Size: 10
- Nike Lebron James Soldier IX 9 Mens Basketball Shoes Size 8 Red Metallic Gold
- Adidas Originals NMD_R2 Primeknit Women's Shoes Raw Pink/Grey Three BY8782
- 7 WMN'S Nike AF1 Air Force 1 One Upstep Low BHM GOLD White Black 920788-100 OREO
- Converse Womens Chuck Taylor AS Syde Street Mid Mesh Trainers red NIB size 10
- Merrell Women's Zoe Sojourn Ballet E-Mesh Q2 Flat, - Choose SZ/color
- MEN'S NIKE AIR MAX FULL RIDE TR 1.5 TRAINING COOL GREY BLACK Size 13 869633-011
- Nike Air Jordan Retro 11 XI Low BARON 528895 010 Mens SZ 11 Black/White
- INC International Concepts Womens Jesaa Closed Toe Ankle Black Size 7.0 Kffw
- Vince Camuto CARSEY Suede Caged Over the Knee Boots Size 6.5
- HADES ORACLE Black Silver Plated Skull Spikes Studded Chains Alternative Boots
- Jean-Michel Cazabat Robin snakeskin ballet flats $295 metallic shoes
- Bernie Mev Women's Charm 2 Slip-on Shoe, Pewter, Size 8.5-9 US / 39 EU
- Sperry Size 9 M SAYEL CLEW STS80468 Gray Slip On Loafers New Womens Shoes
- NEW IN BOX WOMEN'S US 7 8 9 DR. MARTEN'S 1461 VIRGINIA LEAD 3 EYE OXFORD SHOES
- CLARKS Women's Leisa Bliss Mule Black Leather 5 M US
- New Nike Womens Zoom Elite 9 Run Running Shoes 863770-400 sz 9
- Nike Wmns Lunarsolo Moon Particle Silver Women Running Shoes Sneakers AA4080-200
- ASH Sneaker High Top Shoe Leather Rubber THELMA Grey Wedge Heel Sz 40 LTD
- Women's Skechers Breathe Easy- Faithful Slip On Shoes White
- Dyeables Women's Skylar Champagne Shimmer Party Shoes
- Men's Penguin by Munsingwear Blucher Black Leather Oxfords US 13
- Mr/Ms BASS MEN'S BLACK CASUAL LOAFERS-NEW Cheap the most economical Seasonal promotion
Jordan Super.Fly 5 PO. Brand new. Men sizes: 11 & 12
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Nike Roshe Run Navy SIZE 9 (“Intra-City Differences”).New Box Men's Shoe Air Force 1 High 07 Size 11 White/White Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Men's Vintage OG 1993 Original Nike Air Force Max CB Charles Barkley Black Sz 10, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? New Men's Nike Vandal High Supreme TD Size 8.5 Sail Basketball Shoes
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Nike air jordan eclipse 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13, Red, black. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. NIKE Roshe Tiempo VI QS Leather Men's Size 12 Shoes Black 853535 002 NEW In Box!
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Nike Hyperchase TB Mens 749554-101 White BlK-WHT Basketball Shoes Size 14 NIB
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. NIKE FLYKNIT LUNAR 2 RUNNING SHOES Mens Sz 14 48.5 620465-011 Black White.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
New Nike AIR JORDAN 1 STRAP LOW men's sneakers shoes size 11
Bernie New Nike Zoom All Out Flyknit OC Olympic Collection Mens Size 11 | 845716-999.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Nike Air Max Infuriate 2 Mid Premium Men's Basketball Shoe