The editorial board of the New York Post SCARPA ADIDAS SUPERSTAR art. C77124.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
| Condition: |
New with box: A brand-new, un, and un item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
| Style: ||Sneakers|
| Color: |
| US Shoe Size (Women's): ||0|
| Brand: |
| Width: ||Medium (B, M)|
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Adidas EQT Support Adv Primeknit Womens BZ0006 Energy Aqua White Shoes Size 10.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Adidas Pure Boost X Tr Mujer Zapatillas Deportivas Running AQ1971 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Adidas Donna Supernova Sequence 9 Spinta Scarpe da Corsa AQ3548. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Size 7 US Women's Running Footgear Adidas NMD R1 (S79482) "Vintage White". Continue reading
Women's NMD R1 STLT PK Sneaker-CQ2030 Adidas npatgu2576-Athletic Shoes
- Nike Air Max 95 LE / QS / OG Women Wmns / GS Kids Youth Running Sneaker Pick 1
- Wmns Adidas Ultra Boost 4.0 Womens Sz 10 Raw Grey Blue White BB6493 Ultraboost
- SAS Womens Twin Loafer Brown Leather Comfort Shoe Tripad Coolstep Slip On 8 New
- Cole Haan Cannolly Black Leather Wingtip Oxfords. Size 9.5 D. Style CO7941
- Tommy Hilfiger Fenson Casual Shoes - Men's Size 11 M - Navy/Red/White
- Mens Suede Fiber Leisure Shoes Street Fashion Printing Flats Comfortable Shoes
- LACOSTE Men’s Sport Shoes LIGHT 2.0 HTG Sneakers Dk Gray 9 9.5 10 NIB $110 MSRP
- Nike Zoom Terra Kiger Shoes (8) Royal Blue / Bright Citron
- Ladies Spot On Zip Up Ankle Boots with 2.5" Heel in 3 Colours Style F50360
- madden girl Finian Pull On Ankle Boots, Dark Grey, 8 US
- OLD WEST WOMENS 10 SNIP TOE TAN CANYON BROWN LEATHER WESTERN COWBOY BOOTS ROPERS
- FAHRENHEIT WOMEN'S IZO-02 BROWN SLOUCH BOOTS US 6.5 NEW
- Modern Vice Cannes Wedge Sneaker Sz 40
- men's shoes FDF SHOES 8 () elegant black shiny leather BZ366-B
- NIB Donald J. Pliner Men's Zindel2 Suede Oxford in Rust
- DIADORA MEN'S SHOES SUEDE TRAINERS SNEAKERS NEW CAMARO GREEN 67A
- Men's Leather Sandals Beach Thong Flip Flops Shoes Summer Casual Slippers Roman
- Patricia Nash Padma Espadrille Flats 160, Cuban Tropical, 6 US / 36 EU
- Mens Asics Gel GT 12140 Running Cross Training shoes size 6 C903N
- Men's SHAUN WHITE Outlaw Skater Shoes-"Airwalk" Navy/Green-Size8
- Nocona Black Full Quill Ostrich Leather Cowboy Boots Men's Size 7.5 D USA
- Wood N Stream Outdoor Boots Men Flex Breathable Brown 5001 ELX sz 14
- MEN'S RODEO COWBOY BOOTS GENUINE LEATHER WESTERN SQUARE TOE BOOTS BROWN TAN
- Carolina ESD Chukka Steel Toe Work Boots Made in USA New!
- The Rail Gray Suede Chelsea Slip On Ankle Boots Mens Size M
- Rene Caovilla Beige Diamond Dust Sole 38.5/Us 7.5-8 New Sandals Size EU 38.5 (Approx. US 8.5) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Neon Orange White Dalida 100 Fluo Mat/Jazz Calf Pumps Size US 10
- $99 G By Guess Men's Trenton Faux Leather And Canvas Ankle Black Boots Size 8.5
- Puma Smash V2 V Strap Peacoat Navy White Men Casual Shoes Sneakers 366910-02
- Merrell Out Perform Black Realm Haza J23557 Nubuck Oxfords Mens Sz 9.5 M
- PUMA Kylie Jenner Fierce Core White / Black 188977-02 RIHANNA FENTY Wmns 8-9.5
- Valentino Gold/Rose Gold/Nude/Metallic Rockstud Formal Shoes Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Max 95 Kashima Antlers Size 11
- Nike Lunarepic Low Flyknit 2 (863779 015) Black /Reflect Silver Size 8 Men’s
- 1801 adidas Originals EQT Support ADV Women's Traning Running Shoes DB0401
- WOMENS SZ.7 NIKE AIR HUARACHE CITY LOW AH6804-600 PARTICLE.ROSE NO BOX TOP
- Women's Hoka One One Hupana Knit Jacquard Running Shoes Toadstool Metal Size 10
- Reba suede fringe western boots size 7 brown tan leather heel Hades
- Nike Air Jordan Super Fly 4 PO Men's Size 11 Basketball Shoes Teal 819163-303
- Nike Free Flyknit Chukka PR QS Mercurial Hyper Punch Royal SZ 10.5 (640652-400)
- Chinese Laundry Womens Mystical Suede Closed Toe Knee High Fashion Boots
- WOMEN'S DKNY KNEE HIGH LEATHER UPPER BOOTS SIZE 6
- Charles David Gianna Boots Brown Suede Over The Knee Boots Size 7 M NEW $450
- Men/Women Ballerine see by Chloé Wear resistant discount price Famous store
- Hot Sale Women's Casual Round Toe Flats Oxfords Sneakers athletic shoes Trainers
- Man/Woman Step on Air Santo Silver Loafer Clearance price a wide range of products TRUE
- Not Rated Womens BRIT Fabric Round Toe Ballet Flats, LEOPARD, Size 8.5
- Arche Women's Onara Flats - Black - Size 6
- BRUCO Vintage Grey Soft Leather High top Comfort Shoe Women US 8 Made in Italy
- Adidas Tubular Strap Womens B39363 Vapor Green Suede Shoes Sneakers Size 7.5
- New Balance Women's MD800 Track Spike - Choose SZ/Color
- Merrell Women's Mqm Flex Gore-Tex, Fruit Punch, 8.5 D US Excellent Cond!
- Dansko Black Leather Mary-Jane Nurse Professional Mules Clogs Size 39 8.5-9 US
- NIB Men's FILA Original Fitness 1FM00003-125 Wht/Fyrd/Arbl Size 13
- Uvex Hydroflex Gel Insoles - 9598/2 - Breathable Natural Cork - Shock Absorbing
ADIDAS Womens Sz 8.5 EQT RACING ADV W Cloud White/Chalk Coral/Core Black CQ2156
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Adidas EQT RACING ADV W Off White Black Running BY9799 (470) Women's Shoes (“Intra-City Differences”).[BY9312] Womens Adidas Originals NMD_CS2 PK Primeknit Sneaker - Black Pink Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a Adidas Originals Women's Arkyn NEW AUTHENTIC Blue/Cloud White/Gum DB1980, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Adidas Women's Ultraboost X Mid By Stella McCartney Style BY1834 Running Shoe
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a adidas Running Women's Pureboost Xpose Energy/Glow Orange/Maroon size 5 B. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. [Adidas] BY1678 ULTRABOOST X ATR Women Running Shoes Sneakers Burgundy Hit
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. CQ2155_adidas Shoes – Eqt Racing Adv W white/blue/black_2017_Women_Mesh_Nuevo
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Adidas CG5581 Alpha bounce Beyond Running shoes black white Sneakers.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
1802 adidas Questar Drive Women's Training Running Shoes DB1692
Bernie Sneakers Adidas Deerupt Runner Retata.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? adidas Performance BB4766 Womens Aleki X Cross-Trainer Shoe- Choose SZ/Color.