The editorial board of the New York Post Womens Bowknot Ultra-Light Block Heels Round Toe Loafer Grace Collegiate Shoe.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
|Condition: || : |
An item that has been or previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes: ||“Great condition. No issues. Clean. Please see photos for all details. Photos are of the actual shoes.” |
| Model: ||Darling|| Width: ||Medium (B, M)|
| Country/Region of Manufacture: ||China|| Pattern: ||Solid|
| Style: ||Clogs|| Features: ||Cushioned, Negative Heel Technology|
| Fastening: ||Slip on|| Color: ||Black|
| Heel Height: ||Flat (0 to 1/2 in.)|| Occasion: ||Casual|
| US Shoe Size (Women's): ||5.5|| Brand: ||Kalso Earth Shoe|
| Material: ||Leather|| Toe Type: ||Round Toe|
| UPC: ||Does not apply|
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Womens Flats Canvas Athletic Shoes Pumps Round Toe Sneakers Loafers Pull On Size.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Hot Sale Women’s Round Toe Pearls Crystal Pull On Flat Canvas Casual Shoes Pumps and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Chic Womens Mutil Candy Color Pointy Toe Low Heel Work Court Shoes Flat Pumps US. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was New Womens Retro Square Toe Slip On Loafers Low Cuban Heel Buckle Casual Shoes. Continue reading
Kalso Darling Womens Black Ruched Leather Slip on Mules Clogs Slides 5.5B Earth npksvq2176-Flats
- NIKE W Nike Flex Trainer 8 924339-001 BLACK/WHITE-ANTHRACITE Womens Size 7
- Saucony Guide ISO - Women's Grey/Mint/Orange 104153
- Dansko Women Elise Work Shoes Black Leather Slip Resistant 4401020200 S1
- TUK A6802 CLASSIC BLACK LEATHER 2" TALL 2 EYE CREEPERS MENS US 13 NOS PUNK
- Men's Oxfords Leather Shoes European Style Dress Formal Business Casual Shoes
- Vans Chima Ferguson Pro Mens Casual Skate Shoes Black Charcoal White Size 8.5
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star 70's Hi Terry Cloth Towel Heritage Blue 155446C
- Skechers Sport Men's Equalizer Persistent Slip-On Sneaker, Navy, 10.5 M US
- LovMark Women's Chella-1 Round Toe Studded Platform Block High Heel Ankle Boots
- Womens Juicy Couture Fold-Over Platform Wedge Kasia Boots Taupe 6
- Black Fashion Women's Pointy Toe Blcok Heels Suede Casual Shoes Ankle Boots New
- Women's Cole Haan 9.5 B Lunargrand Ankle Boots Brown Rust Suede With Orange A065
- EUC Cole Haan Black High Heel Black Suede Booties Womens Shoes US Sz 8 B
- Mens British Fashion Pointy Toe Leather Shoes Casual Business Wing Tip Shoes
- Citizen Watch Company Mens Analog Display Japanese Quartz Silver
- Allen Edmonds 'Park Avenue' Brown Leather Cap Toe Oxford Shoes Size 10
- CROCS CLASSIC GRAPHIC SLIDE shoes sandals man woman flip flop clogs
- Propét Womens Cameo Low Top Slip On Fashion Sneakers, Grey/Pewter, Size 7.5
- NIKE ALPHA STRIKE 2 TD SIZE 9 MEN'S FOOTBALL CLEATS SHOES 725227 700
- Brand New Authentic Starbury 2 Black White High Top Basketball Shoes Size 5.5
- Ben Sherman Ashorne Slip On Dark Tan Synthetic Chelsea Boots BEN3156 076 U53
- RED WING Steel Toe Safety Shoes 4479 Men's Size 10
- Dakota 8" X-Toe ST Composite Plate Welted Men's Dark Brown Work Boots 8M
- L.L. Bean Ascender Gore-Tex Mens Suede Hiking Outdoors Shoes Boots Sz. 9 M EUC
- RED WING Mens Pecos SuperSole 1105 Brown Leather Western Roper Work Boots 11 A
- Balenciaga Black Suede High Stiletto Heels Booties Pumps Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)
- Chloé Black Susanna Leather Studded Boots/Booties Size US 6 Regular (M, B)
- Northside Men's NEW Cornace All Terrain Grip WaterProof Winter Snow Boots
- DUNHAM OAKDALE MENS BROWN LEATHER WALKING SLIP ON COMFORT SHOES 11.5 EEEE NEW
- Stacy Adams Men's Madison II Monk Strap Wingtip
- Puma Basket Bow Animal Wn's Sneaker Donna 367828 02 Black
- Rag & Bone Black Wedge Espadrille Mules/Slides Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- MENS NIKE MANOADOME LIGHT BONE SZ 11.5
- Men's Nike Court Burrough Low Black Size 8-11 New In Box 838937-001
- Women's Shoes * ADIDAS ULTRA BOOST * S77512 * LIMITED SALE !!
- NIKE WOMENS FLYKNIT ZOOM AGILITY SZ 7 CHALK BLUE WHITE RACER BLUE 698616 403
- adidas Women's Cf Advantage Sneaker - Choose SZ/Color
- Sexy Women's Chunky Heel Clear Over The Knee High boots Pull On Shoes New Shiny
- New Nike Kobe XI 11 Mens Basketball Shoes Low Grey Crimson 836183-084 Size 11
- 2018 Nike Air Max 90 Premium SZ 11.5 Neutral Olive Mesh Suade 7001055-202
- Fashion Womens Pointy Toe Block Heel Over The Knee High Boots Stirpe Shoes SIBO
- Tony Lama Cowboy Boots 7.5 Metallic Electric Colorful 1130 Leather Western
- FRYE Women's Veronica Strap Tall-TUFG Engineer Boot 100% Leather,Black, 7.5 M US
- Paul Mayer Attitudes Brown Croc Embossed Drivers Flats sz 7B
- Vince Nelson Slip On Sneaker Size 9.5 Euro 41 White Python $295
- Melissa Women's Jean + Jason Wu Flats Pink Rose Glitter 7 BM US
- LUCKY BRAND Elko Macrame Crochet Mack Red Slip On Ballet Flats Shoes US 8 M NWB
- White Mountain Mina Bow Tie Ballet Flats 099, Dark Brown, 7 US
- Skechers Flex Appeal 2.0 Step Forward Womens Slip On Sneakers 6.5
- Nina Women's Taela Pointed Toe Slingback Black Satin
- Nike Wmns Air Vapormax R Midnight Fog Reflective Fashion Running AJ4470-002
- Dr. Scholl's Kimberly Athletic Sneakers, Women's Size 11 M, Black
- SAS San Antonio Shoes Simplify Rose Gold Leather Comfort Loafer, Womens US 9.5 S
- 595$ Tod's Morcetto Metallo Leather Gommino Drivers Size US 12 Made In Italy
- Vintage "Playboy" Tropical Woven Leather Oxfords White Mens Shoes Size 10 Nice
Chic Womens Color matching Round Toe Platform Shoes New Casual Loafers Plus Size
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Women's Skechers 14736/CHAR Go Step Lite-Mystic Charcoal (“Intra-City Differences”).Merrell Black Leather Slip On Loafers Mocs Women's Size 9.5 Medium Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Steven By Steve Madden Sensai Leather Slide, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? TALBOTS womens Gold Leather Slip On Loafer Sz 9AA
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Minnetonka Moc Moccasins Kilty Suede Hardsole Shoes10 womens black. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Kelly & Katie Womens lovelian Closed Toe Loafers, Navy, Size 9.0 C8DX
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Kelly & Katie Womens cigola Closed Toe Loafers, Light Pink, Size 6.0 DcNi
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Born b.o.c Womens Wingtip Oxfords Size 9.5 Brown Dress Shoes.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Aerosoles Women's Upper Level Flat, Blue Combo, 6 W US
Bernie SAS Tripad Comfort Diabetic Classic Moc Wedge Penny Loafers Women's US 9.5W.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Womens Square Toe Bowknot Flats PU leather Slip On Low Heel Rubber Sole Shoe New