The editorial board of the New York Post adidas Womens Adizero Adios Running Shoe Energy Blue/White/Energy Aqua BY2783.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
| Condition: |
New with box: A brand-new, un, and un item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
| Style: ||Running, Cross Training|
| Brand: |
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. [BB2376] Womens Adidas NMD_R1 W PK Primeknit Sneaker - Clear Granite.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the adidas Originals Women's ULTRABOOST X SHOES - BY1673 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously 2016 DS Adidas Tubular Defiant W "Rita Ora" size 7. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Women’s Adidas UltraBoost Parley Stella McCartney Running Shoes Size 7. Continue reading
[Adidas] BB4018 Pure X Women Shoes Sneakers Multi Colour Hit Running Boost npatgu2709-Athletic Shoes
- Nike Air Max WMNS 1 LX Binary Blue SIZE 6.5 917691-400
- NIKE W Air Max 270 Womens Ah6789-006 Size 9.5
- Kendall & Kylie Women's Shiloh Leather and Chain Slide Ivory/Multi Sheep Leather
- Nike Vortak Men's Running Shoes Lagoon Pulse/Volt Glow-Black AA2194-402
- New Mens Bates 7D Shiny Black Uniform Shoes with Durashock soles Oil Resistant
- Cole Haan City Oxfords Black Leather Apron Toe Mens Casual Dress Shoes 11.5 D
- Klogs Springfield Closed Back Unisex Clogs Navy Blue - 8 Medium
- Shoes For Crews 8201 Men's Senator Steel Toe Shoes Slip Resistant, Black Size 9
- LADIES SPOT ON ANKLE BOOTS RICH TAN "F50489"
- Rebel by ZIGI Nanon Ankle Boots 040, Black, 6.5 US
- Easy Street Womens steff Open Toe Ankle Fashion Boots, Tan, Size 6.5 ThMF
- Steve Madden Novela Over-the-Knee Boots 658, Black Suede, 8.5 US
- B Makowsky Taupe Leather Button Detail Fleece Lined Riding Boots 10 New Sale
- NEW adidas X PLR BB1099 Mens Shoes Trainers Sneakers SALE
- Armani Jeans Sneakers Low Mens (Size US:10, UK: 9.5) Excellent Condition
- VT1460 - Vass DM Monks - Crocs & Ostrich - US 9.5 D - F last.
- New Reef RF0A2YFX BRO Contoured Cushion Brown Men's Flip Flops 9 US
- Slippers Flip Flops Casual Shoes For Man 2018 genuine Leather Outdoor New Shoes
- GEORGE FOREMAN Mens White Leather Casual Comfort Zone Sneakers Shoes size 15 W
- Nike Hyperfresh Print Hyperfr3sh N7 Mens BasketBall Shoes 811355-034 Size 7 New
- Men's Slip Resistant Military Snow Knight Rain Boots Rubber Waterproof ShoesNew
- Mooda Mens Genuine Leather Wingtip Ankle Boots Formal Dress Shoes BlackDean
- Wolverine 03146 Mens Wellington Steel Toe Tan Work Boot Sz 9w Wide
- Men suede leather casual ankle boot flat zip shoes high top dress formal Vintage
- X Element Black Leather Mens Motorcycle US Size 13
- Giuseppe Zanotti Metallic-paneled Suede Sandals Size US 9.5
- Jimmy Choo Violet/Blue Marlene Feather and Suede Sandals Platforms Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- Men's Javi Embossed Black Boot Ankle NEW NIB size 11M
- Men's Brand New Adidas Superstar Casual Fashion Sneakers [C77124]
- Remonte R3500 Dark Blue Perforated Suede Fashion Sneaker Shoe 37New
- Adidas LUX Field Hockey Turf Shoe Yellow-Blue Men's 10.5 M, AQ6510
- Balenciaga White Low Top Arena Sneakers / Womens Sz. Fits 8 Sneakers Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Narrow (Aa, N)
- New Nike Vapor Carbon Elite Sz 12 Men VPR Purple Cleats 45 Football 657441 46
- Nike Benassi Solarsoft Slide 2 Men's Photo Blue/White/Binary Blue 05474402
- adidas Performance adizero boston boost 5 tsf w-W Womens Adizero Boston
- Nike Blazer Low Russian Floral Pack Womens AJ1689-001 Black Red Shoes Size 6.5
- BROOKS MACH 17 SPIKELESS DISTANCE RACING FLATS SIZE 7.5 (NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX)
- Sweet Women Fur Rhinestone Mid Calf Boots Fashion Winter Leisure Warm Chic Shoes
- nike rosherun print mens running trainers 655206 415 sneaker shoes
- 2014 NIKE ZOOM KOBE Venomenon 4 Glow in the Dark 635578-003 Men Sz: 8.5-14
- Europe Women's Lamb Patent Leather Square Toe Back Zip Block Heel Ankle Boots Sz
- Pleaser Women's Sinister-202 Boot,Dark Gray/Black Polyurethane,8 M US
- $798 New Stuart Weitzman NUDUNKIRK Women's Boots Leather Over The Knee Size 7.5
- Women’s Double Up Shiny Dancer Skechers Street Los Angeles Shoes Rose Gold 8.5
- New Women's Alegria Paloma PAL-398 Mary Jane Shoes Blue Collage Size 36 US 6-6.5
- Cole Haan Phoenix Brocade Ballet Flat Womens Size 6.5 B Blue Black Print Shoe
- DANSKO WOMENS CLOGS PROFESSIONAL DEWDROP SIZE
- Easy Street Womens Marcie Closed Toe Mary Jane Flats
- MERRELL J06084 MOAB 2 WATERPROOF Wmn's (M) Falcon Mesh/Suede Hiking Shoes
- NIKE WOMEN'S WMNS AIR MAX 95 WQS 919491-301 SATIN FIBERGLASS WHITE DS SIZE: 8
- Adidas Originals Women's Superstar 80s Metal Toe Shoes Size 7 us S76535
- Merrell Encore Groove Wool Black Slip On Mules J66454 Women's Size 8
- Troentorp Bastad Clogs Women's Picasso Black Cherry Slip-Resistant (Non-Skid)
- Bacco Bucci Men's Wing Tip Brown Leather Oxfords Shoes Style#Perkins
- Impuls Mens Red Leather Calf Hair Square Toe Oxfords Size 12
WOMEN'S ADIDAS TUBULAR INVADER 2.0 ORIGINALS BB2068 SZ US W 7
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)AUTHENTIC Adidas Cloudfoam Quesa Raw Green B96513 GRN Running Shoes Women size (“Intra-City Differences”).Adidas Originals 'Stan Smith Cut Out' Trainers sz.US 8.5 Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a adidas Women's Cloudfoam Ultimate Sneaker Grey One F17/FTWR White/Grey Two F17, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? adidas Originals Superstar White/Red Night/Silver Metallic Farm Pack B41510
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a New Adidas Original Womens FALCON BLACK / WHITE B28129 US W 5 - 10 TAKSE AU. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. adidas Originals NMD R2 Roller Knit Women's Shoes Beige
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. ADIDAS ORIGINALS GAZELLE SHOES (CQ2177)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Adidas Samoa + Womens Style : By3528 ICEPNK,ICEPNK,White Womens Size 7.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Adidas Women's Sneakers Running Shoes CLOUDFOAM Ultimate db0606 Navy
Bernie Adidas Superstar Slipon W Womens BZ0647 OLICAR,OLICAR,White Womens Size 9.5.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Adidas Outdoor Terrex Swift R2 Mid GTX Hiking Boot Women Size Black Ash Green