The editorial board of the New York Post Christian Louboutin Kaleitop Studded Spike Metallic T-strap Sandals 40.5 Formal Shoes Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Christian Louboutin Multi Gold Cataclou Wedges Size US 9 Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Balenciaga Grey New Men's High-top Sneakers Sneakers Size US 8 Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Christian Louboutin Nude Nosy Pvc T-strap Studded Pumps Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Christian Louboutin Poudre Pigalle Follies 100 Patent Leather Pumps Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Gianmarco Lorenzi Blush Pink Crystal Pumps Limited Platforms US 10 Narrow (Aa, N) Size npmcdl2176-Platforms
- NIKE W Nike Flex Trainer 8 924339-001 BLACK/WHITE-ANTHRACITE Womens Size 7
- Saucony Guide ISO - Women's Grey/Mint/Orange 104153
- Dansko Women Elise Work Shoes Black Leather Slip Resistant 4401020200 S1
- TUK A6802 CLASSIC BLACK LEATHER 2" TALL 2 EYE CREEPERS MENS US 13 NOS PUNK
- Men's Oxfords Leather Shoes European Style Dress Formal Business Casual Shoes
- Vans Chima Ferguson Pro Mens Casual Skate Shoes Black Charcoal White Size 8.5
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star 70's Hi Terry Cloth Towel Heritage Blue 155446C
- Skechers Sport Men's Equalizer Persistent Slip-On Sneaker, Navy, 10.5 M US
- LovMark Women's Chella-1 Round Toe Studded Platform Block High Heel Ankle Boots
- Womens Juicy Couture Fold-Over Platform Wedge Kasia Boots Taupe 6
- Charles David Yadira Grey Leather Hidden Platform Ankle Boots Size 8.5
- Luichiny Stand By Black 5" Block High Heel Platform Furry Ankle Boot 7- 11
- Lucky Brand Tan Combat Boots Nolan 8.5 Leather
- Mens Leather Slip On Loafers Driving Casual Business Nightclub Flats Shoes Chic
- New Hugo Boss Orange Label Men Slides Slip On Shoes Beach Blue Jeans 41 / 8 $195
- men's shoes CHURCH'S 7,5 () desert boots ice suede AH493-H
- Flip Flops DC Shoes Spray Green Men 303272-OB2
- Emporio Armani Slippers Shoes Sz. 42 Man White X4P079XL293-A045 MAKE OFFER
- DAY FIVE SONIC BOY'S Size 5 M Brown Style Athletic Sneakers Shoes
- NEW Men's Under Armour Strive 6 Training Shoes Medium & WIDE Sneakers
- EUC Men's American Eagle Outfitters Size 10 Boots shoes Suede Perfect for fall
- Mens Suede Leather High Top Pointed Toe Chelsea Chunky Heels Ankle Boots Shoes
- Mens Nocona Brown Leather Western Boots Size: 10.5 D
- Men's Irish Setter Dark Brown Low Work Business Boots Sz 11
- DURANGO SW533 Packer Black Bullhide/Brown Frontier size 9.5D
- Jimmy Choo Red Romy 100 Sequined Metallic Leather Pumps Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Black Ottaboo Boots/Booties Size US 12 Regular (M, B)
- Globe Men's Mahalo Skate Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- Johnston & Murphy Hardiman Tan Full Grain Leather Mens Penny Loafer 25-1782 Sz 7
- ARMANI JEANS MAN SEAKER SHOES CASUAL FREE TIME LEATHER AND SYNTHETIC CODE 6A441
- Adidas Roundhouse NEW Mid Athletic Training White Fashion Sneakers Women's US 10
- Prada Nude Sandals Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
- NIKE ALPHA PRO 2 3/4 TD LE 2.0 Football Cleats NikeSkin MENS 10.5 820280 140 NEW
- Nike AIr Zoom Spirimic Bamboo White Mens Training Shoes Sz 8 881983 retail $200
- Women's Adidas PureBOOST X ATR Running Shoes BY2691 Size 9
- Nike Air Max Thea LX Special Edition Dusty Peach Women's Shoes Sz 7.5 881203 201
- Women's Running Shoes Saucony Progrid Omni 7 Size 5.5 Wide
- Womens Winter Fur Trim Buckle Strap Round Toe Mid Calf Warm Snow Boots Plus Size
- Nike Classic Cortez Premium Scarpe Sportive Uomo 807480 101 da Tennis Svendita
- NEW NIKE ZOOM = SIZE 11.5 = HYPERREV MENS BASKETBALL SHOES 643301-018
- AdTec Women's 2173 Packer Boots 7.5
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Women's Damara Boot, Black/Black, 9 B US
- Andrew Charles Womens High Boot Grey MARIAH
- Skechers Womens Bob's Closed Toe Slide Flats, Natural Linen, Size 9.0 oOCO
- BOBS from Skechers Women's Phresh-Top Spot Sneaker
- *NEW!* Born 'Julianne' Ballet Flats Light Gold Crackle Leather Stud Accents 8M
- Womens Earth SweetPea Black Tumbled Leather Wedge Sandal Premium leather
- Finn Comfort Soft Soho Fashion Sneaker - EU42
- New FILA Disruptor II 2 Unisex Sneakers Athletic Shoes WPK(FS1HTA1074X) 100%
- Clarks Women's Reedly Salene Wedge Ankle Strap Sand Goat Nubuck
- Nike Air Max Sequent 3 Womens Style : 908993 Black Womens Size 8
- Standing Comfort Double Strap White Leather Slip Resistant Women's 7.5
- DANSKO MERRIE Brown Leather Mary Jane Open Back Clogs Womens Size 8/38 mule
- Bruno Magli , LOREN men shoes, hand made,10 M, best leather, Awesome , ON SALE !
- Johnston Murphy Men's Loafers Brow Leather Bicycle Toe Slip On Casual Shoes 8.5M
Stuart Weitzman Black Women's Corley Suede Over-the-knee Boots/Booties Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Chloé Tan Calf Ballet Flats Size US 6 Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).Christian Louboutin Black Air Chance 70 Slingback Heels Sandals Size US 8 Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Casadei Dark Silver Grey Pumps Size US 8 Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Sergio Rossi Strappy Gladiator Sandals. Boots/Booties Size US 7.5
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Christian Louboutin Black/Kd Gun Degraspike 100 Kid Formal Shoes Size US 5.5 Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Jimmy Choo Black 52139 Pumps Size US 10 Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Giuseppe Zanotti Black Silver New Pumps Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Valentino Camouflage Sneakers Size US 10 Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Jimmy Choo Black Minny Sandals Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
Bernie Stuart Weitzman Black Highchamp Ww33478 Boots/Booties Size US 8 Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Christian Louboutin Nude Bianca Patent Calf Pumps Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)