The editorial board of the New York Post Nike Air Huarache City Multi Aqua Black Racer Pink AH6787-400 NO BX TOP.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
| Condition: |
New with box: A brand-new, un, and un item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
| Brand: |
| US Shoe Size (Women's): ||N/A|
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. WMNS NIKE Air Max Tailwind+ 6 (621226-014) SZ: 11.5 CM:29.5.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Nike Air Zoom Structure 20 Women's Running Black/White-cool Grey 849577-003 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Nike Women's Air Max 90 Essential Running White/Crimson 616730-113 Sz 8. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Nike Air Zoom Structure 20 WIDE Women's Shoes Anthracite/White-Grey 849572-006. Continue reading
Nike One Womens Style : 833928 Roshe npaoll2576-Athletic Shoes
- Nike Air Max 95 LE / QS / OG Women Wmns / GS Kids Youth Running Sneaker Pick 1
- Wmns Adidas Ultra Boost 4.0 Womens Sz 10 Raw Grey Blue White BB6493 Ultraboost
- SAS Womens Twin Loafer Brown Leather Comfort Shoe Tripad Coolstep Slip On 8 New
- Cole Haan Cannolly Black Leather Wingtip Oxfords. Size 9.5 D. Style CO7941
- Tommy Hilfiger Fenson Casual Shoes - Men's Size 11 M - Navy/Red/White
- Mens Suede Fiber Leisure Shoes Street Fashion Printing Flats Comfortable Shoes
- LACOSTE Men’s Sport Shoes LIGHT 2.0 HTG Sneakers Dk Gray 9 9.5 10 NIB $110 MSRP
- Nike Zoom Terra Kiger Shoes (8) Royal Blue / Bright Citron
- Ladies Spot On Zip Up Ankle Boots with 2.5" Heel in 3 Colours Style F50360
- madden girl Finian Pull On Ankle Boots, Dark Grey, 8 US
- Women Wedge High Heel Ankle Boots Fur Furry Tassels Platform Suede Casual Shoes
- Red White Wonder Woman Super Hero Thigh High Halloween Costume Boots Womans 8 9
- Mariano Renzi Tall Buckle Boots, Black Size 6.5 (37)
- Rockport XCS Mens City Play Two Slip-On Loafer Brown 11 M72555
- [email protected]@K! NIB Stonefly men's leather dress shoe in cognac, size 45, MSRP $225
- Men Kenneth Cole Shoes Design 10917 Fashion Black Size 13
- London Fog Mens Sailor Fisherman Sandals Black 8 D(M) US
- Use-Custom-Brand Womens aravon Low Top Slip On Fashion Sneakers
- YJP Breathable Men's Casual Running Sports Shoes Slip on Outdoor Mesh Sneakers
- Adidas Mens Speed Trainer 2 Black/CarbonMetallic/PowerRed Baseball Cleats Size
- GEORGIA BOOT WATERPROOF 10" MID RUBBER BOOTS GB00231 * ALL SIZES
- Men's CHINOOK 6503 PDX 2 Brown Leather Casual/Fashion Work Boots/Shoes NEW
- Merrell Men's Outmost Vent Waterproof Hiking Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- THE SANDERS Leather Cowboy Western Boots Brown Men's 9D
- Wolverine Mens Raider 6 Inch Contour Welt Steel Toe EH Work Boot, Black, 11.5 M
- Christian Louboutin Multicolor Scuba Pvc Wedges Size US 10.5 Narrow (Aa, N)
- Rene Caovilla Silver Crystal Wrap Around Sandals Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)
- Rockport Mens Black Ii Hiking Boots Size 8.5 (41984)
- ECCO Men's Soft 7 Slip On Sneaker, Mahogany Retro Perforated,SZ 8.0-8.5 M D8057
- Men's Clarks Unstructured UnMaslow Easy SlipOn Shoe Brown Nubuck 26124252
- PUMA SCARPA SNEAKER SPORTIVA DONNA ARGENTO ART. 363627 BASKET PLATFORM EXPLOSIVE
- Stuart Weitzman Gold Freely Sandals Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Roshe One Hyperfuse Breathe BR Men's Running Shoes Midnight Navy 833125 400
- Nike Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 Essential Pale Grey 875695-005 Preowned Men’s Size 11
- Adidas Stan Smith Snake GS White Vapor Pink Juniors Womens Girls Trainers AC8460
- 2006 Womens Nike Shox White/Blue/Yellow Running Shoes! Size 8.5 $160.00
- Valentine's Day Special-Basenji Dog Print Running Shoes For Women-Free Shipping
- Women Over Knee Boots Slim Stiletto high Heels Shoe New Pointy Toe Suede Fashion
- 100% Authentic Nike Pegasus 89 Men's Trainers-(//US12) Brand New
- NIKE AIRMAX Size 17 Elite Force 316903-161 Mens Red & White Basketball Sneakers
- Womens Shoes Ankle Heel Stilettos High Heel Pointed Toe Strappy Side Zip Sexy
- Very Volatile Women's Markie Bootie Stone 8 M US
- new $1240 CAMILLA SKOVGAARD black over the knee cut-out SAW WEDGE BOOTS 36.5 6.5
- Clarks Wallabees Original Suede Shoes Boots Beige Tan size 6.5
- L'Artiste Spring Step Womens / 8.5 US Teal Multi Sherbet Blue Purple
- Stuart Weitzman Women's Metallic Rockon Studded Espadrille Flats 09673 Sz 6 M
- Womens TORY BURCH black / gold leather ballet flats sz. 6.5 M
- T.U.K. V8501 Unisex Creeper Oxford- Choose SZ/Color.
- Brooks Ravenna 8 VIII Purple Green Women Running Shoes Sneakers 120238 1B
- Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 [D7G8N-9090] Women Casual Shoes Black/Red
- Nike Air Force Ones Womens 7 1/2
- Women Puma Pointy Creeper Patent By Rihanna Sneakers Glossy Leather Upper Shoes
- Trotters Women's Jake Nude Combo Stretch Fabric Comfort Shoes
- Vans x Trovata Corduroy & Leather Low Top Sneakers Green & Brown Mens US 9 Rare
- Dockers All Motion Comfort Basket Weave Brown Leather Loafer Sz 12 Made Brazil
Nike Women's Air Max 1 Premium Sherpa Pack Sneakers Violet [454746 501] Sample
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)NIB Nike WMNS Free RN Motion FK 2017 Running Shoes Glacier Blue Sz 10 880846-402 (“Intra-City Differences”).Women's Nike Air Prestige 3 Low Size 8 Purple Teal White Guc Dunks AF1 Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Nike Revolution 3 Womens Runner (B) (019) + Free Aus Delivery, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Nike Wmns Presto Fly Women New Air Shoes White Sneakers 910569-105
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a nike lunarglide 7 womens running trainers 747356 104 sneakers shoes. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Nike Womens Lunarglide 8 Runing Trainers 843726 406 Sneakers Shoes
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Nike Womens Air Presto Size 9 Dessert Sand / White Shoes
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Nike Metcon 3 AMP Training Shoe Green/Light Bone/Mango 849808-300 CAMO.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Nike Air Force 1 Women’s ‘07 25th Anniversary White and Gold
Bernie Nike SB Blazer Vanilla Ice Red/Blue/Wave Shoes Womens Size 6.5 314070-641.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Nike Air Force 1 "07 MID Seasonal 818596-800 Women Sizes NEW 100% Authentic