The editorial board of the New York Post Nike Mens Mercurial Victory IV Indoor Cleats (Metallic Mach Prpl).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The classic shoe type, using the top talents, fine craftsmanship; simple but not lacking in fashion, the most simple way to interpret the fashion paradigm.
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Men’s Nike Internationalist Running Athletic Shoes Size 8.5 NEW.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Men's Nike Pendleton Air Max 90 Black Shoes 825512 004 Size 9.5 - B12 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously NIKE AIR MAX TAVAS RUNNING SHOES BLACK ANTHRACITE 705149-010 NEW MENS. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Nike Flyknit Lunar 1 Men Orange Sneaker Running Shoe 10.5M Pre Owned LQ. Continue reading
••• 2015 Nike Air Jordan 8 VIII Retro Chrome 305381 Aqua Playoffs Bunny Size 10 npffsb2309-Athletic Shoes
- WMNS NIKE AIR MAX 2017 ID BLACK-WHITE-VOLT SZ 10 [918092-991]
- $320 Bernhard Willhelm Camper US 10 Together Himalayan Sneakers 46489-015
- NEW PAUL GREEN taupe metallic nubuck chunky open toe shoes size 6.5 ( 9 )
- NEW Puma Basket Classic Winterized 361324-01 Mens Shoes Trainers Sneakers SALE
- TRETORN ECO ORTHOLITE CANVAS SUEDE SLIP ON SHOE DECK SHOE BLUE
- Deer Stags Men's Benton Wing Tip Oxfords TW4 Burgundy Size 9W
- Cole Haan Men 10 M US Black Leather Slip On Loafers Shoes C12329
- Gentlemen/Ladies Affute Luxury Men's Automatic Self-Wind Watches Customer first Attractive fashion value
- Womens Med Heels Faux Leather Zipper Shoes Motorcycle Biker Ankle Boot Sz SY01
- Calvin Klein Collection Gray Leather Booties, Size 9.5
- Minnetonka Women's Two Button Boot - Hardsole Brown Suede - 9
- Tom's 9 Blue Suede Wedge Booties Boots NEW Side Zipper $95
- Demonia CRA09/BVL Gothic Lolita Criss Cross Platform Slide Black Sandals Spikes
- SAS Men Shoes Time Out Bone 9.5 M Wore Once
- Clarks Originals Men's Weaver Boot Charcoal Suede 26120119
- Gentleman/Lady Georgia Boot Small Batch Chukka Boot selling price high quality Different goods
- Skechers Men's 65461/CHOC Relaxed Fit-Reggae-Belano Flip-Flop Chocolate Size 10
- Ilse Jacobsen Turquoise Suede Espadrille Flat Loafer Slip On Shoe 41New
- NIKE Men's Lunarcharge BR Running Trainers Sneakers 942059-001
- vans shoes sport skateboard 106 vulc vulcanized suede grey -- 10.5 us
- Cowboy Boots Dan Post Men's Size 9 1/2 EW Extra Wide Brown Western Rockabilly
- Baffin Mens Hunter-M Green Work & Safety Boots Size 9 (273149)
- Dickies Men's Escape Hiker 6-Inch Steel-Toe Work Boot
- Florsheim ROYAL Imperial Vintage Men's Leather Ankle Beatle Boots Size 9.5 Brown
- Mens Brown Resistol Leather Roper Cowboy Boots Sz:10 C *NARROW*(AC)
- Prada Black Sport Scrunch Leather Wedge Heel Tall Knee High Boots/Booties Size US 9
- Valentino Multicolor Navajo Rockstud Pumps Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B)
- Mens Slip on Climbing Shoe Safety Shoes Fashion Steel Toe Work Boots Hiking prop
- Merrell Jungle Moc Dark Earth Slip-On Shoe Loafer Men's sizes 7-15 NIB!!!
- KEEN UTILITY Men's 1016972 Raleigh Neutral Gray/Greene Aluminum Toe Work Shoes
- SQUAD ANORAK COLLRYL/PWR RED - Adidas
- Frye Brown 77719 Billy Leather Wool Cowgirl Women Boots/Booties Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Roshe One (Wolf Grey/White) Men's Shoes 511881-023
- NIKE MERCURIAL VICTORY IV FG SOCCER SHOES CLEATS MEN SZ 6.5 553633-330
- Adidas Jeremy Scott Leopard NEO Bones Tribute, Womens Size 6.5, Cyber Gold-RARE!
- Womens Nike Metcon 2 Summit White Metallic Pewter CrossFit SZ 7.5 ( 821913-103 )
- Asics Womens Gel Nimbus 18 Running Shoes T6E5N Size 8.5
- New Pajar Piper Snow Winter Ski Boots Waterproof, Insulated Dark Grey $175
- Nike Air Zoom KD 7 VII Calm Before Storm Grey/Hyper Punch 653996-060 Men's Sz 14
- Mens Nike Air More Money Size 11 (AJ2998 002) No Box Top
- PUMA Women's Carson 2 Molded Wn Sneaker - Choose SZ/color
- VTG-1990s Buskens Grannie Granny Style Short Leather Boots Women's 8 sku5
- Men's/Women's Pajar Women's Baretta Boot Every item described is available cheapest British temperament
- Naturalizer Black leather Mary janes Comfort Casual Career 8.5 Excellent
- Clarks Women's Sillian Free Clog
- Man's/Woman's Roxy Women's Tango Shoe Flat Reliable quality Modern and stylish fashion Exquisite workmanship
- Naturalizer Womens Therese Leather Cap Toe Slide Flats, Black, Size 6.5
- Unuetzer 7233 Women Ballerinas bronze - leather - handmade in Venice
- Propet Women's Eden Walking Shoe,Black,5.5 M US
- Adidas EQT Support Adv Primeknit Womens BZ0006 Energy Aqua White Shoes Size 5.5
- Saucony Women's Guide 10 Running Shoe, Light Blue/Blue, 6.5 W US
- NIB Ash Jungle Multi Coral Bahia Leather Sneaker Platform Slip On Shoes Size 36
- Dansko Ingrid Box Clogs - Women's Size 11.5/12 - Black NEW!
- Charles Stone Plain Derby, Men's Dress/Casual Leather Oxford Shoes, Navy
- $65 NIB PONY Top Star Black Canvas-Leather Low Core Sneakers 9 Mens City Wings
Nike Free Hypervenom III 3 FC FK Flyknit Pink Blast - NEW
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)2010 Nike Dunk Low Pro SB Size 10 With Box 304292-404 (“Intra-City Differences”).Adidas NMD R2 Mens Athletic Shoes Black/white Size 12 GREAT! Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Nike H1 Air Shake NDESTRUKT 880869 402 Dennis Rodman Blue White Blue Leather, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Nike Roshe One Mens Running Shoes Cargo Khaki Summit White 511881 306
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Nike LeBron Soldier 10 Midnight Navy Game Royal Basketball Size 11 No Box. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Nike Air Force 1 High red/white size 9
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Nike Kobe Bryant Mamba Instinct Men's Sz 9.5 Basketball Shoes 3M Grey White NEW
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. 833457-081 Men's Nike Kaishi 2.0 Black/Crimson Red/White New In Box.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Nike Flex 2017 RN Men's Running Shoes 898457 001 Sz8-12 Fast shipping K H
Bernie NIKE BIG NIKE HIGH 336608-042 black/varsity royal-white Size 12.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Nike Kaishi 2.0 833411-401 Midnight Navy Running Casual Shoes Medium (D, M) Men