The editorial board of the New York Post Chloé Navy Blue Slip On Mules 18mr0701 Flats Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B).
One of the top goals of today’s criminal-justice-reform movement is to undo excesses of the past — heavy-handed laws that required long prison stretches for relatively minor offenses, by robbing judges of the discretion they traditionally had when it came to sentencing. But some reformers are now making exactly the same mistake.
Mind you, the Post wasn’t exactly reluctant to enthusiastically endorse the “heavy-handed laws.” There have been far too many tough-on-crime initiatives piled atop and beside each other over the past 40 years, from the inane “Three Strikes” laws to mandatory minimums, from the excessive sentences for drugs crafted in hysterical reaction to the overdose of Len Bias to the excessive sentences for corporate crime in the aftermath of Enron. Continue reading
The story of how Houston Texans wide receiver Keith Mumphery was ousted from his job upon an old story being dredged up, and the story itself being a classic example of the failure of due process on multiple levels, was bad. Christian Louboutin Dark Taupe Slingback Pumps Size EU 39.5 (Approx. US 9.5) Regular (M, B).
Mumphery graduated in 2014 and was going for his masters as he played for the Houston Texans. Until the Hunter Boots/Booties Size US 8 Regular (M, B) and asked the Texans how it missed this when drafting Mumphery. He was then unceremoniously Stuart Weitzman Black Soundtrack Platforms Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B). It’s #MeToo time.
Mumphery did the best thing he could do, retain Andrew Miltenberg to sue the notorious Michigan State, long-time home of sexual abuser Larry Nasser whose decades of abuse were ignored. The college had to get out from under its reputation of protecting Nasser, and Mumphery was an excellent person to sacrifice. Miltenberg was Tory Burch Dark Blue Newport Navy/Gold Cameron 50mm Wedge Style #12148230 Sandals Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B). Continue reading
Camuto Gold/Silver Platforms Size US Regular (M, B) Vince 9 npwzng309-Platforms
- Nike Air Presto Premium - 848141 001
- Naot Women's Formal Sandal Beige/Silver Rivets/Gold Threads Leather
- Dansko Primo Brown Professional Floral Clogs Women's Sz 39 US
- Authentic NIKE AO 9380 - 600 AIR MAX 98 SE sneaker US10.5
- New Mens Sneakers Canvas Mesh Fashion Breathable Sports Running Casual Shoes 006
- 310 Motoring Mens Shoes Ligier 31135 BKGD Black Gold
- Mens Adidas NEO Cloudfoam Super Daily Gray Sneaker Shoes AW4314 Size 7.5 , 9.5
- New Mens Leather Casual Formal Smart Dress Brogues Office Wedding Shoes Boots
- Carlos By Carlos Santana Brown Zip Mid-Calf High Heel Boots Size 8.5 M - Riviera
- Womens Brown Sexy Knee Boot Top Rabbit Fur Size 5.5
- Womens Jelly Pop Off White Casual Faux Fur Upper Dress Pull On Boots Size 7 M
- Man's/Woman's United nude durable Fast delivery Exquisite (processing) processing
- Candies brown ankle high heel boots, size 8.5
- Man's/Woman's Calvin Klein Men's Bram Suede Oxford Complete specification range Win highly appreciated Fair price
- Gentlemen/Ladies Stacy Adams Men's Madison-70 Oxford We have won praise from our customers. Latest styles Easy life
- CARNABY. Men's leather shoes. 100% original. Reference:TF 7317113 GRZ. (41) 28cm
- 2018 Mens Sport Leather Sandals Flats Anti-slip Beach Slippers Slip On Shoes New
- JBU Womens Walking Shoe Red Jambu Melon Sport Mary Jane Size 8.5 Med
- Vasque Inhaler II Low Hiking Shoes - Men's Size 13 M, Navy/Black
- USED PUMA BLAZE OF GLORY x STAMP'D 35980602 - BLACK 10.5
- Man/Woman YUKON HIKING MENS 13 BOOTS High security International choice Diversified new design
- Vintage Milo mountaineering/hiking boots Men’s 8M Brown Leather Vibram Sole
- Dakota 8" Mammoth CT CP Men's Dark Brown Work Boots 12M
- LL Bean Main Hunting Shoe Insulated Duck Hunting Boots - Size 7
- BORN Mens Harrison TAN Leather Desert Chukka Boots Shoes SZ 10.0 M DISPLAY D4128
- Christian Louboutin Black 70mm Sandals Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B)
- Aquazzura Wild Thing Fringe Sandal Open Toe Stiletto Black Suede 38.5 Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- JUSTIN Black Leather Roper Cowboy Western Boots Style 3133 Size 8.5 D
- Cole Haan Zeno Center-Seam Slip-On Loafers, Leather Upper, Black, 11, New
- Mint ADIDAS SUPERSTAR WOVEN GREEN RED YELLOW BLACK 5 man women 7 Jamaica Marley
- New Men's Size 9 Adidas Originals Tubular Doom PK Primeknit BB2393
- Marc Jacobs Black and Silver Antique Sandal Platforms Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Max Invigor Print Mens Solar Red Silver Shoes 749688 602
- NIKE ZOOM ATTERO 2 MENS SIZE 9.5 SHOES PURPLE ATHLETIC SNEAKERS BASKETBALL
- Adidas Courtvantage W BB5209 grey halfshoes
- Nike Womens Flyknit TR3 Black Sneakers Shoes Size 9
- Women's Nike Free TR 6 Training & Running Shoe 833413 001 Size 6.5 Black/White
- H by Hudson Women's Maldive Ultrasuede Fashion Sneaker, Navy, 39 EU/8 M US
- Vintage 2007 Nike Air 180 Premium Barkley's 316274-171 Men's Shoes Size 10
- Men's Nike Free RN Flyknit Sz 7.5-13 Black/White 831069-001 FREE SHIPPING
- New Jack Rogers Booties Size 8 Bailee Oak Suede Ankle Boots Womens Side Zipper
- Women Western Mid Heel Block Over The Knee Thigh High Boots Stretch Pull On Shoe
- PRADA Brown Suede Platform Knee High Boots
- Salvatore Ferragamo Sport Brown Suede Womens Size 8.5 Shoes
- Womens nEW Style Flat Heel Stripe Strap Genuine Real Leather Loafer Shoes Size
- Womens SAM EDELMAN "FARA" 204338 blue suede ballet flats shoes sz. 5 ( )
- Ivy Kirzhner Gelato Smooth Black Leather Gold Stud Nailhead Slingback Flats Shoe
- Rare Item Converse All Star Ultraman R HI Silver Red Sneaker From JAPAN F/S
- Merrell Women's Outmost Vent Hiking Shoe Frost Grey Size US 9.5 M
- Nike Women's Air Max 90 Ultra Prm Oatmeal/Black 859522-100
- NIKE W Roshe Two Knit AA1113-003 DUST/MTLC PEWTER-BLACK-WHITE Womens Size 6.5
- Dansko Brown Leather Anti-fatigue Lightweight Ladies Shoes size 37 US 6.5/7
- Crocs women’s Clogs Black Suede Leather Slip on shoes Size 7
- MCQ ALEXANDER MCQUEEN MEN'S SHOES TRAINERS SNEAKERS NEW SWALLOW PLIMSOLL 240
- Skechers Collection Men Brown Leather Loafers Sz 10 M 70399 Slip On Driving Shoe
Cole Haan Black Open Toe Work Pumps Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B)
A legion of lawyers, judges and law professors hate the Sentencing Guidelines. I am not one of them. From the beginning, I thought that the Guidelines made sense because they held out the hope that unwarranted sentencing disparity could be addressed, if not eliminated.
When the poorly reasoned sentencing decisions by the Supreme Court came out that ultimately turned the Sentencing Guidelines into Swiss cheese (based, as they were, on a misreading of history at the time of the Founding[i]), we show ponies (federal judges) were off to the races. Always insanely jealous of our prerogatives, a large number of us began to sentence people as we liked despite what our colleagues down the hall did in similar circumstances.
We now know for certain that what sentence you receive in the same federal court in the same large city often depends upon what judge you draw, and the difference is frequently significant. U.S. Sentencing Commission, Intra-City Differences in Federal Sentencing Practices, Federal District Judges in 30 Cities, 2005 – 2017, p. 7 (2019) (stating simply: “In most cities, the length of a defendant’s sentence increasingly depends on which judge in the courthouse is assigned to his or her case.”)Hunter Black Leather Tall Boots/Booties Size US 7 Regular (M, B) (“Intra-City Differences”).Prada Boots/Booties Size US 10 Regular (M, B) Continue reading
A baseball bat is a wonderful and extremely useful sporting good item. It’s also a vicious weapon, if swung at one’s head. It’s not the fault of the bat that it can be both, but the nature of its use. Knives work in a similar way, great for cutting one’s food, opening boxes, cutting rope and threatening to gut someone if they fail to hand over their money.
But then, New York’s gravity knife law wasn’t directed at the possession of all knives, because everyone understood that knives, per se, weren’t objects of evil. Instead, it was a J.Crew Turquoise Pool 36243 Classic Leather Ballet Flats Mules/Slides Size US 12 Regular (M, B), a moment’s hysteria. GIs returning from WWII brought back Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messers, German paratrooper knives, which were without question gravity knives. They scared people, because the knives came out of nowhere and who, but for someone evil, would carry such evil knives? Giuseppe Zanotti Brown "I36066" Crocodile Embossed Cognac Leather Loafers Flats Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)
On top of the world, the view is spectacular.
Looked around, but didn’t find David here. I’ll keep looking.
Out of here for a bit. I won’t have much internet access, so I’ve sent David the keys to the joint while I’m away. Please don’t let him crash the Healey.
Have fun and be well.
What if you took a bunch of ideas that all your most passionate pals agreed were either cool, edgy, just or moral, and mixed them together in a big pot? You would end up with San Francisco.
The basic problem is the steady collapse of livability. Across my home state, traffic and transportation is a Christian Louboutin Miss Chacha 120 Crepe De Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B). Child care and education seem impossible for all but the wealthiest. The problems of affordable housing and homelessness have surpassed all superlatives — what was a crisis is now an emergency that feels like a dystopian showcase of American inequality.
The problem with reducing problems to the “basic problem” is why Farhad Manjoo, and those who view their world with the facile simplicity that created this American Experiment in progress can stare their failure in the face and still fail to understand how everything went awry. Tory Burch Blue 8.5m Nori 115mm Sandal Wedges Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
Doug Glanville got video bombed while doing a Cubs game. He didn’t know it at the time, but found it soon enough.
Ambiguity has always been a friend to racism.
On May 7, during a television broadcast of a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field, I was on camera doing in-game commentary for NBC Sports Chicago when, unbeknown to me, a fan behind me wearing a Cubs sweatshirt made an upside-down “O.K.” sign with his hand.
He’s right that ambiguity has always been a friend to racism, but the problem is that ambiguity is a friend to everything, because it’s ambiguous, and thus susceptible to many interpretations, all of which are similarly valid and invalid because that’s the nature of ambiguity. Salvatore Ferragamo Na Sandals Size US 6 Regular (M, B)
With the attention given the Ron Sullivan debacle at being punished by the unduly passionate children of Harvard, former OJ prosecutor Chris Darden’s dilemma has largely gone unnoticed. It’s surprising, since it carries all the usual sexy indicators: a murdered celebrity, a well-known lawyer and death threats. Yet, it has remained largely in the shadows. Dior Black/Noir Boots/Booties Size US 8 Regular (M, B).
The threatening phone calls to Chris Darden’s law office began almost immediately. The messages on Instagram and Facebook trickled in soon after, some from anonymous accounts.
One caller left a voicemail, Darden recalled, saying he hoped someone would walk up behind the attorney and shoot him in the head.
“And I’m a shooter,” the voice said.
Salvatore Ferragamo Blue Shoes-2972 Wedges Size US 9.5 Wide (C, D)
Bernie adidas Black Gazelle Sneakers Size US 9 Regular (M, B).
If we are a nation that can pay baseball players hundreds of millions of dollars, don’t tell me we can’t afford to pay teachers the salaries they deserve.
Is this a false equivalency, or maybe just a non-sequitur? Or should we put aside the multitude of reasons why a comparison between star ballplayers and teachers fails on every level and focus instead on the latter part of Bernie’s being Bernie. What do teachers “deserve”? What does “deserve” have to do with what they get paid? Jimmy Choo Tan Pumps Size US 9 Regular (M, B)