The editorial board of the New York Post Hermès Orange Sandals Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Aquazzura Hot Pink Mirage 105 Suede Nappa 38.5 Sandals Size US 8 Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Aquazzura Vintage Pink Wild Thing 50 Suede Sandals Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Jimmy Choo Black Mambo Pumps Size US 9 Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Giuseppe Zanotti Black Pumps Size US 10 Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Burgundy Suede Rockstud Ballet Flats Size US 9 Regular (M, B) Cage Valentino npmcdl2309-Flats
- WMNS NIKE AIR MAX 2017 ID BLACK-WHITE-VOLT SZ 10 [918092-991]
- $320 Bernhard Willhelm Camper US 10 Together Himalayan Sneakers 46489-015
- NEW PAUL GREEN taupe metallic nubuck chunky open toe shoes size 6.5 ( 9 )
- NEW Puma Basket Classic Winterized 361324-01 Mens Shoes Trainers Sneakers SALE
- TRETORN ECO ORTHOLITE CANVAS SUEDE SLIP ON SHOE DECK SHOE BLUE
- Deer Stags Men's Benton Wing Tip Oxfords TW4 Burgundy Size 9W
- Cole Haan Men 10 M US Black Leather Slip On Loafers Shoes C12329
- Gentlemen/Ladies Affute Luxury Men's Automatic Self-Wind Watches Customer first Attractive fashion value
- Womens Med Heels Faux Leather Zipper Shoes Motorcycle Biker Ankle Boot Sz SY01
- Calvin Klein Collection Gray Leather Booties, Size 9.5
- Report size 6 M NEW Buhler Black Belted Flat Mid-Calf Boots Shoes
- ECCO Womens Boots Knee High Fashion Soft Cognac Leather Equestrian Riding 6.5M
- Pretty Little Things Karmel Baby Pink Faux Suede Biker Boots Women’s Sz UK5 US7
- NIB Converse by John Varvatos CT AS Slip Ox Dark Navy 145370C US Mens 7.5
- CLARKS Men's Wallabee Moccasin Black Suede 110 M US
- maison martin margiela shoes men “MUFFA” 45
- DC Shoes Men's Bolsa SP Slipper Slider Sandals Navy Blue Red Beach Summer
- Eileen Fisher Women's Loop2-Td Pointed Toe Flat, Limstone, 6.5 M US
- New Balance 623 White Athletic Running Cross Training Comfort Sneaker Men Sz 14
- NWOB Men's Converse 156455C All-Star Leather Hi Top Size 7.5-M
- Men's Shoes Fashion England Breathable Casual Business Elegant oAUl
- Unlisted Kenneth Cole Imagi-Nation Men US 9 Black Winter Boot New NIB
- ITASCA Mens Winter Boots Size 8 M Brown Leather Water Resistant
- Stafford Deacon Cognac Brown Wingtip Boots Size 8.5 M
- Mens Patent Leather Riding Combat Motor Shoes Militory Over Knee High Boots Top
- Charlotte Olympia Black Suede Dotty Platform Pumps Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Nude Senora Pumps Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
- Hudson London Palmer Men US 9 Brown Wingtip Boot
- Authentic Men's Santoni Cedar Wooden Wood Shoe Trees,UK10/US11
- Clarks Originals Mens X DESERT EDMUND CREATE BROWN Lea G
- Puma R698 Matt & Shine 36080006 Nylon Casual Walking Shoes Medium (B, M) Womens
- Christian Louboutin Dark Grey Apostrophy 85 Suede Heels Pumps Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B)
- Nike Mens Jordan CP3.VIII Deep Royal Blue Infrared 23 Yellow 684855-420 Sz 18
- NIKE FLEX SUPREME TR3 MEN RUN SHOES, SIZE 11.5, WH/BLK/HYPER COBALT, 653620 100
- Women's adidas EQT Support ADV Casual Clear Mint/White/Hi-Res Aqua B37538 MNT
- Nike Air Max 90 Abyss/Abyss-Volt 325213-551 Women's
- New Balance FLX Ride 530 (W530ALG2) Flex Ride - Running New With Box
- Men's/Women's black velvet size 6.5 stiletto boots Good world reputation Medium cost fine
- Nike Mike Vick Blacksburg Edition Mens Size 10
- RARE VTG 80's 1986 Nike Cortez Waffle Brown Tan Running Shoes Men's size 10.5
- Men's/Women's Very Volatile Women's Lars Western Boot Attractive and durable Latest styles Clearance sale
- Cobb Hill Rockport Women's Alexandra Boot, Blue Teal, 8 N US
- Donald J Pliner Tessa-d Motorcycle 100% Black Crepe Italian Boot Sz 8.5 NEW $330
- EAST SPIRIT Womens Black Leather Slip On Shoes Size 9.5
- Nine West Gold Black Stripe Leather Python Suede pointy toe flats Womens 11M
- Ivanka Trump Women's Evana Ballet Flat - Choose SZ/Color
- Propét Womens Cameo Low Top Slip On Fashion Sneakers, Black, Size 6.0
- NIB $650 Oscar De La Renta "Winona" Bordeaux Velvet Flats sz 9 IT 39
- Puma Women's Muse Echo High Top Basketball Shoes GG8 Black Size 10 $130
- Nike Air Huarache Run Womens 634835-032 Wolf Grey White Running Shoes Size 7.5
- Women's Softinos Isleen Military Green Leather Sneakers Size 38
- **LATEST RELEASE** Asics Gel Kayano 25 Womens Running Shoes (B) (800)
- Women's Alegria Comfort Clogs Kourtney Black Delicut KOU-435
- TOPSIDER Men's Shoes 021592 Brown 9
- Bostonian Garvan Plain Mens Black Leather Casual Dress Oxfords Shoes
Jimmy Choo New Black / Nude / Canyon Mina Flat Palm Leather Appliqué On Canvas Boots/Booties Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Gianvito Rossi Black Femi Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).YEEZY Light Grey Adidas 750 Boost Sneakers Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Christian Louboutin Black Patent Leather Pigalle Pointed Pumps Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Christian Louboutin Black Classic Pigalle Follies 100mm Nappa Shiny Leather Point-toe Pumps Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Valentino Red Rockstud Leather Low Top Studded Flats Sneakers Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Fendi Multi Colored Rockstud Wedges Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Balenciaga Black Sneakers Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Chloé Black Bormio Ch26151 Wedges Size EU 40.5 (Approx. US 10.5) Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Valentino Grey Rockstud Pebbled Leather Fringe Ankle 36.5 Boots/Booties Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
Bernie Christian Louboutin White Pink Blue Lady Peep Multicolor Platforms Size US 8 Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Valentino Brown Fringe Leather Knee High Flat Riding 39.5 Boots/Booties Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)