The editorial board of the New York Post Moncler Black Paulette Boots/Booties Size US 10 Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Christian Louboutin Heels Pumps Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Christian Louboutin Black Cadrilla Corazon 100 Velvet Red Gold Heart Embroidered Heel Pumps Size EU 35 (Approx. US 5) Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Christian Louboutin Disorder Calf Boots/Booties Size EU 38.5 (Approx. US 8.5) Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Christian Louboutin Multicolor Limited Edition Daffodile Brodee Crepe Satin Pumps Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Christian Louboutin Red Highness Platforms US 7 Regular (M, B) Size Snakeskin npmcdl2442-Platforms
- WMNS Nike Air Max 90 Hyperfuse City Pack QS SZ 6.5 Milano Aperitivo 813151-800
- ECCO Women's Aspina Low Hiking Shoe, Volluto, 38 M US
- Merrell Women's Encore Q2 Slide Black Leather Casual Shoe J45810
- Rockport Dressports Luxe Bike Toe Slip On, Men's Dress Shoe, Black, US 10
- Chinook Mens Brown Leather Slip On Work Shoes Size 11
- Alegria Men's "Padova" Leather Slip On Shoe Size US 8M
- Tommy Hilfiger Mens Boat shoe,Coffe Bean,10 M US
- Giorgio Brutini size 15 loafers, really nice
- Nature Breeze Lug-38 New Women PU Round Toe Gold Plating Buckle Riding Calf Boot
- $168 size 6.5 Botkier Gemma Glitter Heels Fashion Ankle Booties Womens Shoes
- Tommy Hilfiger Russel Women US10 Brown Snow Boot *New
- Seychelles Raft Bootie, Women's Size 7, Black
- NWOB Juicy Couture Eylssa Ankle Boot 10M Electric Blue/Pewter Metallic
- Mens Leather Moccasins Metal Decor Oxfords Business Comfot Shoes Autumn White
- Adidas NEIGHBORHOOD UNDEFEATED MICROPACER Sizes 4.5-12.5 BLACK 2014 M22693
- Puma Men's Alexander McQueen MCQ Move MID 359487-01 Made in Italy (8.5, 9, 9.5)
- New Roman Mens Summer Sandals Shoes Punk Rivet Flat Heel Slides Mules Leather US
- G.H. Bass & Co. Harlow Pointed Toe Loafers, Black
- MEN Hiking Outdoor Board Athletic Trainers Street Plimsoll Sport Running Shoes
- Men's Sneakers Mesh Lightweight Breathable Athletic Running Walking Gym Shoes
- Helly Hansen 6 ATCP Ultra Light 6 Men's Black Workwear Boots 8.5M
- 58% OFF NEW Mens STEVE MADDEN Quays Boots Brown $130
- SWISSIES MEN'S BROWN ANKLE SHOES BOOTS SIZE 7 - BRAND NEW - NWT
- THOROGOOD ALL WEATER BOOT COVERS BLACK XL
- Zamberlan Italy Gore-Tex Brown Leather Mountain Hiking Boots - Mens Size 9.5(9H)
- Valentino Shadow Pink Rockstud Sandal Platforms Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Taupe New Sempre Monica Brown Over The Knee Boots/Booties Size US 7
- Belleville mens desert work boot size 12R for hunters,fisherman
- Steve Madden Men's Boyer Sneaker, Black, 10 M US
- Men's/Women's Lacoste Men's Chaymon 317 1 Sneaker Consumer first low cost Valuable boutique
- Adidas Copa 17 4 IN Black/White/Gum Men's Indoor Soccer Shoes B85373
- Frye Slate Renee Seam Boots/Booties Size US 10 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Zoom Victory 3 Track & Field Spikes Volt Pink 882006-999 Men’s Size 12
- Men's Nike AIR VERSITILE 852431-102 white/Red/Black Basketball Shoes
- Adidas UltraBoost X Parley Women size 8.5 DM for running/walking/cross training
- 833802-002 Nike Women Mayfly Woven Black Dark Grey White
- Reebok Womens Crossfit Nano 6.0 Navy Running, Cross Training Shoes BHFO 9205
- Winter Warm Womens Shoes Knee High Boots Pull On Buckle Wedge Heel Platform 2018
- Nike Air Stab “Runnin’ and Gunnin’”
- 2005 Nike Air Force 1 Premium LEBRON JAMES RED WHITE NAVY BLUE 309096-611 Sz 11
- Gentlemen/Ladies Aravon Women's Laurel-AR Boot Cheap Upper material Preferred boutique
- Dansko Women's Lola Ankle Bootie - Choose SZ/Color
- Nine West Women's Olwynee Suede Knee High Boot
- New Womens Pointy Toe Pumps Buckle Strap Slip On Casual Flats Cuban Heels Shoes
- Womens Leather Loafers Round Toe Cross Strappy Flat Slip on Ballet Leisure Shoes
- ALEGRIA TUS-436W TUSCANY OXBLOOD BLOOM WOMEN'S U.S. 5W (5300)
- Man/Woman Tory Burch Gemini Link Loafers Quality products New products in 2018 Elegant and solemn
- Chloe Black Leather Round Toe Gold Heel Detail Flats 39
- Superstar slip on s81338 white womens w us 5 5.5 6 6.5 7 7.5
- Asics Gel-Cumulus 19 Womens Cushion Running Shoes FluidRide Runner Pick 1
- Nike Air Force 1 Panache Pack Womens AQ4139-101 Sail Pink Blue Shoes Size 10
- **Crocs Neria Pro Work Clog - Women's Size 10, White
- Ariat 10020099 Oxford Composite Safety Toe 3" Non-Slip SD Non-Metallic Shoes
- Lacoste Mens White Misano Sport Sneakers Silver Logo Shoes Size 10 NWT
- New Aerosport Phillip Mens Adjustable Strap Joggers/Walking Shoes
Valentino Dusty Pink Rockstud Flats Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Christian Louboutin Storm Pigalle Follies 85 Veau Velours Suede Pumps Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).Salvatore Ferragamo Beige Parigi Suede Drivers Men's Flats Size US 9 Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Céline Black Leather Pointed Toe Loafers Flats Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Narrow (Aa, N), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Giuseppe Zanotti Brown Suede Pyramid Stud Platform Knee Boots/Booties Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Lanvin White/Black Bnib 39.5 Pointed Flats Size US 8 Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Giuseppe Zanotti Blue Mistico Wavy Suede/Pvc Sandals Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Christian Louboutin Leopard Morphing 100 Pony Platforms Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Manolo Blahnik Brown Aguila Boots/Booties Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Valentino Blue Rockstud Denim Camustars Camo Star Slip On Sneakers Sneakers Size EU 41 (Approx. US 11) Regular (M, B)
Bernie Thomas Wylde Black 6sh0107 Oil Skull Biker Motorcycle Rocker Punk Sandals Platforms Size US 7 Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Christian Louboutin Pijonina Doudou Pale Pink Suede Peep Toe Stiletto 39.5 Pumps Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)