The editorial board of the New York Post adidas Womens Adizero Adios Running Shoe Energy Blue/White/Energy Aqua BY2783.
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
| Condition: |
New with box: A brand-new, un, and un item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
| Style: ||Running, Cross Training|
| Brand: |
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. [BB2376] Womens Adidas NMD_R1 W PK Primeknit Sneaker - Clear Granite.
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the adidas Originals Women's ULTRABOOST X SHOES - BY1673 and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously 2016 DS Adidas Tubular Defiant W "Rita Ora" size 7. It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Women’s Adidas UltraBoost Parley Stella McCartney Running Shoes Size 7. Continue reading
[Adidas] BB4018 Pure X Women Shoes Sneakers Multi Colour Hit Running Boost npatgu2709-Athletic Shoes
- Nike Air Max WMNS 1 LX Binary Blue SIZE 6.5 917691-400
- NIKE W Air Max 270 Womens Ah6789-006 Size 9.5
- Kendall & Kylie Women's Shiloh Leather and Chain Slide Ivory/Multi Sheep Leather
- Nike Vortak Men's Running Shoes Lagoon Pulse/Volt Glow-Black AA2194-402
- New Mens Bates 7D Shiny Black Uniform Shoes with Durashock soles Oil Resistant
- Cole Haan City Oxfords Black Leather Apron Toe Mens Casual Dress Shoes 11.5 D
- Klogs Springfield Closed Back Unisex Clogs Navy Blue - 8 Medium
- Shoes For Crews 8201 Men's Senator Steel Toe Shoes Slip Resistant, Black Size 9
- LADIES SPOT ON ANKLE BOOTS RICH TAN "F50489"
- Rebel by ZIGI Nanon Ankle Boots 040, Black, 6.5 US
- Black 6"Stiletto High Heel Sexy 2"platform Slim Stretch Fit Knee Boots Size 5.5
- FRANCO SARTO Women's MOTOR Knee-High Brown Taupe Leather Boots Size US 7.5
- tony lama cowboys Wester boots Gray/blue Women's Sz 4.5 C
- Seibel Slippers, LOW SHOES TRAINERS SPORTS SHOES BLACK LEATHER NEW
- HOGAN MEN'S SUEDE LOAFERS MOCCASINS NEW H262 BROWN 39B
- Versace Collection Men's Medusa Logo Low Top Sneakers Shoes Blue US 11 IT 44
- Showaflops Boys' Antimicrobial Shower & Water Sandals for Pool, Beach, Camp and
- Bandolino Womens Ed. Ballet Flat- Select SZ/Color.
- NIKE KEYSTONE SZ 13 BLACK WHITE FOOTBALL CLEATS 375559 011
- Chrome Truk Sneaker - Men's Size 8/5 Gray
- Stanley Mens Work & Safety Boots Size 9 (2912)
- Plant by One 4 The Road Mens Black Leather Dress Shoe Size 11
- Milwaukee Men's Steel Toe Black Barron Motorcycle Work Boots MB413
- Men Male Winter Warm Short Snow Boot High Top Sneaker Skate Sport Shoes
- ROCKY K25007 MENS PARABOOTS Steel Vtg TOE CAP WATERPROOF INSULATED 200G Sz 7W
- Giuseppe Zanotti Brown Volta T.moro Platforms Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
- Valentino Black Studwrap Heels Pumps Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B)
- Mens' Size 8 1/2 Unbranded Brown Western Cowboy Boots
- CHUCK TAYLOR ALL STAR JOHN VARVATOS GRAY CANVAS CONVERSE SIZE 10 *NEW*
- Clarks Originals Men's Wallabee Step Tan Leather Casual Shoes 26119917
- PUMA DAMEN TURNSCHUHE FREIZEITSCHUHE SNEAKER WEIß ART. 364108 BASKET HEART NS
- Céline Black Kidskin Woven Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Men's Zoom Hyperquickness 2015 Basketball Shoe
- NIKE Air Jordan II 2 Retro Low Mens Sz 11 Shoes Red White 832819 101
- ADIDAS ORIGINAL WOMENS STANSMITH NEW BOLD B28152
- Nike Roshe Ld-1000 Qs Running Women's Shoes
- NEW MERRELL SOLO AC SNEAKERS SHOES WOMENS 7.5 J45414 CLASSIC AIR CUSHION blue
- Bridesmaid Buckle Womens Round Toe Block Low Heel Side Zip Knee High Boots
- NIKE AIR PENNY IV 4 SZ 10 BLACK BLUE HARDAWAY OG ORLANDO MAGIC 864018 001
- Air Trainer Sc High Bo Jackson 9.5
- Columbia Women's Vapor Vent Hiking Shoe - Choose SZ/color
- Franco Sarto Women's Harwick Ankle Bootie, Desert Khaki, 8 M US
- Womens Loafers Tassel Oxfords College Casual Patent Leather Shoes Chic Fashion34
- Womens Fur Lined Loafers Casual Warm Flats Slippers Slip On Shoes Casual Fashion
- Womens Fergie Benny NIB Silver Flats 6.5 M
- Splendid Womens Delroy Loafer Flat- Select SZ/Color.
- NEW Womens Cole Haan Grandpro Tennis Metallic Soft Gold Sz 8.5 B
- $545 Valentino Garavani Camustars Espadrille Womens White Size 39
- ASICS Women's GT-2000 5 Running Shoe, Mid Grey/White/Pink Glow, 6.5 M US
- HOKA ONE ONE Women's TOR TECH MID WP SHOES Midnight Navy / Spring Bud 1012059
- New Balance 993 Women's US 6.5 B & 7.5 B / Brand New in Box!!!
- NEW MINNETONKA BROWN SUEDE SLIP ON FRINGE?SLIDE FLATS SANDALS S 8
- P.W. Minor Womens Athens, Deep Brown (31430)
- PRADA Black Leather Rubber Soles Slip-On Loafers Men's US 9 M/ Prada 8 *XLNT*
- Mens Summer Hollow Beach Casual Platform Open Toe Sport Sandals Sneaker Shoes
WOMEN'S ADIDAS TUBULAR INVADER 2.0 ORIGINALS BB2068 SZ US W 7
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)AUTHENTIC Adidas Cloudfoam Quesa Raw Green B96513 GRN Running Shoes Women size (“Intra-City Differences”).Adidas Originals 'Stan Smith Cut Out' Trainers sz.US 8.5 Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a adidas Women's Cloudfoam Ultimate Sneaker Grey One F17/FTWR White/Grey Two F17, a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? adidas Originals Superstar White/Red Night/Silver Metallic Farm Pack B41510
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a New Adidas Original Womens FALCON BLACK / WHITE B28129 US W 5 - 10 TAKSE AU. Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. adidas Originals NMD R2 Roller Knit Women's Shoes Beige
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. ADIDAS ORIGINALS GAZELLE SHOES (CQ2177)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Adidas Samoa + Womens Style : By3528 ICEPNK,ICEPNK,White Womens Size 7.
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Adidas Women's Sneakers Running Shoes CLOUDFOAM Ultimate db0606 Navy
Bernie Adidas Superstar Slipon W Womens BZ0647 OLICAR,OLICAR,White Womens Size 9.5.
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Adidas Outdoor Terrex Swift R2 Mid GTX Hiking Boot Women Size Black Ash Green