The editorial board of the New York Post SCARPA ADIDAS SUPERSTAR art. C77124.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
| Condition: |
New with box: A brand-new, un, and un item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
| Style: ||Sneakers|
| Color: |
| US Shoe Size (Women's): ||0|
| Brand: |
| Width: ||Medium (B, M)|
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Adidas EQT Support Adv Primeknit Womens BZ0006 Energy Aqua White Shoes Size 10.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Adidas Pure Boost X Tr Mujer Zapatillas Deportivas Running AQ1971 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Adidas Donna Supernova Sequence 9 Spinta Scarpe da Corsa AQ3548. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Size 7 US Women's Running Footgear Adidas NMD R1 (S79482) "Vintage White". Continue reading
Women's NMD R1 STLT PK Sneaker-CQ2030 Adidas npatgu2576-Athletic Shoes
- Nike Air Max 95 LE / QS / OG Women Wmns / GS Kids Youth Running Sneaker Pick 1
- Wmns Adidas Ultra Boost 4.0 Womens Sz 10 Raw Grey Blue White BB6493 Ultraboost
- SAS Womens Twin Loafer Brown Leather Comfort Shoe Tripad Coolstep Slip On 8 New
- Cole Haan Cannolly Black Leather Wingtip Oxfords. Size 9.5 D. Style CO7941
- Tommy Hilfiger Fenson Casual Shoes - Men's Size 11 M - Navy/Red/White
- Mens Suede Fiber Leisure Shoes Street Fashion Printing Flats Comfortable Shoes
- LACOSTE Men’s Sport Shoes LIGHT 2.0 HTG Sneakers Dk Gray 9 9.5 10 NIB $110 MSRP
- Nike Zoom Terra Kiger Shoes (8) Royal Blue / Bright Citron
- Ladies Spot On Zip Up Ankle Boots with 2.5" Heel in 3 Colours Style F50360
- madden girl Finian Pull On Ankle Boots, Dark Grey, 8 US
- Plomo Womens Shoes Size 38 8 Camel Brown Solid Leather Ankle Boots Casual
- Purple Velvet Witch Wizard Maleficent Harry Potter Costume Boots Womans size 8 9
- Donald J Pliner Verie Side Zip Booties 949, Black, 8 US
- Etnies Lo Cut II 2 LS Navy White Red Suede Mens Skate Trainers
- Etnies High Rise ODB LX Skate Shoe
- Robert Graham mens shoes python design leather 10.5
- Man's/Woman's REEF FLEX 2444 BROWN (3 POINT) superior Optimal price cheaper
- Men's/Women's Auditions Crescent Women's Slip On Selling discount price Brand feast
- Draven Willy Men's Size 10 Skateboard Shoes Leopard / White
- US Water Shoe Size Men Beach Pool Walking Barefoot Lightweight Outdoor Sneakers
- Mens Fleece Warm Winter Ankle Boots Shoes Snow Outdoor Tactical Combat Vogue New
- Northside Men's Blackstone Waterproof Insulated Snow Boot - Choose SZ/Color
- HUNTER Designer MEN'S Original Short Rubber Boots W23577 8US/40EU/7UK New in Box
- Fashion Mens Leather Ankle Boots British High Top Shoes Pointed Toe side zipper
- Bottines Boots Tout Cuir Marron Made in Italy IT 44 / FR 45 TBE
- Christian Louboutin Pink Classic Pigalle Follies 85mm Voile Patent Leather Point-toe Pumps Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B)
- Valentino Pink Garavani Leather Sandals Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B)
- Gentleman/Lady DAN POST BOOTS SZ 9D Beautiful color Excellent performance At an affordable price
- Skechers USA Men's Harper Lenden Oxford - Choose SZ/Color
- Asics D5K2Y Onitsuka Tiger by ASICS GSM Mens Sneaker White-Black
- Gentleman/Lady: yeezy boost 350 v2: Atmospheric Simplicity
- ALAÏA Nude Azzedine Suede Studded 110 Mm Sandals Size US 5.5 Regular (M, B)
- Nike SB Zoom Dunk Low Black Barely Green 854866 003 Men's Size 13
- 2006 Nike Air Penny IV Sz 11.5 100% Authentic Retro 4 312455 041
- CQ2527, adidas Shoes – I-5923 W pink/white/red, Women, 2018, Mesh
- NIKE FREE 5.0 TR FIT 4 Womens (Black / Ivory / Ash / Volt) Crossfit [629832-008]
- Man's/Woman's Pleaser Women's Sky 308 Clear/Black Not so expensive Stylish and fun Fashion dynamic
- JUST FAB FAUX SUEDE OVER THE KNEE CHUNKY 4" HEEL BOOT PLATFORM 1"
- Nike Kyrie 3 Slit Red Men SZ 7.5 - 13
- NIKE HYPERDUNK 2015 Men Moss Neon Green High Top Cut Sports Basketball Shoes US8
- Women’s Bandolino Tessi Boot Gray Size 9.5 #NKVI1-833
- Jack Rogers Women's Greer Suede Boot, Olive, 11 M US
- Crocs Black Slip on Shoes Women's Size 7M
- Womens Leather Flat Heels Loafters Slip On Causal Oxfords Floral Mother Shoes
- J Crew Sophie Sequin Loafers 7 A9847 Multi Color Womens Shoes Flats
- Womens Munro Ramie 206473 dark brown suede penny loafers sz. 6.5 M
- Rogier Vivier Flats, in Black Velvet, Used but Good Condition!
- Salvatore Ferragamo 7.5 Tan Suede Black Leather Flats Shoes NIB 1242-10-51018
- Under Armour 24/7 Low Running Women's Shoes Size 9
- NEW Y.R.U. YRU Slayr Festival Rave Boots in Plaid SIZES 6-10 -SALE
- Asics Gel Kinsei 6 (T694N-3401) (Hot Pink / White / Flash Yellow) Womens Running
- Eastland Sunset MLB St Louis Cardinals Boat Shoes - Women's Size 6.5M, White/Red
- Skechers for Work 77212 For Womens Ghenter almena Shoe- Choose SZ/Color.
- PREMIATA Men's Shoes Sneakers ANDY 3273 Original Pelle Nere Leather Black New
- Calvin Klein Men's Menton Tumbled Leather Slip On Loafer Brown Size 13
ADIDAS Womens Sz 8.5 EQT RACING ADV W Cloud White/Chalk Coral/Core Black CQ2156
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Adidas EQT RACING ADV W Off White Black Running BY9799 (470) Women's Shoes (“Intra-City Differences”).[BY9312] Womens Adidas Originals NMD_CS2 PK Primeknit Sneaker - Black Pink Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Adidas Originals Women's Arkyn NEW AUTHENTIC Blue/Cloud White/Gum DB1980, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Adidas Women's Ultraboost X Mid By Stella McCartney Style BY1834 Running Shoe
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a adidas Running Women's Pureboost Xpose Energy/Glow Orange/Maroon size 5 B. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. [Adidas] BY1678 ULTRABOOST X ATR Women Running Shoes Sneakers Burgundy Hit
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. CQ2155_adidas Shoes – Eqt Racing Adv W white/blue/black_2017_Women_Mesh_Nuevo
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Adidas CG5581 Alpha bounce Beyond Running shoes black white Sneakers.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
1802 adidas Questar Drive Women's Training Running Shoes DB1692
Bernie Sneakers Adidas Deerupt Runner Retata.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? adidas Performance BB4766 Womens Aleki X Cross-Trainer Shoe- Choose SZ/Color.