The editorial board of the New York Post Hermès Orange Sandals Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Aquazzura Hot Pink Mirage 105 Suede Nappa 38.5 Sandals Size US 8 Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Aquazzura Vintage Pink Wild Thing 50 Suede Sandals Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Jimmy Choo Black Mambo Pumps Size US 9 Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Giuseppe Zanotti Black Pumps Size US 10 Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Burgundy Suede Rockstud Ballet Flats Size US 9 Regular (M, B) Cage Valentino npmcdl2309-Flats
- WMNS NIKE AIR MAX 2017 ID BLACK-WHITE-VOLT SZ 10 [918092-991]
- $320 Bernhard Willhelm Camper US 10 Together Himalayan Sneakers 46489-015
- NEW PAUL GREEN taupe metallic nubuck chunky open toe shoes size 6.5 ( 9 )
- NEW Puma Basket Classic Winterized 361324-01 Mens Shoes Trainers Sneakers SALE
- TRETORN ECO ORTHOLITE CANVAS SUEDE SLIP ON SHOE DECK SHOE BLUE
- Deer Stags Men's Benton Wing Tip Oxfords TW4 Burgundy Size 9W
- Cole Haan Men 10 M US Black Leather Slip On Loafers Shoes C12329
- Gentlemen/Ladies Affute Luxury Men's Automatic Self-Wind Watches Customer first Attractive fashion value
- Womens Med Heels Faux Leather Zipper Shoes Motorcycle Biker Ankle Boot Sz SY01
- Calvin Klein Collection Gray Leather Booties, Size 9.5
- New Women's Skechers 49301 Relaxed Fit Reggae Fest Steady Ankle Boots Size 7 (C3
- Womens Merrell Capra Bolt Blue Breathable Athletic Hiking Outdoor Shoes Size 8
- Gentlemen/Ladies Indigo Rd Oneal Over-The-Knee Boots, Gray Cheap Affordable International big name
- Twisted X Men's Copper Casual Driving Mocs MDM0014
- DS NIKE 2012 AIR FLIGHT ONE PENNY GAME ROYAL 11 FOAMPOSITE 1/2 CENTS UPTEMPO MAX
- ARMANI Leather Dress Round Toe Men's Oxford 11 44 Casual Sport Sneakers X2X052
- Adidas Adilette Mens 288022 New Navy White Synthetic Slide Sandals Size 13
- NEW SKECHERS GO WALK 4 PROPEL WOMENS COMFORTABLE CASUAL SHOES
- PRE-Owned Adidas D67054 Black Green Stripes Men Canvas Running Shoes Size 13
- Man's/Woman's MENS SHOES-RBX WHITE/BLACK ATHLETIC SHOES-8.5M-NEW-W/TAGS Fine workmanship new Caramel, gentle
- Men's Shoes Fashion Breathable Casual Business Elegant TauL #C661
- Steve Madden Mens Patten Engineer Zip Up Ankle Boot Shoes, Tan Leather, US 13
- Dakota Men's STCP WP Black Hiking Boot 9M
- ACME Vintage Western Cowboy Work Boots ~ Men's 9 E
- ROSEARCH MILITARY JUNGLE SPIKE PROTECTIVE BLACK HOT WEATHER VENTED 9 R 9R BOOTS
- Christian Louboutin Beige Miss Tack Boots/Booties Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Black Vitish 100 Calf Leather Knee High Tall Pull On Stiletto Heel Boots/Booties Size EU 35 (Approx. US 5) Regular (M, B)
- VTG MENS JUSTIN COWBOY LEATHER BROWN BOOTS SIZE 10.5 D
- Mens High Top Mesh Stretching Loafer Flats Running Sneakers Casual Shoes Black
- Spring Men Genuine Leather Moccasin Clamp Round Toe Slip On Loafers Casual Shoes
- Man/Woman: Air jordan retro 7: Modern And Elegant In Fashion
- Stuart Weitzman Olive Exhale Pumps Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
- NIKE Alpha Pro 2 Low TD Black White Silver Molded Football Cleats NEW Mens 8.5
- NIKE NEYMAR HYPERVENOM PHELON II NJR FG SOCCER SHOES NJR SIZE 10 NIB 820113-061
- Adidas Performance Women's Gymbreaker Bounce Training Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- NEW WOMENS 10.5 NIKE FREE RN FLYKNIT 2017 RUNNING SHOES BLACK WHITE OREO 880844
- New In Box Puma Women's Soleil V2 Comfort Fun Synthetic Leather Sneakers Shoes
- Men's/Women's City Classified Rex Womens Wedges Good world reputation Won highly appreciated and widely trusted at home and abroad Popular tide shoes
- OG Nike Cortez Jewel Men’s Sz. 10
- Nike Air Force 1 SF AF1 Mid Sequoia Black Green Special Field [917753 300] Size
- New Block Heel Over Knee Thigh Boots Womens Riding Knight Boots Leather Shoes
- Dr. Martens Joyce HRT Black Leo Women's Brogue Oxford 23798001
- Aquatalia Womens Viviann Haircalf Fur Closed Toe Mid-Calf, Leopard, Size 7.0
- Born Boc Black Leather Slip On Round Toe Driving Loafer Shoes Women 10 M Pebbled
- Fashion Womens Leather Formal Low Chunky Heels Square Toes Slip On Shoes Oxfords
- Skechers Womens Bikers-Ripples Mary Jane Flat- Select SZ/Color.
- 100% authentic BN CELINE leather espadrilles black flats shoes leather jute 37
- Aquatalia Kelsey Women's Suede Oxblood/Red Weatherproof Loafer ShSz 9.5 NIB $350
- New Nike Air Max Thea Ultra Flyknit - Women's Running Shoes Size 7.5
- ASICS WOMEN'S GEL SOLUTION SPEED 3 TENNIS SHOES (AQUA SPLASH/ WHITE/ DIVA BLUE)
- adidas Originals NMD_R2 W Ash Pearl Pink Women Running Shoes Sneakers AQ0197
- Womens sz 7 M clarks artisan unstructured perforated loafers shoes white leather
- Dansko Women's Pro XP Clog, Grey Herringbone Patent, 36 M US
- NIKE 2006 DUNKESTO X CLOT BIRCH 6 DUNK SUPREME SAFARI LONDON SNAKE DENIM PRO SB
- New Men's Women's Dr. Martens Lester 3 Eyelet Shoes US Men 7/Ladies 8 Hawai 58M
Jimmy Choo New Black / Nude / Canyon Mina Flat Palm Leather Appliqué On Canvas Boots/Booties Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Gianvito Rossi Black Femi Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).YEEZY Light Grey Adidas 750 Boost Sneakers Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Christian Louboutin Black Patent Leather Pigalle Pointed Pumps Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Christian Louboutin Black Classic Pigalle Follies 100mm Nappa Shiny Leather Point-toe Pumps Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Valentino Red Rockstud Leather Low Top Studded Flats Sneakers Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Fendi Multi Colored Rockstud Wedges Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Balenciaga Black Sneakers Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Chloé Black Bormio Ch26151 Wedges Size EU 40.5 (Approx. US 10.5) Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Valentino Grey Rockstud Pebbled Leather Fringe Ankle 36.5 Boots/Booties Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
Bernie Christian Louboutin White Pink Blue Lady Peep Multicolor Platforms Size US 8 Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Valentino Brown Fringe Leather Knee High Flat Riding 39.5 Boots/Booties Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)